UT2vote48 - Hit Sounds?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JiveMiguel

Mapping n00b!
Jun 21, 2004
Southern California
I just upgraded my server to UT2vote48 (from v43). I noticed that the client option for hit sounds is gone. Where did it go? I thought that was a great feature and would like to see it back! Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other setting to enable hit sounds? Help! I don't want to go back to v43...

Thanks in advance!

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
JiveMiguel said:
I just upgraded my server to UT2vote48 (from v43). I noticed that the client option for hit sounds is gone. Where did it go? I thought that was a great feature and would like to see it back! Am I doing something wrong? Is there some other setting to enable hit sounds? Help! I don't want to go back to v43...

Thanks in advance!

UTExtra is what you want to use.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
hit sounds, weapshake, and skin bright were moved to a separate mod (UTextra) to allow UT2Vote to be whitelisted by Epic. UTextra is in cluded and when used, gives the same functionality as the older versions of UT2vote.

JiveMiguel

Mapping n00b!
Jun 21, 2004
Southern California
frogger187 said:
hit sounds, weapshake, and skin bright were moved to a separate mod (UTextra) to allow UT2Vote to be whitelisted by Epic. UTextra is in cluded and when used, gives the same functionality as the older versions of UT2vote.

Cool. Thanks for the tip, guys. I'm testing it right now...
What does 'whitelisted' mean?

JiveMiguel

Mapping n00b!
Jun 21, 2004
Southern California
Ok, I got UTextra loaded and I see the button on the client setup. When I check 'enable hit sounds' and make sure the volume is at least set to 75%, I still get no hit sounds. Even after a map reload, a server restart, etc... can anyone help me? :mad:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
you must be loged in as vote-admin or as real admin, afaik. there should be 2 additional setting...