UT2Vote52

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
** Edit **
Frogger or Assraker, please do the honors and use this release notice or make your own - basically this is yours anyway :)
http://www.proasm.com/files/beta/utvchanges.zip
if you want to add the logo like you did once its here:
http://www.proasm.com/images/ut2vlogo2.jpg
(Website is up)

Name: UT2Vote
Version: 5.2
Compatibility: 3369+/-
Description: A Voting mutator for UT2004
Comments: Over 50 Games can be configured and over 50 odd Mutators. Clan Match and Warmup options also available with Game Setup options. Extensive Admin options also available to configure each Game seperately.
Credits: ProAsm & Team - Socke,PoW,Imaginos,frogger,sh0V3L,hmishima,Mephisto,tuco,CvRoy,Nikki,De$tiNy,Assraker,Yakomo

Changes and Fixes in UT2Vote52

BroadcastHandler
Thanks to EL Muerte for spotting the problem, the UT2Vote BH has been updated.

bDisAdminMesg
This option has been removed and replaced with:
AdminMessages=3
This is the total number of messages a player can send the Admin from the MapMenu.
AdminMessages=0 will disable the option.
This option has also been added to the AdminMenu.
All Admin Messages will be stored in the UT2VoteAdminLog.log in the Userlogs folder.

AdmMesg Button
The Admin Messages now has its own display in the Map Menu with a seperate button and no longer dependant on the Map Opinion.

GameQuit button
This has been moved to the About Menu except at game end, then the About button becomes the GameQuit button.

Chatlog
The actual Chatlog will now only open on the first message.
This helps reduce lag a bit.

Chat nickname
The nickname in the Chatlog has been extended from 16 to 20 characters.

bNoCenterMesg
When set to True, Players will not receive UT2Vote messages in the center of the screen during a game.
This was added as players complained the message hid the crosshair.

Clan Maplist
The bug with the ClanMaplist not displaying when a ClanSetup is called has been fixed.

Clan Setup Save
There is now an option for the Admin to save the complete Clan Setup as a 'Default' for future games and can just call the last Setup with the "Load Default Setup" button.

Clan BotPractice
When using this option it is now possible to use the PlayersMustBeReady option with the Bots.

End Match
Fixed the problem when the End Match button was clicked during a Clan Match.

Map Prefixes
The bug with the incorrect map prefixes being displayed when a new game is voted has been fixed.

Map Number
If the AltMapPrefix= is set to the same Prefix as the standard MapPrefix= then the game will hold up to 500 maps.
If this is blank or has another prefix then there will be a maximum of 250 maps for each prefix.

UAdmin
Fixed the problem when a Admin does a "Silent Login" with UAdmin and it does not display as such.

Player Banning
It is now possible to ban a Player even if he has left the server.
The Players nickname will appear in the list below a heading:
--- Players already left ---

NewMapButnText=
This is for Admin option to change the text on the NewMaps button in the MapMenu.
The information in the [UT2Vote52.UT2VoteNewMaps] can then be tailored for other purposes.

NewMapMenuText=
When the NewMaps button above is clicked, this information will display on the menu heading.

AirControl
Should an Admin wish to change a games AirControl then just add the option in the GameType string.
?AirControl=0.35 (default)

UT2Vote Website: http://www.proasm.com
UT2Vote52 Download: http://www.proasm.com/files/UT2Vote52.zip
UT2Vote Team Support Forum: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=501

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Just something I want you guys to keep a look out for.
This has happened to me quite a few times now but I cannot put a lid on it.

Last thing at night when your server is finally empty, logon to it and vote for a map, any map except your DefaultMap.
Play around with the Bot for about a minute or 2 then quit.

Now keep an eye on your server from the Browser (I watch it by continiously refreshing UT4Monitor)
The Bots will be playing and after 3 minutes (DefaultSwitch=3) the server will switch to the DefaultMap.
Sometimes when its busy switching.... CRASH!
It crashes on this "Path not found" error that I see several Admins complaining about.
Now over time I have tried running my Test server without UT2Vote and have not seen it do this as I dont know how to get it to do it as I've seen Admins complain about it on Atari that dont use UT2Vote at all.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems to do it more when using UT2Vote and it ONLY seems to happen when the server is switching to the DefaultMap.
Coincidence maybe ?

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
my servers are all on serverdoc..so if it crashes on this switch it will restart..

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yeah frogger, my server also restarts thats why you have to keep an eye out for it.
Download the ServerCrash.log more often if you have one as that will tell you.

Socke no, what happens is when your server first starts up, it loads the UT2004.ini file, and reads the paths found in the [Core.System] into memory which is used for the game - for instance "Paths=../System/*.u"

Now what seems to happen is the memory gets corrupted (guessing) and it looses the paths where all the .u files are kept.
The server will now crash.

If you now look at the bottom of the ServerCrash.log you will see something like:
Critical: Path Modes::path not found (something like that)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
Super_Sonic said:
is it possible to have more than 2 dam prefices under the same game type? e.g for invasion i want to show dm,ctf,ons and br maps

I believe you can only add one AltMapPrefix....?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The only possible way of doing this now is to restrict the total number of maps for each game.
For instance, using both map prefixes atm you can have 500 maps.
If for instance an Admin wants more prefixes, then this will eat into the number of AltMapPrefixes.
For instance, there will always be 250 normal MapPrefix= maps.
If an Admin wants 3 additional types like AltMapPrefix=CTF,BR,ONS then the 250 maps allowed for the AltMapPrefix will be devided by 3, thus 83 maps for each AltMapPrefix, 62 each for 4 prefixes and so on.

Opinions ?

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The Reject Button is now only available to the Admin at GameEnd and not during a Clanmatch - only time I could fit it in.

Code:
    if ((IsAdmin) && (bGameEnded) && (!bClanMatch))
       {
       Controls[17].bVisible = true;         // reject
       ButQuit.Caption = "QuitGame";
       ButReject.Caption = "Reject";
       }