UT2Vote43 Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
UT2Vote43 Release - 17th July 2004

Major Changes

UT2VoteMulti for multi servers in system folder.
For those that wish to run UT2Vote on MultiServers having different UT2004.ini files.

ucc server CTF-Maul?Game=xGame.xCTFGame?Mutator=UT2Vote43.UT2VoteMulti etc..

The different configs will be created in each Server.ini file or they can be copied and pasted from the UT2VoteMulti.txt file.

Enhanced Admin Menu
Moved several IniOnly stuff to configs menu.
Several options have now been moved from the IniOnly section to the AdminMenu [UT2VoteConfigs] section and these are:
bDisAllVoting - bNoWeapStats - bDisServAdmin - bDisOpinion - bDisAdminMesg - bClanServName - bUseChatLog
bUseChatMap - bUseChatIDs - bSwitchDefMap - bUseRandomMap - bUseUniqueID - bDMSkinBright

Mutate and UT2Vote commands added to WebAdmin Console.
If bWebAdmin=True then these commands will replace the 'say' command in the WebAdmin Console.
The Mutate command will be passed to all mutators currently running.
The UT2Vote command can be used to change options in the UT2VoteConfigs and UT2VoteVoting sections:
UT2Vote ?GamePassword=whatever?bAllowKick=False?bArenaAlone=True?bUseChatLog=True - click Send

NB. The following are not available with the above:
DefaultGame - ServerMuts - ServerLine

Reserved Admin Spectator
Should the server be full, an Admin can send a command from WebAdmin reserving a special Slot for entry to the Game:
In the WebAdmin console, remove the 'say' command and:
UT2Vote ?AdminSpec=nickname
This will allow an Admin into the game, and close the 'hole' when he leaves.

Tallyvote Revamp
The way in which the Tallyvotes are now displayed has been revamped and the Submit button will now follow where the cursor is.

Vote Calculation
During a voting proceedure the VotePercentage will now always be in consideration and will be accepted as a Majority vote the moment it qualifies regardless of whether votes came from changed or direct votes.

Other Changes

Silent Kick
Admin can kick Players without anyone knowing about it.

bAdminAtEnd=False (default)
Added in IniOnly section and if set to True, UT2Vote will allow an Admin into the Menus as GameEnd.

Map Prefix and Suffix bug
Fixed map prefix bug in custom gametypes.

Admin changes
Removed Admin loosing Adminship when dying, also no more protection and removed Admin from kicklist.

Kick Message
Admin can now send a message in the kick/ban Menu to all players and kicked player.

Client KeyBind
The ClanReady Keybind has been replaced with a ClientMenu Keybind as the normal UT2Votemenu works as a ClanReady.

bSortMutsList=True (Default)
The Mutator list will be sorted alphabetically.

bSortGameList=False (Default)
The Games list will be sorted alphabetically.

WaitForLevel=90 (IniOnly Section)
This is now variable and always used to be fixed at 60 but with levels becoming slower at changeover it was necessary to increase this wait time.

Set Match
An extra button has been added in the ClanSetup so an Admin can set the Match to only start when the current game ends.

MapListSort=0 (Options = 0,1,2,3)
0 = Alphabetical A - Z listings.
1 = Alphabetical Z - A listings.
2 = As in list - best if UseMapList=True
3 = Random selection on each level.

bMinMaxMaps=True (Admin Menu)
If set to True then maps with set MaxPlayers and MinPlayer that do not suit the current game will be removed from the MapList.

Several Minor Changes

Fixed Spectator kick list sometimes not displaying.
Fixed MapLimits not functioning correctly (again).
Fixed voting for limited map in newmaps and top maps.
Fixed AddNew maps button not working.
Fixed Servernames sometimes displaying incorrectly.
Fixed single player selecting No-Muts
Fixed WebAdmin not using chathandler
Fixed WebAdmin switching Gametypes correctly if bWbAdmin=True
Fixed Gametpyes will now succesfully load their configs if selected from WebAdmin.
Fixed WebAdmin configs that UT2Vote does not allow.
Fixed Opinion voting as now saved if a vote fails.
Fixed GamePassword being removed in GameString.
Fixed incorrect gamestring when all players leave after voting new game.
Fixed where Player or Spectator looses menu when switching to Player.
Added votable Mutators are now selectable from WebAdmin.
Added Help option to Client Menu.
Added GamePassword to Admin GameMenu.
Added preservation of all additional Gamestring commands, including ONS and AS.

Download UT2Vote43

http://www.unrealza.co.za/files/mods/ut2vote43.zip

UT2Vote Team
;)

Augustus

Jul 18, 2004
Is there somewhere that explains upgrading a previous version to the latest? Can I simply rename things to 43? This should probably be included in the documentation if it's not.

Thanks,
Augustus

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Just renaming things to the next version is dangerous in some cases.
In 43 the following should not be renamed as they underwent major changes:

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteConfigs]

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteIniOnly]

The rest you should be fairly safe.

