UT2Vote44B5

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Changes and Updates in 44 Beta 5

1. UT2Vote Logos
Finalized new UT2Vote logos.

2. Incompatible Game Files
This is a serious bug and is Epics fault although UT2Vote does trap it now but it should get done in UT2004.
This error can be seen when you are playing on a UT2Vote Server, bring up your Server Browser and join a Server that is NOT running UT2Vote or any other mod that uses a Replication.
UT2Vote can now combat this error in 2 ways:
1) Serverside - bNoGameFiles=True (in IniOnly section and is False by default)
2) Clientside - bNoGameFiles=True (in players User.ini file and is False by default)
Should any one of these 2 be True, then when the player presses the "Server Browser" button in the UT2004 MidgameMenu, he/she will disconnect from the UT2Vote server.
A 'Hint' informing the player of this will appear before clicking on the button.

3. bDoGamePopup
The various 'Hints' in the AdminMenu regarding this were incorrect and these have now been resolved.

4. GameType Commands
It was found that none of the GameType commands were being preserved and basically over written when a new setup was configured from the AdminGame Menu.
This has now been fixed.

5. ServerPackages
It was found that if a Server Crashed or after UT2Vote switched to the 'DefaultGame' several ServerPackages were not being removed thus causing unnecessary downloads.
This has now been rectified with a seperate RemoveAllPackages() function and is called when UT2Vote does a self initiated Restart and also there is now a Clear all Packages button in the Admin's Mutator Menu.

6. GameType Commands
All the existing ?Commands in a normal GameType= string can now be changed via the WebAdmin 'UT2Vote' command in its console.
The command would be as follows:
UT2Vote ?GameType=GameName?Commands
In practice this would look like this:
UT2Vote ?GameType=Capture the Flag?MinPlayers=18?GoalScore=7?Translocator=False
NB. Only current ?commands can be changed.
New ?commands cannot be added and old ?commands cannot be removed.

7. SkinBright
An additional 'hack' has been introduced to monitor the status of a Players UT2Vote SkinBright incase it fades.
This hack could cause some lag - please check it out carefully for this.

http://www.unrealza.co.za/files/mods/ut2vote44b5.zip

;)

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
I don't think the maplimits are working for me... I have VCTF as the gametype and maplimits set to 8.

I don't however have a default map... right now it is NONE like it is by default under the VCTF so I will change it and see if it changes anything:)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
this version breaks utcomp...b4 works...b5 no. Not on my server so don't know specifics...but from what other admin said basically utcomp is completely not running. Think someone here runs utcomp and can verify, but just wanted to give heads-up..

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Serverbrowser is how people also get to the chat tab (IRC). I use that quite a bit. Hopefully Epic fixes this problem so we don't have to do drastic things like disconnect just to look at the chat.

And Uberbyte has turned up in my logs.. Looks like he trolls my servers regularly. As if he doesn't post enough Qs..

Last edited:

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
to 5.

i did the following test:
i switched to a gametype with 2 packages needed seldom, and the package-section in the ut2004.ini looked like this:

ServerPackages=UT2Vote44B5
ServerPackages=ServerLogo3
ServerPackages=tdw-logo-0851
ServerPackages=tdw-sound-0802
ServerPackages=Zound45
ServerPackages=tdw-sounds0809
ServerPackages=tdw-sounds0810
ServerPackages=satoreMonsterPackv107
ServerPackages=UT2004RPG

then i restarted the server (via exit in webadmin). after the restart i waited about 10 minutes, and checked the ini, but nothing changed :(

i switched to a gametype with no additional serverpackages, and it looked like this:

ServerPackages=satoreMonsterPackv107
ServerPackages=UT2004RPG

so only the 2 seldom used packages left...

i did another restart, and this time, everything worked like expected:

ServerPackages=ServerLogo3
ServerPackages=tdw-logo-0851
ServerPackages=tdw-sound-0802
ServerPackages=Zound45
ServerPackages=tdw-sounds0809
ServerPackages=tdw-sounds0810

jerry.gif

dunno what went wrong the first time, i will do some additional tests, as soon as i find time... btw, antitcc is running, but where is the package?

