UT2Vote44 Release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

De$TiNY

Aug 30, 2004
hah-clan.org
it runs on our 3 server without big problems, only one things is quite annoying:that, that's what player vote dissapear all the time now in the votewindow :mad:
but i know you can't find the reason for that :(

CVROY

Mar 8, 2003
Are you sure the votes are not vanishing because people change their votes to another map? MAKE SURE:)

tuco[HaH]

InstaGib Player
Jul 2, 2004
Hamburg, Germany, Europe
hah-clan.org
The votes disappearing, particularly in mid-game votes (used to be sometimes, then more often, now always) is the most annoying problem in UT2Vote for me. All the rest is peanutes compared to this one, because this one pisses people off seriously.

Another thing that's not completely gone yet is the double-click problem in the tally window. It still happens that people say "omg I didn't vote for foo, I voted for bar". Worse, mid-game it then goes "fúck, and I can't change my vote now". At least that's why I think when it happens to me :p

These are still the most important problems in my opinion. Once these are solved, the voting part of UT2Vote is perfect.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes I agree that this is a problem and we need to solve it but it takes sheer dedication to do this.

I am not complaining here but to solve a problem like this one need constant feedback all the time - not once a week or something as I write many programs, it is my fulltime job so I forget very quickly which problem I'm trying to solve at any given point.

For instance this voting problem, I will need at least 2 volunteers from you guys who will dedicate 1 or 2 nights and work with me so you can test like maybe 10 or more Beta's in one night until the problem is fixed.
Once you start on a major problem (like this one) you cannot just leave it over for tomorrow because by then I have forgotten completely what I was doing and go onto something else.

So as soon as we can get together for lets say a Saturday afternoon till maybe midnight and it would probably have to be Germany only (time zone) then we can climb in together and fix the problem.

Let me know how you feel about this.
:)

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
i thought we already addressed this issue...about 5 betas ago... :hmm:

*too bad old forum is gone..was going to search for discussion...i know we already visited this though...

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
New patch-new luck :lol:

My servers are now patched to 3323. Since that time I have something strange in the server details.

When I started the server, I have that:

details_prob1.jpg

Then I set UT2Vote44 in the webadmin and click on Restart Level. After that I have this in the server details:

details_prob2.jpg

Somebody else has this problem?

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
another little thing:

the homepage shows logo by socke. Please change it to Overlord, it was his work, i only had the HAL-idea ;)

and in the about-screenshot it only shows yakomo, and at least on the screenshot on your hp, it tells version 4.3 ;)

PoW

Jul 12, 2004
this is running ut2vote...

hmmmm.....do you have bStandardServer=True?

I have set it always to false because it never works on my servers.

frogger187

eat. sleep. frag.
May 2, 2003
fyi..

We have just removed UT2Vote from the official white list. If you are running a server that uses UT2Vote, your server will no longer appear in the server list if the "Standard Servers Only" checkbox is checked.

Please remember that for a mod to be white-listed, it must meet the following criteria.

1. Mods must not alter the core game play mechanics of UT2004.

2. Mods must be smaller in size.

A 900K download to a modem user takes approx 6 minutes to download.

Hopefully, the author of UT2Vote will adjust his mod to fit the criteria above and at that point it will be reconsidered for the white list.

Joe Wilcox [Joe.Wilcox@epicgames.com]

>
> Joe,
> To qualify for item #1...are you meaning hitsounds and/or something
> else?..Just so we know what changes would be needed...Item #2,
'smaller'
> is
> quite vague...

The hit-sounds and the client-side removing of view shake would fall under #1. As for #2, we don't have a set number. Clearly 900K or so is too much. I'd go as far as saying anything over 250K is on the fringe and it would really depend on how useful the mod was.

250K is ~ 90 seconds of download time on a modem. That's a lot.

J.

Last edited:

tuco[HaH]

InstaGib Player
Jul 2, 2004
Hamburg, Germany, Europe
hah-clan.org
ProAsm said:
Yes I agree that this is a problem and we need to solve it but it takes sheer dedication to do this.

De$TiNY and I can help you here as testers. It's worth it for us, because we want that bug squished eventually ;)

ProAsm said:
I am not complaining here but to solve a problem like this one need constant feedback all the time - not once a week or something as I write many programs, it is my fulltime job so I forget very quickly which problem I'm trying to solve at any given point.

I understand you well, same here ;)

ProAsm said:
So as soon as we can get together for lets say a Saturday afternoon till maybe midnight and it would probably have to be Germany only (time zone) then we can climb in together and fix the problem.

Let me know how you feel about this.
:)

Let's do it :) De$TiNY and I would be available this Saturday, or the next one. Sunday is a possibility too, but only until about 19:00 CET.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ok thats 2 serious items - This one and the Standard Servers.
I think lets aim for next Saturday afternoon around 2pm your time, as hopefully by then I have sorted out something to satisfy Epic and get UT2Vote45 back on the Whitelist, even if its only a temp situation to buy us some time.
Next Friday is a holiday here so I'll have a bit more coding time :)

Do you guys have ICQ as maybe that way we can do things better.
Icq = #15326846

tuco[HaH]

InstaGib Player
Jul 2, 2004
Hamburg, Germany, Europe
hah-clan.org
I never understand right what "next" means :p 18th or 25th?

My ICQ is #332242603, we can use that then I'll start ICQ then. But if we use an instant messenger we use MSN normally. Aliases are tuco and destiny @hah-clan.org. I also think that TeamSpeak would be an even better idea. For those that will join the debugging session we'd privately give the TS connection data.