If you are just gonna copy and paste your Mutators, remember to add the "No Score Limit" Mutator from 43.

Augustus

Jul 18, 2004
ProASM said:
Just renaming things to the next version is dangerous in some cases.
In 43 the following should not be renamed as they underwent major changes:

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteConfigs]

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteIniOnly]

The rest you should be fairly safe.

If you are just gonna copy and paste your Mutators, remember to add the "No Score Limit" Mutator from 43.

Thanks. I've got it up and running now.

- Augustus

Obscenery

Jun 24, 2004
Problem between this and UT2004RPG

I have a problem w/ UT2004RPG after I use the Admin menu in UT2Vote, part of the screen in RPG (a selection box) disappears. I have put an screenshot in the RPG Forum, but since I am not sure which mutator is causeing the problem I figured I would report it here as well.

This is a link to the RPG Forum entry for this problem

There is a list box below "Stat Points Available" that has disappeared, it was there before I used UT2Vote to pause the game. But I also noticed the problem on a client machine when he closed the vote menu without voting to go back into RPG and assign some points.

The only way to get that box back is to restart the server (ugh!).

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
When UT2Vote closes a Menu, it calls the CloseAllMenus as being a Serverside Mod, UT2Vote does not know what Menu's the cleint has opened and closed etc.
When you now run another Mod like UT2004RPG for instance, you MUST make 100% sure that its Menus (windows) are all closed before you open a UT2Vote Menu, because if you dont, then when you close the UT2Vote Menu it closes "All Menus" including the other Mod's Menu's.
Now as far as the Other Mod is concerned it sees that you have not closed its windows and believes they are still open so wont let you open them again.

There is unfortunately not much one can do about this situation and its up to each modder to make sure his windows are closed when not in use by the player.

Restarting the server is a bit rough and should not be necessary and if it is then looks like you may have a third influence somewhere besides UT2Vote and UT2004RPG.

kineox

Jul 25, 2004
France
Node configuration in ut2vote

Hi, I want to know if it will be possible in a new version of ut2vote to edit node configuration of the map. It will be nice. :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This is something we considered a while back but Node configuration can get very complicated especially when "custom" Nodes come into effect so it was decided to stay away from that area - for now anyway :)

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Hi ProAsm - I finally made it to your forum :)

In this thread, I mentioned some additional options for Onslaught, Assault & other gametypes on their game options gui pages.

Basically what I mean is gui options for the following: (items in bold are defaults)

Onslaught::
OvertimeCoreDrainPerSec=20 [0-100 seconds]
bRandSetupAfterReset=True|False
bSwapSidesAfterReset=True|False

Assault::
RoundLimit=1 [1-nn pairs of rounds]
RoundTimeLimit=10 [0-nn minutes]
PracticeTimeLimit=60 [0-nn seconds]
ReinforcementsFreq=7 [0-nn seconds]

Mutant::
bEnableBottomFeeder=True|False

LastManStanding::
CampThreshold=0.000000 [0-nn seconds]
ReCamperWarnInterval=10 [0-nn seconds]
bHealthForKill=True|False
bFullAmmo=True|False

Invasion::
InitialWave=0
FinalWave=16
Waves[0]=(WaveMask=20491,WaveMaxMonsters=16,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[1]=(WaveMask=60,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[2]=(WaveMask=105,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.000000)
Waves[3]=(WaveMask=186,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[4]=(WaveMask=225,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[5]=(WaveMask=966,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=90,WaveDifficulty=0.500000)
Waves[6]=(WaveMask=4771,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[7]=(WaveMask=917,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[8]=(WaveMask=1689,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[9]=(WaveMask=18260,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=120,WaveDifficulty=1.000000)
Waves[10]=(WaveMask=14340,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[11]=(WaveMask=4021,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[12]=(WaveMask=3729,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=1.500000)
Waves[13]=(WaveMask=3972,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[14]=(WaveMask=3712,WaveMaxMonsters=12,WaveDuration=180,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)
Waves[15]=(WaveMask=2048,WaveMaxMonsters=8,WaveDuration=255,WaveDifficulty=2.000000)

Bombing Run::
bTeamScoreRound=True|False
bBallDrainsTransloc=True|False

Double Domination::
TimeToScore=10 [0-nn seconds]
TimeDisabled=10 [0-nn seconds]

DeathMatch, TeamDeathMatch & CTF::

Please also add a ut2vote page for the new instagib CTF official gametype [XGame.InstagibCTF] and vehicle CTF [XGame.xVehicleCTFGame] :)

To all game options guipages, please also add:
- a checkbox to disable overtime!!!
- SpawnProtectionTime=2.000000 (2 secs is the default but nearly everyone prefers it as 0 secs)
- ResetTimeDelay=10 [0-60 seconds] [no idea what its for though :) ]
- MaxTeamSize=5 (but only visible / enabled for team games)
- bAllowWeaponThrowing=True|False
- bAllowSuperweapons=True|False (this option only appears for some gametypes though)

Additionally, please remove the restriction on the gameclass, so we can configure multiple gametype profiles. (e.g. a ctf 2v2 / 5v5; dm 1v1 / 2v2 / 4v4 / FFA; onslaught with 'public' settings and another with clanbase settings, etc etc).

