1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UTComp 1.5 Beta 1 Released

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Raffi_B, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Raffi_B

Raffi_B Administrator

Aaron "Lotus" Everitt has released the first beta of UTComp version 1.5:
    Here is the changelog in this version:

Added Duel Mode with lines
    Added timed overtime option
    Server Admins calling new votes will now pass automatically
    Added Flood Protection to voting messages
    Fixed server autodemorec sometimes failing to record due to overly long demo names
    Fixed Line of Sight hitsounds sometimes not playing with weapon stats disabled
    Fixed adminready console command sometimes not working
    Re-Added messages when players go ready and not ready
    Fixed "player voted" message happening when specs vote through the console
    Fixed bug causing sounds for players being forced to human male
    Player Highlighting color now matches the client's skin settings
    Chat messages can now be used during pauses
    Fixed bug allowing colored names longer than regular name character limit
    Fixed minor issues with Custom Gametypes voting

2. zukeft

zukeft New Member

UTComp gets sexier by the minute. =D

3. fr4j0

fr4j0 New Member

Is this or will this be whitelisted?

fr4j0

:eek:

4. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

I hope not. "Enhanced visibility" and hit sounds are for blind noobs who don't know what they're doing.

5. fr4j0

fr4j0 New Member

The reason for my reply was to show my :eek: (embarrassment) for this mutator - after many threads on the 2k4 server list on this subject - I was under the impression that the brightskins were being removed so that whitelisted status would be given ;) , I should of included the sarcasm tags :p

fr4j0

:D

Last edited: Oct 27, 2004
  6. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Yes, that's why it's required for all the tournaments becauase they are such "noobs".

stryfe, CC, Lauke, etc.... they must all be terrible players.

7. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Just weenies that like to complain. "I can't see him when he can see me momy!!!!"

I like UTcomp only SLIGHTLY more than I liked TTM (which means I still dislike it, but survive with it).

8. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Euro CTF is pro-mod clean right now :)

Well, TDM and 1v1 anyway :)

9. 1337

1337 1337

you probably use matrix as a model :rolleyes:
    if there wasn't this option than everyone would force characters and use matrix as there own, thanks goodness for UTComp.
    I would hate to force models, because the different models add more personality to the game. 1v1 and TDM, would suck without UTComp.

God Bless UTComp! :tup: :) :clap: :cheers: :notworthy: :crazydance:

10. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

Even if UTComp makes it easier to hit the opponent it still makes the playingfield more even, a lot of people are having trouble seeing even the models with "ok" teamskins (gorge, rylisa) because they are colorblind or have other problems with their eyesight... UTComp makes it possible for everyone to see the players equally well since you can pick whatever color you want...

Btw, if you are easier to hit doesn't that make it even more important to play smart? I mean you can't just stand in a dark area anymore or abuse the skinbug that exists on several maps...

It's great to see the timed overtime option, suddendeath in TDM is simply to random ^^

11. dub

dub

I'm a big fan of UT Comp.
    Personally I like the hit sounds. (and don't consider myself a "n00b") It's interesting whilst minigunning, to hear how many of your shots actually hit target.
    Many good features and lucky for all you complainers - you can always switch off those features you don't like.

12. Sir_Brizz

switching them off is not an option in clan play because then YOU are the one with a disadvantage.

13. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

there isnt much difference between forced models and varied models that have been turned into red and blue glow sticks.

To me a "pro" that cant win without damage dingers and neon flashing signs for skins isn't a pro at all.

14. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

pros can win without brightskins and hitsounds. however, it makes the game more enjoyable, and takes away from stealth elements (not being able to see the person cuz your mommy doesnt buy you an overpriced alienware and you are struggling to get 30 fps on 800 by 600, trying to guess if they lit up from that LG shot or not, etc etc), and adds to the core elements of the game (mindless fragging :D).

15. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

Brightskins aren't such a bad idea, but UTComp goes about in the most ugly way possible. It's horrid

16. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

dont UTComp still have the enhanched Epic brightskins? They don't look horrid but works way way better than the normal epic bs...

17. borsdy

borsdy New Member

:tup:

18. Majai

Majai New Member

Epic did it correct in 2k3 with shoulder lights it leveled the playing feild but does not look as ulgy as brightskins look. I think brightskins and hit sounds take away from the game to bad ladder admins made it a requirement but most clans i have played games with want it all off.

19. Sir_Brizz

Quoted for truth.

20. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

what "clans" have you played with that wanted it off. i doubt they play even slightly serious when it comes to clan matches and stuff... most clans with even the smallest, remote amount of talent seem to be playing with it these days. unless you are talking about onslaught.. onslaught is like an entirely separate game.. i really dont care what they do with brightskins, cuz i dont play onslaught and wont have to deal with it. :p

and personally, i thought the shoulder lights were dumb.. "Epic did it correct in 2k3".. wrong, they did it correct in ut99, where no form of brightskin was needed. the shoulder lights was kind of a dumb idea.. it still only helps you see their shoulders.. you were still kind of unsure as to where the rest of their body was (granted it wasnt very difficult to guess, with experience).. but if you are gonna light them up, just light up their whole body.. no reason not to really

there are so many cool features in utcomp, you just have to discover them and tweak with them.. it really is a good mutator. such a shame that epic blacklisted it :(

unless of course you think graphics = gameplay, and that its all about pretty graphics. granted, i dont want to play a game that looks like **** either.. but rather than turning the texture detail all the way down and making the maps look terrible just so i can see the players skins, i'd rather just make the players skins look terrible so i can see them and still have a cool looking map. granted, its an exaggeration IMO.. low settings, the game still looks decent, and with brightskins, they still look decent (the old versions with different colored heads were really stupid, i agree, but the new versions dont have that.. at least by default i know they dont). you can also customize the colors, so you can make them whatever you want (its on a RGB scale).. normally you have red all the way up and the other two down, and vice versa, for red and blue team.. but you can lower the red bar for example, while still keeping the green and blue bars all the way down, and you will have less "glowstick"-like brightskins.. you still have the advantage of having brightskins, and now its not a nearly opaque layer of glowing red/blue/whatever other color.. its more transparent. it gives you the same advantages of a brightskin (except their's is slightly brighter.. but it gets to a point that the brightness is high enough that changes in it dont help you much more.. low marginal returns in advantages, if you will), but doesnt look like "retarded glowsticks" as some people tend to say.