1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 In 3D At SIGGRAPH '08

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Aug 6, 2008.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Epic Games' Mark Rein will appear at SIGGRAPH 2008 next week to co-present Unreal Tournament 3 in stereoscopic 3D alongside Neil Schneider, President & CEO of Meant to be Seen and Danny Bilson, VP of Creative Development for THQ Inc. The press release tells all.

2. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Press Release:

3. BobTheBeheader

BobTheBeheader New Member

Hannah Montana? What the f**k?

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I can imagine every person in the room trying to dodge incomming rockets.

5. Six Ways

Six Ways Third Contingent

Lol, my thought exactly. Seriously though, imagine how awesome it would be to play UT3 in stereographic?

Although of course your PC has to be twice as 1337. Having said that, if you can afford a stereographic projection setup...

6. GG-Xtreme

GG-Xtreme You are a pirate!

Red-blue glasses work fine, and you're supposed to run it at a much lower resolution (800x600 or 640x480) with no AA (trust me, you can't even tell the difference), so many people should be able to do this.

7. WarTourist

WarTourist New Member

It's cool stuff. We had it setup in a conference room and once we calibrated the "split" between the lenses, the effect is amazing.

8. BobTheBeheader

BobTheBeheader New Member

I'd love to see it in person. I'm still contemplating getting 3d glasses for TrackMania, even though I don't like the game. I'll drop everything and go the extra mile to see this.

I remember going to an IMAX movie about the ocean that was shown in stereoscopic. I swear to god I nearly did get stung by that jellyfish.

I wonder how soon until this starts becoming more common.

9. Enterfrize

Enterfrize New Member