UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes I tried the 177.92 - absolutely useless with black flashes all over the place and it completely stuffs up my Flight Simulator.
Tried 177.83, same as 177.92
175.19 - flakcannon goes black.
175.16 - all weapons go black, only ok when I'm dead.
169.13 - everything works fine, no black stuff, except many hangs and get a message "UT3 has caused a problem and need to be shut down" and end up on desktop.
Sometimes I get the famous BLUE screen and have to hard reset.
I think I will put UT3 to rest and maybe try it again when I reinstall windows as I do need to do that as my drive is a mess with all the Flight Sim experimentations.
Maybe I should try uninstall SP3

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok, it looks like its nHancer causing the black flashing problem, pity as that program is the best thing since sliced bread.
Anyway I disable it for UT3.
Now I just got to sort out the hanging problem.
Pity my new PC does not have AGP else I'd put my 6600GTS256 back as I'm not very impressed with this 8800GT512 and think the 6600 will out perform it.
I'll also try switching off one of the cores on my CPU as I do with Flight Sim as that works great there.
UT3 is a joke :(

[PHX]Big_Deal

Feb 13, 2008
Germany
www.phoenix-4ever.de
hmmm not good that you have so many problems...i never had one.
But you can test this:
right click on the ut3 shortcut, edit
then in shortcut tab add -onethread
it should look like this:

"C:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -onethread

Than it runs for a lot players better and did also with my old pc!

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Just a question....
I have decided to reformat my drive and re-install Xp.
Now I have 3 copies... which one should I use ?
1. Xp-Pro SP2 (OEM)
2. Xp-Pro-Gold (SP2)
3. Xp-Pro-Corporate SP2

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
i too have the 6600gts and the 8800gt. The 6600gts was already outperformed by my old ati 9800xt. There is no way, it can be faster as a 8800gt, if everything is working as intended ;)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The 8800 works great with big demand games like Flight Sims but I think with UT3 with multicores and the 6600 there might be some surprises.
This 8800GT is very noisy and sound like a 747 landing whereas my 6600 was liquid cooled and dead silent :)
Anyways I've decided to use the corporate edition of Xp as I often change hard drives / motherboards etc during testing and it does not complain and give blue screens and re-activation and all that crap.
I also Slip-streamed SP3 with it and wrote a new bootable CD and also changed the Uxtheme.dll so I'll be installing this weekend if all goes well.

On a side note we had a few surprises here this last few months.
My uncle died a few years ago and I was the executor for the estate and ended up with a lot of the old "junk" that nobody wanted.
Anyway we just stored it all in boxes and stuck it in the spare room cupboards and forgot about it.
About 2 months ago we decided to open the boxes and look whats there.
Wow........
We found a 1909 Enfield 303 rifle, a hexagen barrel elephant rifle, and a 16 bore double barrel shotgun with slugs as this is now obsolete.
There was also a perfect working 1913 German Luger with a full magazine.
There was also an 1882 Grandfather clock almost like the one here (bottom):
http://antiques-internet.com/colorado/antiquetimepieces/dynapage/IP349.htm
This we had fixed by a Horologist and is working great.
There were also 2 swords as worn by German Generals during WWI which I have kept.
The biggest surprise was an 1892 gold Pocket watch which apparently is a one of a kind and we have been offered US$34000.00 for it and will probably let it go.
The rifles and Luger I've donated to the SA War Museum and will receive recognition for that.

So what started out as a "dumping" venture as ended up a very fruitfull exercise :)

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
LOL... dont be in a hurry.
I did a complete re-install but have not installed UT3 yet, still testing all other progs.
I made a .reg file for my UT2004, UT99 and Unreal1 before I re-installed Xp, then backed the folders up and afterwards just copied the folders back and ran my .reg file and all worked out great for those, so that saves me re-installing from scratch in future.
Once UT3 is installed I'll let you know whats up :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
To be very honest with you I still have not installed UT3 and as time passes the interest drains :)
Question:
Will UT3 run on Xp Pro SP1 ?
I am seriously thinking of dumping this crap Xp SP2/3 and going back to SP1 as its 3 times faster and smoother.
People have forgotten how nice SP1 is regarding speed and operation.
SP2 slows your operations down as much as 60% and the problem is most dont even know that.
About 3 years ago I was forced to use SP2 for my work purposes but now that I have retired it is no longer necessary.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
mmm I tried Vista Business and was very dissapointed as it had the same 'lag' problem that Xp SP2 has got so I dumped it and actually gave the CD to my gardener for his PC :)