UT2Vote51B2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote51 Beta 2

There are several changes here that need thorough testing.

1. Remove Mutator
Fixed where it was not possible to doubleclick on the vote tally screen to remove a Mutator.

2. Remove AllMutators
Fixed where it was not possible to doubleclick on the vote tally screen to remove a AllMutators.

3. Clear AllArena
Fixed where it was not possible to doubleclick on the vote tally screen to Clear all Arenas.

4. Link Arena
Fixed where it was not possible to doubleclick on the vote tally screen to Vote for a Link Arena.

5. DoUpLink
Like Zound, UT2Vote now has an AutoDetect function which looks to see if the Admin has DoUpLink=False.
If this is the case then bUseUniqueIDs automatically gets set to False internally.

6. BroadcastHandler
A temporary or maybe permanent bNewBCHandler= (defaulted True) has been added to the IniOnly section.
If True then UT2Vote will switch to the new style BroadcastHandler and if that fails or other mods have not also used this option then UT2Vote will automatically revert back to the old style BroadcastHandler as in UT2Vote50.
However if this is set to False then only the old style BroadcastHandler will be used like in UT2Vote50.
NB... For the BroadcastHandler to work correctly, then bNoPlayerMute=False must be set as such.

Section 1 to 4 can be tested with 2 or more players.
Section 5 can be tested while voting with 2 or more players using the same CD-Key and DoUplink=False.
Section 6 needs some serious testing especially with the chatloggings in UT2Vote, ServerExt and UAdmin and any other mod that uses a form of chatting, advertising or whatever.

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/beta/ut2v51b2.zip

;)

PoW, if that URL does not work for you try direct off my PC:
http://proasm.gotdns.com/files/ut2v51b2.zip

Last edited:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
1. Remove Mutator
I have tested in in all combinations which are possible, I hope. It is working.

2. Remove AllMutators
working

3. Clear AllArena
working

4. Link Arena
working

5. DoUpLink
Sorry but I dont know if I understand this correct. I have set DoUpLink=False in the UT2004.ini, have started the server but in the UT2Vote50B2.ini there is bUseUniqueIDs=True.

6. BroadcastHandler
Could this please tested by somebody who has experience with these mods?

I have noticed something more with the mutators and arenas:

1. I dont know if it is coincidence or not ....
In one combination between a mutator and an arena (unfortunately I dont know which combination it was), the arena was also removed as soon as the mutator has been removed. One player marked the mutator in the mutator menu to remove it, clicked on the submit button, the other player confirmed it in the tally display by doubleclicking, the server restarted the map and then both, mutator and arena, were removed.
As I said I dont know if it was coincidence because afterwards I was not able to repeat this.

2. In the mutator menu it seems that there is another mistake. If I open it the first time I am not able to mark the mutators between NoScoreLimit and Regeneration (incl. both). Not until I mark a mutator before NoScoreLimit or after Regeneration then I can also mark the mutators between them.

P.S.: The information about which section could be tested with how many player and how it could be tested is very helpful and it is a great idea to add it :) Thanks Ben!

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
serious issues with the new broadcast handler. No servermuts would load. Server crashed when switching to default map as it tries to load the muts. It didn't seem to detect an issue. I set bNewBCHandler=False and all issues went away and it acted as it should.

Code:
ServerMuts=WaitLimit.MutWaitLimit,UTExtra14B4.UTExtra,Kamikaze.MutKamikazeCombo,DemoRecord41.DemoRecord,UAdminModV095b.UAdminMod,zound51.zound,UT2k3Style.MutUT2k3Style,UTClassic.MutUseLightning,PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation,bN_RealUtils_v17rc8c.bN_RPMutator
ServerLine=?AccessControl=UAdminModV095b.UAMAccessControlIni

Code:
ScriptLog: Mutators UT2Vote51B2.UT2VoteX
UT2Vote: 14:59:27 <-------------------- Starting UT2Vote51B2 -------------------->
ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging True
ScriptLog: MasterServerGameStats initializing
UTAN: =================================================================
UTAN:  UTAN Ban Manager
UTAN:  Version: 101
UTAN:  Coded By Cruicky, Copyright UTAN 2004-2005
UTAN:  Ban Database Contains 422 Records
WebAdmin: Loading Available Maps
WebAdmin: Loading Game Types
Warning: Missing StrProperty StrProperty XInterface.GUITitleBar.Caption
Log: Weapon exported successfully: AngelFire.SpyDartGun
Log: Mutator exported successfully: AngelFire.AngelFire
Log: Weapon exported successfully: AngelFire.BabyNuke
Log: Weapon exported successfully: AngelFire.Traydja
Log: Weapon exported successfully: AngelFire.OMFG
Log: Weapon exported successfully: AngelFire.HolyCross
WebAdmin: XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 28903
ScriptLog: UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Log: Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Defaulting to false
Log: Resolving ut2004master1.epicgames.com...
NetComeGo: Open myLevel 04/19/05 14:59:33 213.130.110.194:2481
Log: MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2004master1.epicgames.com as 207.135.145.6.
Log: Resolved master0.gamespy.com (207.38.8.34)
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Master Server is master0.gamespy.com:27900
ScriptLog: UdpGameSpyUplink: Port 7788 successfully bound.
Log: MasterServerUplink: Connection to ut2004master1.epicgames.com established.
Log: Resolving utan.unreal

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
PoW, yes I seem to remember an issue where if you had a Mutator and an Arena then voted to clear all Mutators it cleared the Arena also.
This happens because an Arena is also a Mutator and in this case UT2Vote does not know the difference.
However the other way around it can detect an Arena, so if Clear All Arenas was voted then the Mutators would not also clear, just the Arena.
Unfortunately there is not much I can do about that but I will have another look.
serious issues with the new broadcast handler. No servermuts would load. Server crashed when switching to default map as it tries to load the muts. It didn't seem to detect an issue. I set bNewBCHandler=False and all issues went away and it acted as it should
WOW! that is an issues is it not - oh well maybe we just let sleeping dogs ly and leave it like UT2Vote50.
Just thought I would try it as many Admin moan that they cannot get other chat programs working.
Yes what happens with the new way is it calls the routine for every "Receiver" of the message hence the more players you have the worse the situation, whereas the oldway it is checked when the "Sender" makes his message so in this way it is only done once.

Thanks for the speedy reports - very interesting :)

Regarding the DoUplink.
To test this.
Under normal circumstances with DoUplink=True when someone votes for an item and the players are using the same CD-Key they would get a message about "You cannot change your vote" etc etc during a game.
This is because it sees both players as the same player because its the same CD-Key.
Now if you set DoUplink=False, UT2Vote should detect this and allow 2 players using the same CD-Key to vote and that message will not appear.

Last edited:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
FWIW i am still having zero issues with Uadmin chat logging/filtering with ANY version of UT2Vote. I cannot figure out why others are having issues.

Last edited:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Regarding the BroadcastHandler:

It is only possible to write approx. 5 to 10 times a message in the game, afterwards no text input is possible and shown. Up to level end and map switch then writing is again possible (upt to 5 to 10 times and then "the same procedure as every map" :) )

Could it be that this is causes to AntiTCC because it also uses Broadcast"blabla".

Furthermore I notice that sometimes the server is more laggy than before, no problems with ping during this. Could that be?

Now if you set DoUplink=False, UT2Vote should detect this and allow 2 players using the same CD-Key to vote and that message will not appear.

ok, then something is wrong because as I have written, at my UT2Vote.ini bUseUniqueIDs=True.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The bUseUniqueIDs=True in the ini should stay as True and will not be effected.
UT2Vote will only set bUseUniqueIDs=False in memory (during use) but not in the ini file.

The number of times you can send a message or how many characters you can use, the color etc etc is all set in UT2004 or by other mods.
UT2Vote does not in anyway intervene and/or change anything.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i have reports of same/similar chat issues even using the old broadcast handler...

Also, why is it that sometimes I can't see what I type? I've typed a small sentence sometimes & it does not show (only on this server).

I noticed that tonight as well...it's like you can use chat at the beginning of game...but at the end...you can type your brains out and nothing shows

utw-Mephisto

Guilty
Nov 20, 2004
Gibraltar
frogger187 said:
I noticed that tonight as well...it's like you can use chat at the beginning of game...but at the end...you can type your brains out and nothing shows

I do have the same but I thought it was again just me.... A while ago I thought it was a problem with a new shieldgun mutator I have tried.

But now since you have the same problem it seems that the mutator has nothing to do with that .....

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This issue will be caused by ServerExt as it is the only mod that uses the new BCHandler and when UT2Vote is running it will hand over to ServerExt and from there it goes in the trashcan as no-one else uses the new way.
I think reverting back to the UT2Vote50 BCHandler is the best for now at least we know it works and its only a handfull of Admin that are having the problem.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
ServerExt is here for me not the reason because I do not have installed it.

Here it doesnt matter if you set bNewBCHandler=False or bNewBCHandler=True, in both cases the same: After typing 5 to 10 times, nobody is able to type anything.

Either it is working generally not or it is cause by AntiTCC and its own broadcast handler.

I only have this prob with B2.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
PoW - do me a favour please - just a test, set:
bUseChatLog=True
And go try again and see if the problem you are having is still there.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Can someone please check 50 or 51B1 please as I can only type 99 characters.
100 or more then the message does not display ?

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
I have already set (always and also for beta testing)

bUseChatLog=True
bUseChatMap=False
bUseChatIDs=True

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
frogger187 said:
i have reports of same/similar chat issues even using the old broadcast handler...

Also, why is it that sometimes I can't see what I type? I've typed a small sentence sometimes & it does not show (only on this server).

I just got it uploaded to the server and I'm seeing this exact thing. Only thing that works after a while is the adminsay.. teamsay, say, bluesay, redsay all do nothing.
This is with the mute=false and the newBC set to true or false