1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

?UTEXTRA? and Ut2vote

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bonjaa, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Hi, I have a question about the utextra mod! I have ut2vote sys on my server and I have added utextra as well. In the utextra readme file, it says that when you log on as server admin(which I suspect it is talking about admin of ut2vote), that you will get an admin console of utextra. This I do not get! Any reasons why? I am also trying to get the hitsounds to work without each and every player having to turn theres on seperately, is this possible? I have included my ut2vote mutator section with utextra.15.

Code:
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="UTExtra",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTExtra15.UTExtra",Voted=False)
    also my
    Code:
    [UT2Vote57.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="Whatever.MutWhatever",ServerPackages="Whatever,Whatnext")
    Packages=(MutClassName="UTExtra15.UTExtra",ServerPackages="UTExtra15")
    I do not have anything in the ut2004.ini file, as it was stated in the game utilities to use eithor ut2004.ini or ut2votepackages! Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks!

2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Currently you have added UTExtra as an optional votable mutator.
    Rather remove it from the Mutator= or just set HideVote=True

Rather use UTExtra16 (comes with UT2Vote57) - it defaults the client hitsounds as 'on' instead of 'off' as in previous versions.
    http://www.proasm.com/files/UTExtra16.zip

Then set it up in the UT2Vote ini file:
    ServerMuts=UTExtra16.UTExtra

Make sure you have:
    bNoHitSounds=False

Clients can now bring down their consoles and type: Mutate UTExtra and get a configurable menu.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  3. Bonjaa

Bonjaa New Member

Thankyou very much, works nicely! Just one question, is the whitelisting fixed in the utextra mutator, or should I expect some problems down the road!

4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

No, UTExtra is not white listed because of the Brightskins option.