here is my package-section:

[UT2Vote44B5.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="ServerLogo3.ServerLogo",ServerPackages="ServerLogo3,tdw-logo-0851,tdw-sound-0802")
Packages=(MutClassName="vCTF-TL.MutvCTFTL",ServerPackages="vCTF-TL")
Packages=(MutClassName="UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG",ServerPackages="UT2004RPG")
Packages=(MutClassName="PingCompensation2.MutPingCompensation",ServerPackages="PingCompensation")
Packages=(MutClassName="satoreMonsterPackv107.mutsatoreMonsterPack",ServerPackages="satoreMonsterPackv107")
Packages=(MutClassName="FHI.FHI",ServerPackages="FHI,uWM,fhinvasion")
Packages=(MutClassName="TeamRadar.TeamRadarMut",ServerPackages="TeamRadar")
Packages=(MutClassName="ExcessiveV3.Excessive",ServerPackages="ExcessiveV3")
Packages=(MutClassName="AntiTCC118Beta5.MutAntiTCC",ServerPackages="AntiTCC118Beta5")
Packages=(MutClassName="UTCompv13bb.MUTUTComp",ServerPackages="UTCompv13bb")
Packages=(MutClassName="BinStaGib04.MutBinStaGibXtArena",ServerPackages="BinStaGib04")
Packages=(MutClassName="TDWDummy01.TDWDummy01",ServerPackages="Jailbreak,JBAddonAvenger,JBAddonCelebration,JBAddonLlama,JBAddonProtection,JBAddonTeleport,JBScreen,JBToolbox")
Packages=(MutClassName="Zound45.Zound",ServerPackages="Zound45,tdw-sounds0809,tdw-sounds0810")
Packages=(MutClassName="ChaosGames.ChaosUT",ServerPackages="ChaosGames,ChaosUT")
Packages=(MutClassName="SpawnGrenades.MutSN",ServerPackages="SpawnGrenades")

and here are the 3 gametypes (striped the command-part):

Standard (and default):GameType=(GameName="Insta DM",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Insidious",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="instadm.instadm",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline,ServerLogo3.ServerLogo,Zound45.Zound",Commands

the big un:
GameType=(GameName="Insta INV",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="instainv.instainv",Mutators="satoreMonsterPackv107.mutsatoreMonsterPack,XGame.MutZoomInstaGib,XGame.MutRegen,ServerLogo3.ServerLogo,UT2004RPG.MutUT2004RPG,Zound45.Zound",Commands

the small one:
GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch intern",HideVote=True,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Rankin",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="tdm2.tdm2",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon",Commands

hope this helps ;)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i was guessing maybe the skin hack did it....but don't know.. nothing chaanged in the config of the server except a change from B4 to b5...and then back to b4....and utcomp simply wouldn't load..

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
utcomp werks fine with 44b5 i just tested it and no problems so frogger u need to see what that guy did i guess

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
hmmm... thanks for that. Will do. what version of utcomp you running?

Last edited:

sh0V3l

Oct 23, 2003
13b when i tested it it was on a test server no other muts but that shouldnt matter u know utcomp writes a bunch of crap to the server.ini what i do is this

[utcompv13b.MUTUTComp]
ServersideEnableHitSounds=1
ServerSideEnableBrightSkins=2
bEnableDoubleDamage=False
WarmUpTime=0
WarmupHealth=199
bONSwepsinwarmup=False
benablewarmup=False
maxServerPlayers=12
bEnableSkinVoting=False
bEnableHitSoundVoting=False
benablewarmupvoting=False
bEnableDoubleDamageVoting=False
benableMapVoting=False //make sure u set this false also
bEnableServerDemorec=False
bServerSideEnableUTCompScoreboard=False
bEnableSpectatorLines=True
ServerDemoMask=%d-%t-%m
Mode[0]=
Mode[1]=
Mode[2]=
Mode[3]= //removed items here and below
Mode[4]=
Mode[5]=
Mode[6]=
Mode[7]=
Mode[8]=
Mode[9]=
ModeName[0]=
ModeName[1]=
ModeName[2]=
ModeName[3]=
ModeName[4]=
ModeName[5]=
ModeName[6]=
ModeName[7]=
ModeName[8]=
ModeName[9]=
bEnableTeamOverlay=True
bEnableTeamOverlayVoting=False

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
thanks...i will chalk it up to main operator error.

