1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Alt+Tab to check something, then can not get back into game

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by horizon, Feb 16, 2009.

1. horizon

horizon New Member

i use alt+tab to check something else on my computer. that button combo minimized the current fullscreen UT3. when i click on UT3 on my taskbar to bring it back to fullscreen (like every other fullscreen app. i have used), it will not come back up at all. that forces me to close UT3 and play it only when there is nothing else going on. UT3 does this no matter what other progs. are running.
    some basic info below.

[os] ￾VY 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1
    [cpu] 4 Intel @ 2398.22 MHz Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
    [memory] 386/2048mb [18.85%] [III-----------------]
    [display] ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series card(s), Generic PnP Monitor 1152x864x32bpp - 85Hz monitor
    [bios] _ASUS_ - 20080623

2. Kaleena

Kaleena Unregistered User

Are you sure it doesn't come back up at all or just takes a hell lot of time? For me it might take 1 minutes or 2.

3. horizon

horizon New Member

i've waited many minutes, still nothing.

4. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

What OS are you running?

5. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

if you need to alt+tab so much run it in a window?

6. Kaleena

Kaleena Unregistered User

I've noticed that different graphic cards and different drivers provide different alt-tab results. You could try a different driver version on your rig (older or more up to date), but I remember alt+tab sh*tting on me on most of my games back when I had my ATI HD3850. With my 8800GTS 512 I rarely have alt-tab issues (only on a few games and they usually appear/disappear randomly as I update my gpu drivers).

But if you need alt-tab that much, yeah window mode might be a solution (dunno if there's a no-border option in UT3 though). In L4D the no-border window mode is amazing : it's full screen, but pressing the windows key shows the taskbar and alt-tabbing is crazy fast.

7. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

I don't use that personally, i run windowed, but there are several people that that has worked for.