1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3DOM *THREAD V2* - Development Thread

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by RoninMastaFX, Mar 13, 2009.

1. RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

Hey everyone. Been a long time I posted in the UT3 forum. :p

Just thought I'd let everyone know that UT3DOM is still active. We will be making UT3DOM v2.5, and after that, a Bonus Pack, and two mappacks (Vol. 1 and Vol. 2).

Here is the (hopefully) official changelist (as of Alpha 1C UT3DOM Manual), covering from v1.6 to v2.5:

If you wish to look at the official Alpha readme of UT3DOM, you'll have to vow to never tell it to a soul, unless I give the OK to do so...or, just join my UT3DOM Fan Club and the link is already posted there.

For those who are wondering where to downlaod V2.0, the download link is here:

UT3DOM 2.0 Windows Installer (Kinda ****ed up on UT3 v2.0 and newer, NOT RECOMMENDED)
    UT3DOM 2.0 Zip Manual/Server Install
    UT3DOM 2.0 Source Code
    UT3DOM PS3 v1.0 (NOT RECOMMENDED, PS3 hangs with bots in play)

Enjoy. :p :D

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  2. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

I assume you know about the patch breaking the scoreboard? :)

3. RoninMastaFX

I do idd, I have just forgotten to write it in the changelog. xD Was tired last night when I wrote this :(

Edit1: That is a UTMultiTeam issue iirc, and a new version of UTMultiTeam will be included with UT3DOM. Currently v2.0 and older use Alpha v0.1 with a helluva lot of upgrades form the UT3DOM code, however, those updates from UT3DOM and from Catalyst, Snake.PLiSKiN and myself (I only know very little coding, but I'm a natural at clear directions *and* directing them smoothly :p). UT3DOM v2.5 will include UTMultiTeam Alpha v0.2, so this issue won't exist anymore this UT3 Patch v2.0. :)

4. Mr. UglyPants

Mr. UglyPants 2007 never existed, it was all a dream.

The scoreboard is broken, lovely.

5. RoninMastaFX

I know...happened even in the original leaked UT3 Patch v2.0 Beta 1. :(

@everyone

No worries though, it <quote> *WILL* </unqoute> be fixed in V2.5. And that means UTMultiTeam is gettting upgraded with the help of me, Snake.PLiSKiN, and Catalyst, the author of the mod. :)

Whenever we get it fixed, I'll post a screenshot when it's fixed, looking before and after (with UT3DOM v2.0 and V2.5 :p ), but that date is unknown yet...it'll happen soon though. :)

6. Alhanalem

Glad to know. Before the patch, it was about the only thing I started UT3 for. :p

7. RoninMastaFX

And this will be the only thing you'll be playing probably once V2.5 comes out. If it all comes to plan, there should be 22 levels in total. ;) :)

I'll list them out now:

Also, expect UT3DOM v2.5 to be at least 1 GB in size...it'll be a bloody miracle if it'll be under that. ^^ :(

Edit1 The maps that are in blue text are original from v1.6, The maps that are in red text are maps released in either 1.6 and/or 2.0 and older that are going to be updated in V2.5, The maps that are in orange text are maps released in v2.0 and The maps that are in green text are maps released in v2.5

8. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

VDOM-Morbias? Wow, I want to see how this looks, especially with Titans :D
    Any plans to release a code-only version of this, and let people download only the maps they want?

9. RoninMastaFX

Yes. :) Within the setup, you are allowed to install the source code (uncooked versions), the code (cooked), the maps, and UTMultiTeam, all as seperate options. :)

Edit1: Question to all of you BuFers....due to the amount of maps included in V2.5 (22), shall I make an option in the setup for each and every map, certain map bundles, maps from v1.6, 2.0 and/or 3.5 their own options...random mix...? :confused: I want your opinion...say it before it's too late! ;) :D

10. RoninMastaFX

Sorry for double posting, but I just wanted to clarify about UT3DOM users with v1.0 of the PS3 about bot related issues with the PS3 and the hanging caused from it. This is taken directly from the Alpha 1C version of the manual:

P.S. Forgive the typos, the manual still needs to be fixed of them. :(

11. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Within the setup?! You mean, I'll have to download a few GB of data I won't install?!

12. RoninMastaFX

Good point! I'll make a version of setup that doesn't include the maps then. :p :) Sound cool? :p

@Everyone

Also, I need feedback on what people think about the customizability of the setup, whether it's a "yay" or a "nay". Imho, a customizable setup should be a good thing...but if that's the case, I'll have to make version with the map and one without. :) But tbh, if the installation is going to be 1 GB or more, then I'll have to think of other alternatives for installation. :) And this might be one of them. :)

13. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

That's better :)

14. RoninMastaFX

Glad to know, get's more stress off my shoulders when I make things right and proper. ;) :D

15. Alhanalem

customizable setup of what? control points?

Put more than 3 points in a map and let people pick which ones and how many they want?

16. RoninMastaFX

I meant customizable installer for choosing what content that they want. :shy: It was a suggestion that GreatEmerald made, and I'm thinking that it might occur, due to the massive file size that UT3DOM v2.5 will have. ;) :)

17. Alhanalem

installing anything less than everything will mean you'll have to download it to play on a server anyway.

BTW send some of your mappers over to jailbreak when you're done. We really need more :p

18. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Yea, I guess you can create two installers - one full which has all the maps, and another small, that has no maps, and add individual links to maps to the release thread.

19. Jane's_Addiction-

Jane's_Addiction- New Member

Man Ya'll should consider making some ut3 maps into dom:

Like:
    dm-gateways
    dm-sanctuary
    dm-heatray
    dm-deimos
    dm-eden, inc.

These maps don't work for tdm for one reason or another. however, they are mostly used for DM only. but I'm sure they will be great for Domination :eek:

20. RoninMastaFX

Wow, went to sleep early and found lots of posts. Time to start up the old chain and start lifting up the rug and revealing the answers. :p :)

I will mention it to them, but you gotta get some of your guys to make maps for whether the Bonus Pack and/or one (or both) of the mappacks. :D

Also, for the maps part of a different setup, read Great Emerald's post and my answer below. ;) :)

Will do. ;) :) I'll create an installer and a ZIP/EXE version on the maps, for Server and Windows installer.

I dunno if this would be useless, but for mac users, create a setup for them too, if the Darwin/Mac version of UT3 comes soon, and when it does, I'll try and get someone to create a UT3DOM Mac/Darwin installer. :p :)

There is always room for the two mappacks. 22 maps for a mod is quite bit, and I originally only wanted 20, but my friend [BN]-=AV][T=- wanted his two maps in badly, so I upped it to 22. ;) :)

I might work on a couple of conversions myself for the mappack, but no promises (...yet! ;) )

@Everyone

Well, it seems that everyone wants to two piece and single piece setup (well, GE (GreatEmerald) does, so for him and everyone else, I'll make 2 versions of the setup: 1 with maps included, and 1 with maps separate.

However, might I add, I'll add a setup guide on how to do it for those who have 56k and what not and would prefer this, but other than what's included in the manual, I'll give no support for how to install it...I would be asked every single hour (sarcastically :p ) on how come maps aren't included in that version. However, I'll tell them what they can do to resolve it, but any other issues, you'll have no support, unless it's rally serious(for the combined installer, support will be followed).

But don't be worried about the non-support, I *MAY* change it during v2.5 release, but until then, no support until further notice for the two-piece setup! :)

P.S. I'll make a guide about it one day that'll (hopefully) answer a lot of your questions, which will be bundled into the manual and our website(once it's fixed... =/ :( )