1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ut2Vote5.1 Weapons of Evil

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by indomidable, Aug 23, 2005.

1. indomidable

indomidable New Member

I have to admit I'm stumped here trying to get Weapons of Evil ONS running here are the relevant parts of the INI's

UT2004.INI
    [Engine.GameEngine]
    ServerPackages=WoE_Effects
    ServerPackages=WoE_Weapons
    ServerPackages=WoE_Sentinel
    ServerPackages=WoE_Inventory
    (As stated in the Readme/Tutorial I added these to the INI then UT2Vote removed them)

[EvilOnslaught.MapListEvilOnslaught]
    MapNum=0
    Maps=ONS-TORLAN
    Maps=ONS-ARCTICSTRONGHOLD
    Maps=ONS-CROSSFIRE
    Maps=ONS-DRIA
    Maps=ONS-SEVERANCE
    Maps=ONS-RedPlanet
    Maps=ONS-Severance
    Maps=ONS-ArcticStronghold
    Maps=ONS-Torlan
    Maps=ONS-Primeval
    Maps=ONS-FrostBite
    Maps=ONS-Dria
    Maps=ONS-Adara
    Maps=ONS-Aridoom
    Maps=ONS-Ascendancy
    Maps=ONS-Dawn
    Maps=ONS-IslandHop
    Maps=ONS-Tricky
    Maps=ONS-Urban
    Maps=ons-14_torlan-wintercombat
    Maps=ONS-VerticalLimitECE
    Maps=ONS-ToonCountry_final
    Maps=ONS-Surripere-r1
    Maps=ONS-StormValley
    Maps=ONS-ScrapYard
    Maps=ONS-RapaNui
    Maps=ONS-RangerSEMSU
    Maps=ONS-P3846
    Maps=ONS-Nevermore-ECE
    Maps=ONS-Nevermore
    Maps=ONS-NX-AncienMonde-ECE
    Maps=ONS-MarioLand
    Maps=ONS-Ligeia-Final
    Maps=ONS-Icarus
    Maps=ONS-Halloween_nm
    Maps=ONS-Firestorm
    Maps=ONS-FacingGiants2004-v2
    Maps=ONS-EvilMood
    Maps=ONS-Denum
    Maps=ONS-Cruiser_VL-5
    Maps=ONS-Crossfire
    Maps=ONS-ChainsIsileFinal
    Maps=ONS-CataldiPark
    Maps=ONS-CanyonRunSE
    Maps=ONS-Caelum
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Yorda
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Valarna-ECE
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Valarna
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Tropica
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Pasargadae
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Mirage
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Brassed
    Maps=ONS-CBP2-Argento
    Maps=ONS-Apocalypse
    Maps=ONS-Alien2
    Maps=ONS-(RTS)Sanctuary
    Maps=ONS-Dinora
    Maps=ONS-Glanum
    Maps=ONS-NMP2-PanaleashSE

[DefaultONS0 MaplistRecord]
    DefaultTitle=Default ONS0
    DefaultGameType=EvilOnslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame
    DefaultActive=0
    DefaultMaps=ONS-Torlan

---------------------------------------------------------------

UT2Vote51.INI
    [UT2Vote51.UT2VoteGameTypes]

GameType=(GameName="Weapons of Evil Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="EvilOnslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="WeaponsofEvil.MutWoE,Onslaught.MutBigWheels,ColoredDeathMessages.MutColoredDeathMessages,OnslaughtBP.MutBonusVehicles,Onslaught.MutWheeledVehicleStunts,OnslaughtBP.MutVehiclePickups",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=24?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?NumBots=8?Difficulty=4??GameStats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00")
    [UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="WeaponsofEvil.MutWoE",ServerPackages="WoE_Effects,WoE_Weapons,WoE_Sentinel,WoE_Inventory")

Now weapons of evil isn't actually considered a mutator but more of a mod. I have heard of others who have gotten this to work I was wondering if I anyone has an Idea where I went wrong or heck if you can drop a working config.
    I used gamemake3 to create the new type and fixed the line for the mutators we enjoy.

I've of course got lots of mutators going and am trying this ... Not tested yet from the UT2Vote51.INI

[UT2Vote51.UT2VoteMutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Weapons of Evil",HideVote=False,MutClassName="WeaponsofEvil.MutWoE",Voted=False)

Ok that didn't work... Now trying to incorporate WoE_Sentinel.ini
    [WoE_Sentinel.MutSentinelReplacer]
    DMMaxCannons=1
    TeamMaxCannons=3
    InvasionMaxCannons=20
    bReplaceShield=True
    bReplaceSuperShield=False
    bReplaceSuperHealth=False
    HealthPercentReplaced=50
    AdrenalinePercentReplaced=50
    bAllowUpgrades=True
    Possibly if I add to [UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="WoE_Sentinel.MutSentinelReplacer",ServerPackages="WoE_Sentinel,WoE_Inventory")
    Packages=(MutClassName="WoE_Weapons.MutWoEArena",ServerPackages="WoE_Effects,WoE_Weapons")

Ok I'm going to test this and see if it works.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  2. indomidable

indomidable New Member

Woot Got it working

UT2Vote51.INI

[UT2Vote51.UT2VoteGameTypes]
    GameType=(GameName="Weapons of Evil Onslaught",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=True,DefaultMap="ONS-Torlan",MapPrefix="ONS",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="EvilOnslaught.ONSOnslaughtGame",Mutators="WoE_Weapons.MutWoEArena,WoE_Sentinel.MutSentinelReplacer,Onslaught.MutBigWheels,ColoredDeathMessages.MutColoredDeathMessages,OnslaughtBP.MutBonusVehicles,Onslaught.MutWheeledVehicleStunts,OnslaughtBP.MutVehiclePickups",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=3?TimeLimit=0?MinPlayers=8?MaxPlayers=24?MaxSpectators=2?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?NumBots=8?Difficulty=4??GameStats=False?FF=0?GameSpeed=1.00")

[UT2Vote51.UT2VoteMutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Sentinel Replacer",HideVote=False,MutClassName="WoE_Sentinel.MutSentinelReplacer",Voted=False)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="Weapons of Evil",HideVote=False,MutClassName="WoE_Weapons.MutWoEMain",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote51.UT2VotePackages]
    Packages=(MutClassName="WoE_Sentinel.MutSentinelReplacer",ServerPackages="WoE_Sentinel,WoE_Inventory")
    Packages=(MutClassName="WoE_Weapons.MutWoEMain",ServerPackages="WoE_Effects,WoE_Weapons")

Notes: Check the INI files for Mutator names as to wich package the refer too... Rarely will you find it in an .INT file

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005
  3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Maybe just a dumb question as I dont know Weapons of Evil ONS, but can you get it to work on local Instant Action ?
    Just trying to figure if its a replication or package problem.