1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 custom resolutions

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by sinus, May 23, 2009.

1. sinus

sinus New Member

UT3 + Titan Pack + Patch 2.1
    I want to set resolution to 1024x600
    Have changed resX= resY= settings in: /documents/my games/unreal tournament 3/UTgame/config/UTengine.ini and UTcompat.ini and made them "read only".
    Have changed resX= resY= settings in: /game path/engine/config/BaseEngine.ini and /game path/UTgame/config/DeafultCompat.ini these are "read only" too.
    The game starts in 800x600. What is wrong?? :doh:

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Make sure the game starts in window mode, otherwise it might detect an incorrect fullscreen resolution and select the closest resolution available - which in this case seems to be 800x600.

3. sinus

sinus New Member

I tried windowed mode and it worked.
    But it is slow and has window borders.
    All i want is to raise fps, but this way i loose some.
    Thank you for the reply anyway.
    P.S. Is there a way to get around those "incorrect fullscreen resolution checks" ?

4. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

Use one of the resolutions you can select or just try lowering the screen percentage in the advanced options.

5. sinus

sinus New Member

Looks like you know the game well, so here is another question: how to make dead bodies and gibs last longer?
    I tried changing UTengine.ini - [Engine.Engine] - TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects= and UTgame.ini - [Engine.DecalManager] - DecalLifeSpan= ,but did not notice any difference. Whats your advise?