**sorted out..i had to replace his ut2vote.ini...it was fuxored..

On a good note..I have seen zero lag from B5, as mentioned was possible on the skin checks...server has been full most of time and no complaints and I have seen no ill effects..

Last edited:

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
1. UT2Vote Logos

Nice looking :)

2. Incompatible Game Files

It works, I tried it server-side and client-side, if one is set to True, no incompatible game files anymore and also the hint with the server browser button is ok.
With False everything is like before.

3. bDoGamePopup

I am blind ... where is the entry for that in the admin menu??

4. GameType Commands

not tested because I am not sure what this is about.

5. ServerPackages

not tested because I have no other mutators installed. Could that be tested by somebody else please?

6. GameType Commands

That is really confusing. I tried it with the game speed setting and that is working. But with i.e. the translocator there is a problem:
I type the command

UT2Vote ?GameType=DeathMatch?Translocator=False?GameSpeed=1.10

in the WebAdmin. Then I connected to the server and the translocator was working. In the server details the translocator was True.

Then I tried it with

UT2Vote ?GameType=DeathMatch?Translocator=True?GameSpeed=1.10

After connecting to the server, the translocator was not working and in the server details it was set to False.

But now the best: The commands from the WebAdmin are not totally adopted by the admin menu and also not by the UT2Vote44B5.ini. In my case this means, the setting i.e. False from the WebAdmin is also set in the admin menu and in the UT2Vote44B5.ini but the translocator has worked instead.

7. SkinBright

not tested totally but I have set bDMSkinBright=False on my public server and although I think that this Beta is more laggy than the previous ones. It is partly not playable and now it is not AntiTCC because I have the same version like with UT2Vote44B4.
My ping is also ok and also the server itsself is running well.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Nice report.
3. = Enable InGame Popup

4. Lets say you have a command in the GameType string that is not available in the AdminGameMenu like
?AdminName=Whatever
Now when you write a new command after clicking 'Submit' in the AdminGameMenu that command you had in the string just vanished - ie got deleted.
Now it will be preserved and will still be there after any GameMenu changes.

6. Haha... ok I see its 'flipping' - thanks I'll look into that ;)

7. Ok I had a feeling this new mod was going to increase the CPU time somewhat.
I'll see if I can get a compromise going somehow.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
3. = Enable InGame Popup

Aaah, ok now the hint in the Admin Menu fits to the function.

This text is in the UT2Vote43_readme:

bDoGamePopup=
Defaulted to False, but setting it to True will force the little Yes/No VoteCast window to popup anytime during a game when someone decides to make a vote. Having this set to True can be very annoying to the game, but some prefer it that way :)

This should be updated before the release of UT2Vote44.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
ok text readme also fixed.
Socke I'm not too concerned about test 5 at this stage as it has totally changed in Beta 6 and you guys are gonna have to very carefully test the new serverpackages.

PoW, regarding 6 - GameType Commands.
I tried it here and it worked 100% everytime, I could not fault it regardless what command I sent it and regardless what GameType= I sent.
My test string which I changed and it worked everytime.

UT2Vote ?GameType=DeathMatch?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=7?TimeLimit=12?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=3?Translocator=True

Please double check this as well as someone else give it a go as like I say, I cannot fault it here.

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
Sorry, but here is chaos:

I have tested it again (point 6) over 1 hour and always I get different results.
I have taken your command line and put it in the WebAdmin console, click on send, click on restart level, go to the server and always a few points have not been changes like max spectators were not 3 but 1, translocator was disabled.
It doesn't matter what I am doing here, always I get different results, even if I do the same I got different results.

The only thing I can think of is that the patch 3270 for linux is crap.
I think somebody else should test it because here I cannot get clear results.