1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote44B4 runs great on my server...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by [HT]ÜberByte, Aug 13, 2004.

1. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

UT2Vote44B5 runs great on my server...

You ask how I got it? Mabey I shouldnt say on a public forum... :D The redesigned logo looks fantastic! Had a few people on my server so far, but not many due to the ut2004 master servers being down. Great work! :D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  2. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Glad you like it :)

Changes, updates and fixes so far in 44, Beta 4

1. Full DuelGame and Assault game detection.
    2. CheckMap now on its own section... UT2VoteMapCheck.
    3. Added MaxPlayersIsp= Default is 32 - This was added as many ISP's only allow a certain limit for the number of players you can have on a server and this will stop Clan Admin exceeding the MaxPlayers allowed.
    4. Added Client can choose up to 6 different Announcers.
    5. Mutators used in the ServerMuts section will now show ClanMatchSetup.
    6. Increased number of Mutators allowed in a ClanMatch from 5 to 20.
    7. Fixed ClanSkinGlow always reporting "Off" in setup menu.
    8. Fixed Admin Menu Default Map 'hints'.
    9. Fixed Voting percent calculations.
    10. Added UT2Vote to Esc Menu button - basically when you now press Escape and bring up the UT2004 MidGameMenu the 'Map Voting' button will now appear and take you to UT2Vote.
    11. Added AdminGameMenu now caters for ?VsBots=
    12. Added ?NoOverTime= in GameStrings for UT2Vote - if the Admin adds ?NoOverTime=True in any Team based GameType string, then a game will end at Timelimit, even if its a draw.
    13. Fixed Spectator Admin - Before the Spectator Admin could not bring up the Games menu's etc properly.
    14. Fixed Menus closing better when logged in as Admin.
    15. Added InstagibCTF and VehicleCTF Games to GameType strings.
    16. Added Tally display now has its own updates replication.
    17. Added 3 second pause to Tally display when vote is won.
    18. Fixed 'Incompatible Game Files' error by adding a bNoGameFiles= option in Clients User.ini and also Serverside.
    19. Fixed bDoGamePopup issue where there was no Yes/No window to popup.
    20. Added new UT2Vote logos.

;)

3. tdw-socke

tdw-socke New Member

huh, another fisherman ;)

welcome onboard :D

4. ArPharazon

ArPharazon New Member

its amazing what can be found when you go fishing .... ;)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2004
  5. ArPharazon

ArPharazon New Member

Please add the 'No Overtime' option to the GUI!!! (i.e. to the game options page for each gametype).

Its pointless as a game string - we'd have to stop the server, edit the ini file and restart the server just to turn it on or off .... and, if you added it to the ini file, but make changes via the gui options page, it will get wiped oO

6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

k - if I find room :)

7. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

Just like beta 4 shows map voting in pause screen, it should also show kick voting if enabled. It might also be a good idea to show that these are enabled in the server info box in the server browser. BTW, what is the IP of a server that will always be running the latest version of ut2vote, even if it is in beta?

8. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

I've caught another fish (beta 5)! Is this the latest beta? I didn't think it was posiable for the logo to look any better, but you have prooved me wrong once again ProAsm, Lookin' slick there :D Changelog please :) and a suggestion would be to also have the kick voting button displayed in the pause screen if it is enabled, also, (if this is even posiable) it would be nice to display map voting/kickvoting enabled/disabled in the server info box in the server bowser.

9. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Changes and Updates in 44 Beta 5

1. UT2Vote Logos
    Finalized new UT2Vote logos.

2. Incompatible Game Files
    This error can be seen when you are playing on a UT2Vote Server, bring up your Server Browser and join a Server that is NOT running UT2Vote or any other mod that uses a Replication.
    UT2Vote can now combat this error in 2 ways:
    1) Serverside - bNoGameFiles=True (in IniOnly section and False by default)
    2) Clientside - bNoGameFiles=True (in players User.ini file and also False by default)
    Should any of these 2 be True, then when the player presses the "Server Browser" button in the UT2004 MidgameMenu, he/she will disconnect from the UT2Vote server.
    A 'Hint' informing the player of this will appear before clicking on the button.

3. bDoGamePopup
    The various 'Hints' in the AdminMenu regarding this were incorrect and these have now been resolved.

4. GameType Commands
    It was found that none of the GameType commands were being preserved and basically over written when a new setup was configured from the AdminGame Menu.
    This has now been fixed.

5. ServerPackages
    It was found that if a Server Crashed or after UT2Vote switched to the 'DefaultGame' several ServerPackages were not being removed thus causing unnecessary downloads.
    This has now been rectified with a seperate function and is called when UT2Vote does a self initiated Restart and also there is now a Clear all Packages button in the Admin's Mutator Menu.

6. GameType Commands
    All the existing ?Commands in a normal GameType= string can now be changed via the WebAdmin 'UT2Vote' command in its console.
    The command would be as follows:
    UT2Vote ?GameType=GameName?Commands
    In practice this would look like this:
    UT2Vote ?GameType=Capture the Flag?MinPlayers=18?GoalScore=7?Translocator=False
    NB. Only current ?commands can be changed.
    New ?commands cannot be added and old ?commands cannot be removed.

7. SkinBright
    The manner in which this is implemented has been updated to combat some differences in patch 3270

Regarding adding information to the Server Info, this is not a good idea as this is where modders 'hack' in to make there mods work on a StandardServer and although UT2Vote is 'listed', its still not worth fiddling in this area.

;)