1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 overheating

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by GreatEmerald, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Firefly

Firefly United Kingdom is not a country.

Don't use your mouth as the moisture content in your breath can cause the obvious problems.

2. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Firefly, it shouldn't if you don't start the PC immediately, and let it dry, should it? Dust can also be collected with a damp cloth, but again you need to let it dry.
    And blowing dust yourself probably damages you more than the PC if you don't have anything to protect you from the dust. Dust inhalation is quite bad for your health.

3. KillerSkaarj

KillerSkaarj Art for swans is dope!

Wait, that guy wasn't joking when he said to use a hairdryer? Sweet, now I won't have the clean the PC by hand, using napkins and Q-tips.

4. rattyocaster

rattyocaster Up close and personal Sniper

I use either compressed air or a Dyson vacuum cleaner normally combined with a natural hair paint brush. If you use a vacuum with an easily removable waste part, if you do suck up anything you shouldn't, normally you can get it back easily, though if it's an electrical component from a card or board...you might want to complain to the manufacturer, it should've been soldered on properly. I once had to return a PhysX card because as I removed it from my PC (to clean it funnily enough!) it simply FELL OFF!

5. GreatEmerald

GreatEmerald Khnumhotep

Don't use vacuum cleaners for cleaning. They interfere with electrical components and can cause some nasty things, even short circuits. And, of course, vacuuming something in isn't good for the part too.

6. Firefly

I'd rather not take the risk plus I wouldn't have to wait to switch back on. Plus the dust inhalation you mentioned means, generally, it's not a good idea.

7. Firefly

Agreed, cotton buds are the best for heak sinks and fans.