1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 DOM Released

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Jun 18, 2008.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

UT3DOM is, at long last, ready for download. Lots of tasty screenshots below!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Caravaggio

Caravaggio Custom User Text goes here.

Not as nostalgic for the old capture mesh as I am for the game itself, but that's cosmetic. Badass maps.

3. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

Sweeeeet dling as soon as i get home cause i run out of space on my flash drive

4. pinnacle

pinnacle New Member

This looks amazing. Awesome job guys. The Cidom shot really brings back memories... :D

5. Miko

Miko Miko No Pants

getting my hands on this. must download faster!

6. zynthetic

zynthetic robot!

omg, FragBU? :)

7. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Jebus O'mighty! Those are some fantastic maps! I always loved the 4-team mayhem of UT DOM. I can't wait to try that again!

+1

8. RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

Just remember folks, that there is a mappack and a bonus pack coming at a tba date, so more maps and 4 new dom gametypes will be coming soon. (Beta Domination, Omega Domination, Point Domination and the new Quad Domination gametype) :)

I'll give you a quick overview of all the gametypes that was planned for UT3DOM, and the new gametype that was *just* finalized about 4 hours ago (Base Mod and Bonus Pack 1):

BASE MOD

Domination is the classic style of Domination. It plays just like it did in UTGOTY. It uses the CDOM and DOM extension.

Double Domination is the UT200X style of Domination. It plays like it did in UT2004. It uses the DDOM and DOM extension.

Vehicluar Domination is the classic style of Domination with vehicles. It plays just like it did in the original UT. It uses the VDOM and DOM extension.

Vehicular Double Domination is the UT200X style of Domination with vehicles. It plays like it did in UT2004. It uses the VDDOM and DOM extension.

BONUS PACK 1

Omega Domination is Assault meets Domination. What happens in Omega Domination is each team is placed with either the exact same, similar or a different objective, and the quickest team to finish the objective get's to go into the domination point. The points are stacked up for the team by 1 point every 5 seconds. They keep collecting points until the other team completes the objective, and then the team who kills the other team to conquer the domination node, they spawn in the area of the domination node, and the team that got killed has to do the objective all over again. Once that team reaches the goal of X number of points (defined by the mapper), that team wins that match. It uses the ODOM and DOM extension.

Point Domination is four bases scattered anywhere the mapper wants them to be. For 1 base conquered, you get 2 points every 10 seconds, and it keeps multiplying by two by more nodes that you conquer. Once you have all of the four bases conquered, you have a ten second countdown, and if you succeed, you get 50 points. The average score of Point Domination is 150-3500 points. So in short form, it's like a twist to the Domination gametype. It uses the PDOM and DOM extension.

Beta Domination is like Domination, but there are no teams. It's a free-for-all Domination gametype. It uses the BDOM and DOM extension.

BONUS PACK 2

Triple Domination Plays like classic domination in all respects. The difference is, the moment a team is in control of all 3 points a 5 second countdown begins. For every second after that countdown the dominating team receives an increasing number of points. What i mean is, for every second, the amount of points received goes up. So for the first second of dominating the 3 control points, the team receives 2 points, the next second they receive 4, the next 8, then 16, 32 64 128 etc. This forces the losing team to grab a point FAST! It uses the TDOM and DOM extension.

Quad Domination is a mix of Classic and Double Domination into one gametype. Each team has two domination points in one area that they take over, and so they can go onto the next set of domination points. 2-4 teams can be used for this gametype, as all other UT3DOM gametypes. For the doubledom points taken over, the team gets 2 points per 5 seconds, and once the more double points they capture, it adds 5 more points they collect. Once all 4-8 points have been taken over by one team, the round ends, giving the team 100 points. After 5 seconds, a new round starts, where they go back and start all over again. It uses the QDOM and DOM extension.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  9. keaukrine

keaukrine New Member

Great! Gotta download it.

10. DarkSonny

DarkSonny Beware!

:tup:

OMG! the classic ut dom is coming back, xd thanks Ronin for this great mod
    Only have to appear too another well-know mods like Jailbreak or UTchaos they rocks too.

Cidom bring back to my head great memories lol xd xd

PD: anybody knows if Jailbreak is in the works I dont know of them since the creator posted in this forum a topic for choose the name for this gametype.

PD: Ronin how many maps will content in that misterious bonus pack?

11. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

those are some pretty sexy concepts!

You could add another one (just a quickie):
    Triple domination (Or not, pick something else lol)
    Has 3 control points. Plays like classic domination in all respects. The difference is, the moment a team is in control of all 3 points a 5 second countdown begins. For every second after that countdown the dominating team recieves an increasing number of points. What i mean is, for every second, the amount of points recieved goes up. So for the first second of dominating the 3 control points, the team recieves 2 points, the next second they recieve 4, the next 8, then 16, 32 64 128 etc. This forces the losing team to grab a point FAST!

So it is a bit like DDOM and CDOM at the same time. It would be played on any dom map that has 3 control points. (i think that covers CDOM only.......)

anyways, downloading now! :D OMG have my babies: 4 team support!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2008
  12. RoninMastaFX

RoninMastaFX Unreal/UT Vet from Day 1

I like it...It's added. :)

And I'm glad you love my UT3DOM. :)

13. TheIronKnuckle

you serious! lol, wow....... thanks

14. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

is there so much traffic right now or why am i getting error messages everytime i'm trying to access the site? :(

15. TheSpoonDog

TheSpoonDog CBP3! Yarrr!

Yea I can't get it either... *claws at screen*

16. Draco73

Draco73 New Member

pure sexy...pure sexy...lol

thank you so much on such an incredible mod, dom was always one of my fav game types and it feels damn good to be at it again :)

17. TheIronKnuckle

phew.... i managed to get in before the server overload..... Hope you guys can play the awsome soon!

18. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

ah, finally! download's running, 3 minutes to go :)

19. daloonie

daloonie sex boobs nude

Awww sheepknuckles will downloa when I get home. Looks great :)

20. Poker

Poker Anus Retentus

So if you run Patch 1.3 beta, you're basically screwed? What's the outlook for this situation?

Aside from this, class job, from what I can tell.