UT2Vote59

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I am getting a lot of reports in 5.8 that ghost maps are appearing in the Top Maps and New Maps menus when these maps are not on the servers.
I know what this is and what causes it as we've had it before.
It is a compiling problem which 'mirrors' the maps in my folder to the 'defaultproperties' so I have had to redo it so we gonna have to release 5.9
Anway I'll get it out this weekend.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I dont think so.
Basically when one compilea a mutator, there must be no .ini file in the system folder else it takes all the stuff you have in that ini file and adds it to te appropriate deafultproperties as the default maps or whatever it may be.
In UT2Vote58's case I forgot to remove the UT2Vote58.ini file when I did the final compile.
To see the problem, remove your UT2Vote58.ini file and start the server.
Now when you look from the clientside at the Top10Menu or the NewMapsMenu you will see the ghost maps there that are not one your server.
If you now vote for one of these maps you could crash to the desktop with a GPF :(

Last edited: