UT2Vote50B4

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote50 Beta 4

1. Player Mute
When the Admin now mutes a Player, it should also mute the Player's voice chatting.

2. Clear All
When a ClanAdmin does a Setup the normal End Match becomes a Clear All button.
Should the ClanAdmin make a mistake, clicking this button will now clear and reset all his/her settings.
The level should not restart, although the ClanAdmin will need to start all over again.

3. New version Logon
Fixed where the display Check your UT2Vote Client-Settings displays when a user logs onto a new version of UT2Vote for the first time.

4. MapCheckSpecs
This has now been renamed to bMapCheckSpecs to be compatible with all other bool flags.

5. ONS ClanMatch Warmup
If any game is related to a OnslaughtGame then any UT2Vote Warmup will be disabled... I hope :)

6. bClanAdminExtra
This has been added in the IniOnly section which will give the ClanAdmin normal Map change and Kicking privileges.
Normally defaulted to False.

7. Cancel Vote
When the VoteAdmin opens the Map Menu during a voting process and there is more than 2 Players on the server, the Opinion button will become a CancelVote button.
Clicking this button will now cancel all current votes made.
If its during the game, nothing will happen next, but if its at GameEnd, then 3 seconds later, all Players will get their Menu's back and voting can start all over again.

8. ChatIcons
All icons have been replaced with new ones which look better and are 25% larger in size.
An additional yellow icon has been added for DeathMatch related games.
Dont forget the bUseChatIcons in the IniOnly section which enables/disables this option.

http://www.unreal.co.za/files/beta/ut2v50b4.zip

Lets hope all these work ;)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
up and running fine.. chat icons are perfect size i think..

on a sidenote... endgamepopup=true, but in AS never does..bug or am i being dumb again?

also...how about yellow icon in team games too? can't see reason for team colored ones... ? or since they both fit...maybe a switch.. bteamcoloricon=true/false

Last edited:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
3. New version Logon

Now it is working at my servers too.

8. ChatIcons

Here it seems that I have now a bigger problem. I have two server with the server version 3186, both have the bonus pack 1-1 and the latest patch 3355. Both servers are correctly patched version to version since 3186.

On these two servers I have absolutely no problem with the ChatIcons either in UT2Vote50B3 or in the 50B4.

In the last few days I got a further server where immediately the server version 3339 (where the bonus pack 1-1 is included) has been installed and afterwards immediately the last patch 3355.

Here on this server the ChatIcons do not work either in B3 or in B4.

Any idea why this happens?

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
also......

i can no longer see the game options for Assault in webadmin. Should these be added to the gamestrings? I can edit in ut2004.ini...but just seems maybe htey should be pulled to gamestring..?

Entries:
Delay at End of Game
Friendly Fire Scale
Pair of Rounds
Practice Time
Reinforcements Time
Reset Countdown
Round Time Limit
Spawn Protection Time

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
on a sidenote... endgamepopup=true, but in AS never does..bug or am i being dumb again?
This is correct.
There is no Menu Popup in Assault, never has been.
also...how about yellow icon in team games too? can't see reason for team colored ones... ? or since they both fit...maybe a switch.. bteamcoloricon=true/false
Why would you want that ?
Surely in a Teamgame its better that the Red Team have Red icons and the Blue Team have Blue icons... or am I missing something here ?
Here on this server the ChatIcons do not work either in B3 or in B4.

Any idea why this happens?
I have no idea why it should do this unless you have some other mod that uses a PawnClass which over rides this.
Basically all UT2Vote does is tell whatever PawnClass is running to add the icons and if a PawnClass is running but not registered then this will happen.
i can no longer see the game options for Assault in webadmin. Should these be added to the gamestrings?
As far as I know you have never seen the options in WebAdmin.
UT2Vote does not cater for Assault in any way.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
ProAsm said:
This is correct.
There is no Menu Popup in Assault, never has been.?

Can there be? Everyone sits there sometimes....then ask..'hey, where's the vote menu?'...is there an issue detecting endgame? btw..got first assault server up now..so have never tested these things before..

*just saw other part as well about gamestrings.. i'd like to suggest these be added...is a fairly popular gaemtype to neglect.

ProAsm said:
Why would you want that ?
Surely in a Teamgame its better that the Red Team have Red icons and the Blue Team have Blue icons... or am I missing something here ?

The point of the chat icon is to prevent other players from shooting you while you are typing... so the more obvious the icon is the better...so my thinking is since in a team game you are assured to have a red or blue skin...having a yellow icon is going to to more visible/obvious. I see no benefit of making icon same color as skin...it seems couterproductive IMO..

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
1. Regarding the icon, yeah ok I see the advantage and will do so as it will save us quite a bit of space if I remove the Red and Blue icons not to mention the code detecting a teamgame :)

2. Assault.
This is a devilish game to detect things, its like ONS where you have this midgame (false game end) where teams swap over and to any mod like UT2Vote it looks like just an ordinary game ending when its not, and thats why you need to do voting on a manual basis like as if its ingame.
I will have another look to see if I can detect the real game end.
Maybe I put together a special Beta series with many debug log scripts for you to try and then send me the logs to see if I'm getting anywhere.
This will take time though and I'm not aiming to have it in this release unless we hit a luck first time.
I'll see if I can get something together today sometime so watch this space.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
I have no idea why it should do this unless you have some other mod that uses a PawnClass which over rides this.
Basically all UT2Vote does is tell whatever PawnClass is running to add the icons and if a PawnClass is running but not registered then this will happen.

I have no mod installed except AntiTCC. I have just deinstalled AntiTCC for testing purposes and have tried it again but the ChatIcons still do not work.
So the only explanation for me is that something is different in the server version 3339 if it is not patched version to version.

@Frogger, do you have installed the server version 3339 or is it patched from other versions to version 3339?

Btw is it correct that now the seethru function is always transparent since 50B4?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Btw is it correct that now the seethru function is always transparent since 50B4?
No, that is a bug - thanks for finding that.

Ok... which one - hahaha :D

talk1.jpg

OR:

talk2.jpg

Or do you want a choice of either :lol:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
yes, I have the same version installed and afterwards the patch 3355.

Btw. I used the same link.

But..............I can't see the icons. :shake: :con:

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
interesting.... most people i know rolled back to 3339...
you can test on our only 3355 server.. 216.15.144.29:7777 seems ok.. this was 3339 then patched to 3355 by VSK..

Last edited:

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
ProAsm said:
No, that is a bug - thanks for finding that.

Ok... which one - hahaha :D

talk1.jpg

OR:

talk2.jpg

Or do you want a choice of either :lol:

I like the second, but I'm sure folks will want a choice.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
Imaginos said:
:eek:

And on an aside, I'm late for this party again. Gah. Chaticons in Deathball seem to override the ut2vote one. I'll check this new build too.

yes..we know...only reason its still there is it is an establised ip....we have 9 others...none of which are on VSK..i have tried to get Minion to move that one..but he won't...but he gets to deal with Ray..;)