1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 + Ageia "PhysX" . Does Crysis have it too?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by neilthecellist, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Phopojijo

Phopojijo A Loose Screw

It's not a GPU/CPU hybrid, no -- but they're steps in that direction.

That point was "Here's the exit" not "We're here!" :)

2. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Ok, all your info was helpful, thanks. I'll remember to invest in the most latest video card the next time I decide to upgrade. It seems that upgrading to the "just under the best latest video card" isn't such a good idea after all.

I patched Crysis, got Riva Tuner (overclocked my core/memory speed on the GPU by +50/+50), got ClockGen (overclocked my CPU speed by 200 mhz) and I can run the game on full details except Object Quality (which for some reason is the same as Draw Distance... CryTek Inc. apparently didn't want to create a separate setting for Draw Distance). It seems that setting Object Quality from Medium to Low gives me a +40 fps increase. (I swear, not joking, if anyone wants to see, I can post the GPUBenchmark.exe and CPUBenchmark.exe results from Crysis)

3. Goldfenix

Goldfenix yus

any idea on when this CUDA software will be ready?

4. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

Only geeks want that.
    The rest of us prefer a system with minimum risk of incompatibilities and that's easy to use.

Besides ... Epic had announced several physx-capable third party components (Novodex being one of them).
    The only real advantage that Ageia had/has is that it was the only one with dedicated hardware-support.
    // ---