1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote52B1

Discussion in 'Dev Team' started by ProAsm, Dec 29, 2005.

1. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Just a quick popin :)
    Happy new year to all and many thanks for that great test.
    Btw, the Admin messages to a seperate file has been changed back to what it was in the UT2Vote ini file as it cause a serious compiling problem that I overlooked.
    Looks like this new BH will work ok.

2. PoW

PoW New Member

Regarding my server crash prob ......

Below are my ini settings which I usually use if I am not testing. Maybe there is sometihng which does not work with patch 3355 and 3369 ????

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteConfigs]
    VoteAdminPass=
    ClanAdminPass=
    GamePassword=
    DefaultGame=XGame.xDeathMatch
    DefServerName=JustForFun
    ServerMuts=
    ServerLine=
    bAllowArena=False
    bAllowMuts=False
    bAllowKick=False
    bAllowGames=False
    bNoVotePopup=False
    bDoGamePopup=False
    bColorSkins=False
    MesgTypeTime=60
    MaxPlayersIsp=32
    bAllowBehind=False
    bShowBotsKick=False
    bVoteWhenDead=False
    bWebadmin=True
    bArenaAlone=False
    bMutAlone=False
    bNoRestart=True
    bHideNames=False
    bAlwaysKick=False
    bAltSwitch=True
    bMinMaxMaps=True
    bDisAllVoting=False
    bDisServAdmin=False
    bDisOpinion=False
    bDisAdminMesg=False
    bClanServName=True
    bDisDemoRec=True
    bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=True
    bSwitchDefMap=False
    bUseRandomMap=True
    bUseUniqueID=False
    bArena=False
    bArenaAST=False
    bArenaBIO=False
    bArenaFLK=False
    bArenaLNK=False
    bArenaMIN=False
    bArenaRED=False
    bArenaROC=False
    bArenaSHK=False
    bArenaLIT=False
    bArenaAVR=False
    bArenaGRN=False
    bArenaMLY=False
    bArenaSNP=False
    LevelEndTime=0
    Nounce=0

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteVoting]
    bChangeVote=True
    VoteMinTime=30
    VoteMaxTime=90
    VoteStepTime=7
    VoteIdleTime=15
    GameVoteTime=10
    VotePercent=51
    GameVoteLimit=3

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteIniOnly]
    bSortOpinion=True
    bDisplayRec=True
    bCheckMaps=False
    bDisMapCon=False
    bAdminAtEnd=False
    bUseGameName=True
    bDetectUTComp=True
    bSortMutsList=True
    bSortGameList=False
    bNoClientWarn=False
    bNoPlayerMute=False
    bMapCheckSpecs=False
    bClanAdminExtra=True
    bUseChatIcons=True
    BanMinLevs=0
    BanMaxLevs=99
    DefaultSwitch=0
    MapListSort=0
    WaitForLevel=90

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=5,ServerName="JustForFun",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="DM-Rankin",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=12?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=3?GameStats=True?GameSpeed=1.10?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Double Domination",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DOM-Core",MapPrefix="DOM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xDoubleDom",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Bombing Run",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="BR-Anubis",MapPrefix="BR",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=15?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Invasion",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="SkaarjPack.Invasion",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=1?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=True?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Mutant",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="BonusPack.xMutantGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Last Man Standing",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=0,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="BonusPack.xLastManStandingGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=30?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Assault",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="AS-Convoy",MapPrefix="AS",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="UT2k4Assault.ASGameInfo",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="Onslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")
    GameType=(GameName="InstaGib CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.InstagibCTF",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")
    GameType=(GameName="Vehicle CTF",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="None",MapPrefix="VCTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="XGame.xVehicleCTFGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteMutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Berserk Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBerserk",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Big Head",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBigHead",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Camouflage combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutCrateCombo",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Classic Sniper",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUseSniper",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Fast Weapon Switch",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutInstaGib",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Low Gravity",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Adrenaline",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Score Limit",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteZeroScore",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Superweapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Onslaught Weapons",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Onslaught.MutOnslaughtWeapons",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Pint-sized combo",HideVote=False,MutClassName="Bonuspack.MutPintSizeCombo",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Quad Jump",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutQuadJump",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Regeneration",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutRegen",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Slow Motion Corpses",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutSlomoDeath",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="UT Classic",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UTClassic.MutUTClassic",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Vampire",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutVampire",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Zoom InstaGib",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="Whatever.MutWhatever",ServerPackages="Whatever,Whatnext")

