1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE3 - UT3 UT3 Editor Exceptions on load up

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Higuy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Higuy

Higuy hi

Hi there, im pretty new to the editor but I've owned UT3 for a while now. I've been messing around in UDK alot, and I wanted to load up the ut3 ed to check out some examples of some work (so I could learn a few things). I went to go load it up, but every single time it crashes with an exception error. The dialog box also says "no disk", but its in there. I also tried just completley reinstalling the game, but still nothing.

Has anyone ever come in contact with this error, or know a way to fix it?

p.s., I'm trying to figure out how to correctly add AI in a single player fashion, or just for a vctf map (been trying to do this in UDK alot, but I'm probably doing something wrong. Also googled for some tutorials on it but didn't come up with much for what I'm looking for)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  2. Odedge

Odedge Keeper of Tutorials

I am not sure if you are trying to load UDK maps into the UT 3 editor or the other way around, but you can't since they use different builds of the editor (plus additional programming).

But you should be able to load UT 3 maps into the editor. Keep in mind that since there are different patches for the game, you should be patched to 2.1?, iirc and also have the Titan pack installed in case the map uses assets from it.

If the map uses a .upk or similar file and you don't have it, that can cause issues loading it up as well.

As for the AI question... are you making an actual SP game or just want to play the map against the bots? Check out this section of my tutorial list for more info.

3. Higuy

Higuy hi

Hi, thanks for responding and for the tutorial! Anyway, it's not when loading a map, its when loading the UT3 editor completley. I can't even get into it to open a ut3 file. However, UDK works fine. I don't think I have the Titan pack, but I am on 2.1.

BTW, on your tutorials, the single player links under the Game Modes dosen't seem to link correctly. Thanks though, that place looks great for answering alot of questions I may have. :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  4. Odedge

Hmmm, are you using the steam version? If you are just trying to load the editor, not having the Titan pack shouldn't make a difference.

Are your computer specs above the minimum just to play the game? Keep in mind the editor will usually require more computer "power" to perform decently.

Thanks for letting me know about the broken links. I couldn't find them, so I will have to unlink them.

5. Higuy

Higuy hi

Nope, I bought the disc like 2 years ago, not steam.

And yeah, my PC spec's are way above minimum, haha. I can play the game at high settings in HD at 60 fps, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

6. Odedge

Odd, could it be a video driver issue? Can you post a screen shot of the error message?

7. Higuy

Higuy hi

Heres a picture of the error.

[​IMG]

8. Odedge

Ummm, that's a very odd error message. My guess is that has nothing to do with the game, but maybe another piece of software (DirectX, Windows update, etc). I don't know if the game/editor requires certain programs to run properly.

Is everything else (Windows, Drivers, etc) up to date?

9. Higuy

Higuy hi

No idea whats its telling me about. And yes, everything is up to date as far as I know.

10. Odedge

Well, if that error message is roughly correct, it's asking for a disk. I can't remember back 3+ years, but I know with the latest patch, you don't need a disk to run UT 3 ( and thus the editor).

You are sure that you are patched to 2.1/patch 5?

11. Higuy

Higuy hi

Yep, and I also had my disk in it already.