1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote5x : Some maps not in vote list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paraglandeur, Jul 27, 2005.

1. paraglandeur

paraglandeur New Member

Hi all
    I'm a french ut2k4 admin server
    My server is runing on a Linux RedHat9
    Some maps are missing in the vote list :(

- bMinMaxMaps is set to False so this is not the problem

Same if a add them manually int the [UT2Vote51.UT2VoteNewMaps] section

If i add them in the UT2004.ini, in the [Default DM MaplistRecord], i can switch to these maps via WebAdmin, and every thing work fine.

Any idea of the problem ???

Note : on WinXP, i can launch a server, choose the game type, and i correctely see ALL maps.

2. paraglandeur

paraglandeur New Member

Found the reason

I auto-answer :)
    The reason is the number of maps. It seems you can't exceed 254 maps. And i was in this case. So i delete some maps, and hidden maps reappear.

Feature request : is it possible to allow more than 254 maps for a GameType?

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

No it is not a feasible idea to allow more than 254 maps.
    Itr takes up far to much code and we will loose Whitelisting status if we go above 600k and increasing the number of maps to 511 which is the next step will take the code to around 700k.

4. the_end

the_end New Member

254 maps!??!!? Who in the hell would want an ungodly number of maps like that, let alone 511?!?!? I bet that 65% of them would never even be played!!! It would just make looking for a good map in the list take a lot longer!

5. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

You can always use the 'top maps' or 'new maps' button to narrow your search/browsing.