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteMapCheck]
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Contact2K3",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=10)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-DemonStar2k4",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=10)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-[xcep]betaFunnel_Dual",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=10)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-[xcep]betaFunnel",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Lego",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-Gael",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1Caveman",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Alpu3",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Kenshin2004",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=10)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Ankh",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=8)
    CheckMap=(MapName="DM-1on1-Oblivion2k4",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=6)

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteNewMaps]
    NewMap=(MapName="DM-Whatever")

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteGameSwitch]
    SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=False)
    SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=2,ClassName="XGame.xTeamGame",DoSwitch=False)

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteKickBan]

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteMapInfo]
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Asbestos",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Compressed",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Flux2",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Gestalt",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Inferno",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Leviathan",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Oceanic",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Rustatorium",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-TokaraForest",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Junkyard",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-IronDeity",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")
    RejectMap=(MapName="DM-Phobos2",GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch")

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteMapsVoted]
    VotedMap=(Opinion=1,Voted=1,Map="DM-Antalus")

[UT2Vote52B2.UT2VoteClanSetup]

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The only slightest thing it could be is the Chatlog as that does use quite abit of CPU time otherwise everything looks great.
    Try running it with bChatLog=False and bNoPlayerMute=True
    Those are the only items I can think of.
    If you remove UT2Vote does it ever crash also ?

4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

UT2Vote52 Beta 3

Ok lots of updates and fixes.

BroadcastHandler
    Finalised the modifications to this class for overall compatibility.

Search Zound BH
    If a Zound previous version is running, UT2vote will now take care of its BroadcastHandler.

Admin Messages
    This has now been transfered to a UT2VoteAdminLog.log in the Userlogs folder.
    The Logfile is so designed as to only open when the 1st message is sent.
    This allows an Admin to download the log if its not open yet.

Chatlog
    Extended the Nickname to a allowable 20 characters instead of the current 16 in the Chatlog.

bDisAdminMesg
    This has now been replaced with a variable AdminMessages which is now also Menu configurable to set the number of Admin messages a player can type.
    If this is set to 0 (zero) this feature will be disabled.

AdmMesg Button
    This currently is shared with the Opinion Button of which needed to be used first.
    The AdmMesg button is now on its own together with the Opinion button allowing a player to choose.
    The Spectate button has moved to the QuitGame button, which inturn is now in the About menu.
    The Spectate button now also doubles up as Logout button should the Admin access the menu.

Chatlog
    Like the AdminLog, the Chatlog now also only opens when the 1st person says something, this again allows for easier download for a remote Admin.

Detect ServerBots2
    UT2Vote will now detect if ServerBots2 is being used and take whatever precautionary steps it needs, like not loading them into a DuelGame or a ClanMatch etc.
    The ServerBots can now also be Muted or Kicked from UT2Vote52B3 and ServerBots2 Beta 3.

http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/ut2v52b3.zip

;)

5. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Regarding the opening of the Chatlog in Beta 3, I see its still opening at the start of a level.
    This has now been corrected in Beta 4.

6. PoW

PoW New Member

bDisAdminMesg

working fine

AdmMesg Button

working fine

Regarding the UT2004 log ...
    It seems that there are no longer the warnings. But I found some in the server.log!

I have just tested something and therefore I logged in as server admin (not UT2VoteAdmin) directly after I entered the server. I have restarted the map and after that the server hangs up during level switch. It looks like the server crashed but after a short time it runs further and I found this in the log file:

Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.Mutate:0195) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.CheckAccess:006F) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.CheckAccess:006F) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.LoadPlayerNames:00DC) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.Mutate:0195) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    ScriptLog: Fliegenklatsche logged in as Admin.
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.Mutate:0166) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.LoadPlayerNames:00DC) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)
    Error: UT2VoteX DM-Insidious.UT2VoteX (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX.Mutate:0166) Accessed array 'AdminLoginID' out of bounds (25232/51)

Maybe I was too quick with the login but this is the first time I see this error.
    I know it should be better to log in as VoteAdmin but I prefer the server admin.

7. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

Doh! Gameservers.net redirect is full! People will have to tough out a slow download of the new beta on my servers..

8. sh0V3l

sh0V3l New Member

man that sucks hope they add some space
    btw i have been moving again so i barely have time to check the forums havent fragged for a week let alone done anything with my server sorry about the lack of input latley

9. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

np shov3l :)
    Pow, does it have those warnings on ather maps as well as I've never seen those, like the first one in the Mutate function, that one is like ultra impossible as the Mutate function is 100% a string function and cannot throw a warning or error even if I tried :)

Basically in UT2Vote, although Epic say the maximum players allowed is 32, I set all my variables to a maximum of 50.
    Now you are already overclocking the variable, hence the 'out of bounds' error you get.
    Now if you look at the first one, you are already 25232/51 - that means you have logged on as Admin 25232-50 = 25182 times :)

10. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

hmm, i chatted with wormbo some weeks ago about this and that... and we diskussed a probleme he has in his tournament, as it is a gametype. a probleme, we also have: custom-gametypes won't make it to epics online stats... He thought, it might work, if the gametypes start with XGame.something. Could that be a way to get our gametypes in the epic-stats?

and a little probleme i have with serverdemos (last checked with 4.9 but always forgot to mention): Clients must have the gameclass to play them. I never found that one, as of course i have those gametypes, but as they are serverside, other guys, who download those serverdemos, don't have them... I guess, this was never the case with older versions.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  11. PoW

PoW New Member

No, it was really the first time it happens and I have seen it. As I said I entered the server and immediatly after that I logged in as ServerAdmin and restarted the map. Then during level switch I have the black screen with the map URL and it hung and I thought its crash but after a few time it runs further.

After one hour I want to enter the server again and then it was really crashed. I have had a look at the log and it was the same error as described above.

I think I was too quick with the loggin as admin after entering. If it happens again I will tell it here.

12. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

hmm, do not kill me, but i still have that idea with the savable clanmatch-setups in mind and after another talk with wormbo (ouch ouch...) he gave me the link to LADDER for ut2003 which i'm shure you'll know. Maybe that one might give us some input? I know it is for webadmin, but mentioning this, wormbo said, that ut2vote has such deep modifications, that it should work in a similar way... (It should also be possible with this, to load configs from another web-server, which would be the end of my dreams :D )

http://www.organized-evolution.com/Ladder/

download-links here (ConfigManager and Ladder):

http://downloads.unrealadmin.org/UT2003/Admin/

i'm ready to test everything you try with this, and i hope, it's not an "impossible" again ;)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  13. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yes, this used to help in UT2003 but in UT2004 it does not.
    In UT2004 they do not allow you to use thes same as the game, like XGame for instance.
    It does allow the second part and maybe you can try that and see if if it works.
    Make a game called XGame2.xCTFGame and see what happens.

Regarding the serverdemos, this has always been the case from UT99 where the client needs axactly what the server has.
    It's for this reason I get quite a few emails asking for my Duelgame as the demos taken with it wont play without it.

Its not that things are "impossible", its mainly that I'm scared of messing up a good stable well functioning mod.
    Everytime someone adds major big changes you create HUGE bugs and then you need several new releases to fix them again.
    When you add something especially into UT2Vote which is a HUGE mod, all these things have to be "stitched" into place and this is where the wheels fall off.
    Also UT2Vote is currently sitting on the edge of the required size allowed for Whitelisting.
    You may see the size as 510k but its actual size is 1.2 megs and at every release I sit here removing unecessary code, dumping small stuff that the chances are small of anyone noticing etc to get the size down below 600k.
    Adding what you asking will swell us way over and we loose our white listing.
    I may be able to add one last save or one default issue - I'll see :)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  14. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

if the size is the probleme, how about a ut2voteXXL not whitelisted? ut2004 is out now for mor than a year, who cares about that damn whitelist?

