UT3 Jailbreak - Soon!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
Did someone say jailbait?

Well what I didn't like about the video is it really doesn't tell you too much about the mod, lots of quick cuts and shots of stock maps where you're left wondering what exactly you're supposed to be looking at. I've never played Jailbreak, and I still don't have much of a clue what it's about, aside from what the name itself indicates.

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
That's the idea of a teaser trailer. It's to make you want to find out more if you don't already know much about it :p

As to lots of shots of stock maps? You see a few seconds of the Jailbreak Version of Face, that's it, all the other maps are new.

If you look on the Jailbreak website that hal kindly links to in the first post it also explains what the mod is about.

DannyMeister

UT3 Jailbreak Coder
Dec 11, 2002
Bolivar, Missouri
Yep, you did see a quick shot of Suspense. Face and Suspense are the only two conversions from stock UT3 maps that anyone has worked on to-date. If you are familiar with Hazel's CTF-Strand, you might have recognized it as well. Give it a spin, hopefully you'll enjoy how this gametype plays.

Not everyone has to like that teaser, I'm OK with that. :)

We just want throw something out there to those people that have been patiently waiting for Jailbreak.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
2 maps are conversions. there are several original maps in there. screenshots of 8 maps are shown in the video.

Why is this a problem anyway? If a map is well suited to the gameplay, there's no reason not to use it.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
There's not a problem with that. I just didn't get very much information from seeing those shots, because they looked just like the regular stock versions when viewed that quickly. And I understand that I can view the website if I want to learn more about it. The job of a good teaser is to make you want to learn more, I'm not so sure it did that for me but nevertheless I'm sure it's a great mod, good luck with it and maybe it will generate some more interest in the game.