1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE1 - UT UT99 Stairs

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx, Feb 7, 2010.

1. [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx Member

I would like to learn how to replicate this stair brush from the stock map Arcane Temple. I don't want to steal the brush from the map and I have tried using the stair tool in UTed and cannot replicate the brush used in this map. Was it make in an external 3-d program such as 3dsmax?

Attached Files:

2. rmcollins3

rmcollins3 AKA "Doublez-Down"

Most likely made using the 2d editor revolve tool.

Or could also just be a large spiral staircase using the spiral staircase tool? But with the column in the middle, it reeks of 2d editor revolve tool. Try this...Revolve Tool

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  3. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

4. rmcollins3

rmcollins3 AKA "Doublez-Down"

On another note....I know you want to create stuff on your own (which is a good thing!), but I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about just ripping it from the map itself and editing it as you see fit or incorporating it in a different way. It's no different (imo) than using a static mesh in UT2Kx. It was created by someone else as well but is up to you how you incorporate it. Most maps aren't going to be completely anyone's "own" work. Someone else likely made the textures, meshes, sounds, music, brushes, etc. Maps that are COMPLETELY one person's work are extremely rare. Just don't overdo it, and give the original author credit.

5. Cowlike

Cowlike New Member

You can do it with the default curved stair case, you'll have to mirror it about z, and modify the ceiling height by pushing the top vertices

6. [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx Member

Everyone thank you for your help! I started mapping when UT99 was released and I'm still learning about how to use the editor properly. Slow learner I guess! I will try all of the suggestions posted here and see what works best for me. Again thanks for your help.

7. [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx Member

Thank you cowlike! this seems to be the best way to replicate the stair brush. The angle of curve and inner radius I need to tweek and I should be good to go!!!!!!!!!!!! Again thank you everyone for your reply and help!;)

8. [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx Member

After downloading Tarquin Brush Builder Pack. I have a little better control then the stock stair tool. A subtracted cylinder with and added spiral stair works also!!!!!!