Thanks for at least trying it again ;)

15. Assraker

Assraker New Member

More test results.
    This should give us a good baseline to determine if we still have an issue with the chat logging.

Constant Variables for all tests (unless otherwise stated):
    Vanilla server, UT2Vote52B3 only.
    Gametype: DM

Test #1

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=False
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=False
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=True

Results: All features work best I can tell. Admin messaging works, saving all messages from

all maps to one file in the UserLogs folder of the UT2004 directory. The messages are

not in duplicate.

Test #2

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=False
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=False
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=False

Results: Same as the above test.

Test #3

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=False
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=False

Results: Admin messaging works the same as in the previous test. Chat logging works, logging

all chat from multiple maps to one log. Chat is not duplicated as in previous beta

versions.

Test #4

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=True
    bUseChatIDs=False
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=False

Results: Chat logging works flawlessly, producing a log for each map. Admin messaging works

as well, but all messages from multiple maps are saved in one log, by design I assume. I have

no problem with it though. Again, there is no duplicate logging as in previous betas.

Test #5

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=True
    bUseChatIDs=True
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=False

Results: All chat & Admin messaging functions wrok as they should. No deviation from what is

expected.

Test #6

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=True
    bUseChatIDs=True
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=True

Results: All logging features work as they should. However, I was not able to test the mute function on a player, for I had nobody to test it on.

Test #6
    Note: This test was conducted in ALL gametypes.
    UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=True
    bUseChatIDs=True
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=True

Results: All logging functions work in all gametypes.

The next set of tests I shall do will be with UT2Vote & UAdminMod95b. Results will be posted later.

16. frogger187

frogger187 eat. sleep. frag.

my logging is working great with uadminmod.. i'm using zound's chat logging fwiw

i do have a late feature request.. may have been proposed before..but it would be really nice to be able to make/adjust/use, not use map lists from the ingame menu. Interface much like webadmin where you can add/remove maps from rotation. Multiple lists per gametype would be awesome, but even being able to adjust one per gametype would be very useful. Just an idea..not sure if feasible or easy.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2006
  17. Assraker

Assraker New Member

I just completed testing with UT2Vote52B3 & UAdminMod95b.

UT2Vote Settings:

bUseChatLog=True
    bUseChatMap=True
    bUseChatIDs=True
    AdminMessages=3
    bNoPlayerMute=True

I'm seeing a crapload of "Accessed None" spammed in the server log when I login as admin. It appears to stop showing the warnings when I logout as admin. Below is a partial log.
    Code:
    ScriptLog: New Player HTMIAssraker id=fb09b47bcff553fefe12d8b4eeb8f23c
    ScriptLog: START MATCH
    ScriptLog: HTMIAssraker logged in as admin.
    Warning: UT2VoteBHandler DM-Rankin.UT2VoteBHandler (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteBHandler.BroadcastText:000A) Accessed None 'SenderPRI'
    Warning: UT2VoteBHandler DM-Rankin.UT2VoteBHandler (Function UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteBHandler.BroadcastText:000A) Accessed None 'SenderPRI'
    ScriptLog: HTMIAssraker logged out.
    Log: Opening user log ..\UserLogs\UT2VoteAdminLog.log
    ScriptLog: HTMIAssraker logged in as admin.
    UT2Vote: 16:18:40 - ServerSwitchLevel - ClientMap = DM-1on1-Spirit | CommandLine = DM-1on1-Spirit?Game=XGame.xDeathMatch?Mutator=UT2Vote52B3.UT2VoteX,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=16?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1?GamePassword=devtest
    ScriptLog: PreClientTravel
    Log: Server switch level: 

Is there another specific test I can do to help narrow this down?

18. Assraker

Assraker New Member

I forgot to mention it, but the logging worked as it should in the above test, including the admin messaging.

19. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Naw theres not much you can do here nor can I as even if the SenderPRI is None, many other mods needs to know that its None and if I go and reject the 'Nones', someone is bound to bitch that UT2Vote rejects the message Senders... blah blah blah....
    Just Suppress all your warnings its much easier.

20. Assraker

Assraker New Member

No problem. I always suppress the warnings unless I am beta testing.