Yes - we could use the gamemake utility, but the problem with that is that your stats end up getting b0rk3d - i.e. they will get logged to 'Custom gametype' in utstatsdb and EPIC global stats.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
WOW! - gonna take a while to digest that lot - will get back to you :)
Additionally, please remove the restriction on the gameclass
Sorry this is just not possible and I have studied this in great detail to try and get around this problem as it is so interwined into the GameSetup, Admin and AdminGame Menus and configurations.
To succeed in doing this I would have to dump 75% of what UT2Vote does atm then you just end up with the standard Mapvote :)

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
hmmm ...

how about mapping the gameclasses to a profile array - e.g. split the Gametype=(...) string as follows

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",GameProfile=0)
GameType=(GameClass="XGame.xCTFGame",GameProfile=2)

[UT2Vote43.UT2VoteGameProfiles]
Profiles=10
Profile[0]=(GameName="IG-DeathMatch-1v1",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Gael",MapPrefix="DM",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?...")
Profile[1]=(GameName="IG-DeathMatch-2v2",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Gael",MapPrefix="DM",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?...")
Profile[2]=(GameName="IG-Capture-The-Flag-2v2",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Citadel",MapPrefix="CTF",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib,XGame.MutNoAdrenaline",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?...")
.etc. up to Profile[9]

So, 2 DM profiles there, i.e. 0 and 1 - where the active one is 0. The ctf profile is #2 - if that makes sense :)

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Multiple GameClasses

Ok - we debated this on our last forum before coming here and it crashed loosing all our databases so now we debate it in the public section... np :)

Lets take one senario for instance:

There are 9 CTF Games, all XGame.xCTFGame but names of 'Capture the FlagN' where N is 1 to 9

The Admin has set the DefaultGame=XGame.xCTFGame (or GameName 'Capture the Flag1' or whatever can be used here)
The game that is currently playing is another XGame.xCTFGame or its name 'Capture the Flag5'

All the players leave and UT2Vote needs to switch back to the defaultgame.

First UT2Vote needs to confirm what game is currently playing.

Remember all that UT2004 gives you for the current game playing is:

1. The GameClass which in this case is 'XGame.xCTFGame' - Level.Game.Class
2. The GameName which in this case is 'Capture the Flag5' - (provided bGameName=True) - Level.Game.GameName

BUT

Situation 1.
The Admin has set bGameName=False so now number 2 above will report 'Capture the Flag' for all 9 Games, rendering the name seek useless.

Situation 2.
The Admin has set bWebAdmin=False and made a Gameswitch from WebAdmin and UT2Vote does not know this simply because he had bWebAdmin=False and as far as UT2Vote knows the currect game is 'Capture the Flag5' or XGame.xCTFGame but in actual fact because of the 'outside' webadmin switch the current game is XGame.xCTFGame with a GameName of 'Capture the Flag9'

As some said:
You could make bWebAdmin=True and bGameName=True permanent and not variable.
True, but this will pee off many Admin and also there are otherways of switching a game externally other than Webadmin which UT2Vote cannot see, for instance:
Admin ServerTravel blah blah blah....

Remember the confirmation of the currentgame must be 100% foolproof and without a doubt.

Suggestions, idea's are welcome ?

ArPharazon

Aug 22, 2003
London
Visit site
Is there any reason why ut2vote cant read / write to the appropriate gametype settings block(s) in the ut2004 / server ini file??

If so, then ditch the command line and make ut2vote read the current gametype settings from there instead. This has the happy benefit of synchronising the settings. (one of my pet hates is seeing different settings in webadmin to what i know ut2vote is using)

For example, in the ctf scenario with 9 profiles in the ut2vote ini - treat these as presets.

Selecting any one of these profiles within ut2vote will update the [XGame.xCTFGame] section in the ut2004.ini and record the profile selection (i.e. GameProfile=3) in the ut2vote ini.

If the admin makes changes using webadmin - which obviously updates the [XGame.xCTFGame] section - thats fine and dandy - dont worry about it.

Simply add a ut2vote 'profile reset' button to restore the settings. [btw - show the profiles in webadmin too] :)

What do you think?

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Yes! I like the thought of using UT2Vote to modify the ut2004.ini games' settings, but I don't think it will pan out well with so many mods that don't use the same settings/rules/etc. For example, Deathball, Jailbreak, UnWheel... UT2Vote can't build new menus on the fly to roll with whatever is thrown at it.. Well, not yet at least.. ;)
But I hope this is something that can eventually be attained.. Makes sense that the webadmin and the UT2Vote screens should match. Perhaps the webadmin will be the one to make compromise and mirror UT2Vote.