1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT99 SP ladder with replaced weapons?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament' started by Ironword300, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Hi, after long time of not playing UT(99, as I find it's now being called)--a very, very, veeeery long time--I'm firing up the old girl once again. I'm going to play the original Unreal SP campaign with the newest Infiltration weapons (they have an M60 machine gun now w/s3tc-quality texture--wow!). But I also want to go to the total opposite extreme and get wild with Nali Weapons 3. But I only want to do that in UT itself, not UnrealSP. Somehow NW3 just seems a little too futuristic for the gritty Na Pali environments.

But how I dreamed of something like NW3 back in the day for the UTSP ladder & subsequent botmatch play, and Chaos UT--don't want to raise any hackles here, I know loyalties run deep--but still, Chaos UT & U4E didn't even approach what I had in mind. Closest thing was RocketsUT, but not close enough (U4E's black-hole weapon was too over-the-top, passing the bounds of what could be considered realistic even for a far-future supersoldier). And now I come back after more than a decade, and here's NW3, just sitting there on a platter! I'll have to ignore the kabalistic spell-casting-animated Elemental Nali weapons and the nukes that add the same (though those might be appropriate for supercharging Nali Chronicles!), but most of the other stuff is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for.

So the big question is, can I replace the UT weapons in the single-player tournament ladder with goodies from NW3? I don't see a way to do that, but if someone ever figured it out, I'd be most grateful for a pointer.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

All the NW3 stuff is loaded as mutators, so you could type the mutate commands, or possible manually add them the the ini section for the SP ladder.
    Try copying your chosen mutators from [UTMenu.UTMenuBotmatchCW] to
    [UTMenu.UTLadder]
    or
    [Botpack.LadderNewGame]
    I have not tried this yet but U-Engine is remarkably flexible when you abuse it (I intend to try as soon as I can)

You will also have to enable cheating in the config.
    [Engine.GameInfo]
    bNoCheating=False

3. Ironword300

Ironword300 Member

Finally got 'round to trying this (RL's been killin' it).
    This didn't seem to work; I put the botmach mutator list (which had been hijacked by Oldskool) into both [UTMenu.UTLadder] or [Botpack.LadderNewGame], and to boot changed the coopweaponMode setting to True [Botpack.LadderTransition] and in all the sections that had it except Training. Added the mutator list to [UTMenu.UTMenuBotmatchCW] also, from where Oldskool siphoned it off. Still no replacement of weapons in the SP ladder.
    This, however, was the key. Enabling cheats allowed me to summon anything that's in the UT system dir and not class-based, so I can temporarily make myself invulnerable (fly) and summon the Nali Weapons I think appropriate. Once summoned in a particular spot, they continue to respawn at that location as if they had been placed there by the original mapper, so it's fair to the bots who can also pick it up after me. So I've got a solution that's a little kludgy but it does the job. ThX!