UT2Vote21 on UT2k3 install problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

joejett

Jul 26, 2004
First we downloaded this and tested on our home windows computers and it worked great. I even made a startup bat file that worked great. But when we try to install on our production server(linux), we tried and tried and couldn't get it to work.

The symptoms were pretty much the same every time. We could join the game, the mutator was loaded and we could login to it. But we couldn't kill the bots but they could kill us, sort of. When we reached 0 health, we didnt die, we were frozen and if we continued to get shot our health would go into the negative -1000 and more.

Here is the default startup line provided by our host:
server CTF-Face3?Game=XGame.xCTFGame?mutator=?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?GameStats=True?MinPlayers=6 -nohomedir -multihome=64.37.120.181 -port=7777 -ini=server.ini -log=server.log

Here is one config we tried:
server DM-Antalus?game=XGame.XDeathmatch?Mutator=UT2Vote21.UT2Vote?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?GameStats=False?MinPlayers=4 -nohomedir -multihome=64.37.120.181 -port=7777 -ini=server.ini -log=server.log

Appreciate any ideas.

joejett

Jul 26, 2004
Errr Well there's only one version with latest patches, 2225 i think. It is the dedicated server download running on a commercially hosted linux server. I should have included the log first time. Late at night if I remember correctly LOL. Here's the only errors we get

Log: Server Package: UT2Vote21
Log: Spawning: IpDrv.MasterServerUplink
Log: Spawning: UWeb.WebServer
Log: Level is Level DM-Antalus.myLevel
Log: Bringing Level DM-Antalus.myLevel up for play (35) appSeconds: 24336124.747124...
Error: ImportText failed in: (Current=0,GameType="UT2Vote21.xDeathMatch",Title="Default DM",Maps=("DM-Insidious","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Bubbas2k3_BedRoom","DM_C5_Rhapsody_SnipeDM","DM-Bubbas_Basement","DM-BackyardBrawl","DM_C5_NoNewsIsGoodNews2","DM-Antalus","DM-Bubbas_Termoil","DM-Bubbas_Pub","DM-Inferno","DM-sHoK-Saloon-edit","DM-1on1-Crash","DM-E12","DM-Oceanic","DM-Compressed","DM-Gael","DM-BrinksVault-ExTreme-ED","DM-Omega","DM-sHoK-DinerCP-edit","DM-Plunge","DM_C5_Rhapsody1","DM_C5_Hills","DM-DE-Osiris2","DM-BarnBurner-edit","DM-LoungeDD-edit","DM-OD-thecubed[GT]","DM-sHoK-Bedroom][-TL-edit","DM-Bubbas_Storage_AlphaII","DM-Bubbas_Dance_Fever","DM-Serpentine","DM-Bubbas_BHC_Corp","DM-DE-Ironic","DM_C5_Hills_Snipe","DM-DE-Grendelkeep","DM-Phobos2","DM-Bubbas_Boardwalk","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-TokaraForest","DM-Injector","DM-Bubbas_BombingRing","DM-Leviathan","DM-Bubbas2k3_Shoot_Out","DM-Bubbas_LaundryRoom","DM-IronDeity","DM-LANmap","DM-Bubbas_SinisterCity","DM-Asbestos","DM-Bubbas_OutLaError: ImportText failed in: (Current=0,GameType="UT2Vote21.xTeamGame",Title="Default TDM0",Maps=("DM-Insidious","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Bubbas2k3_BedRoom","DM_C5_Rhapsody_SnipeDM","DM-Bubbas_Basement","DM-BackyardBrawl","DM_C5_NoNewsIsGoodNews2","DM-Antalus","DM-Bubbas_Termoil","DM-Bubbas_Pub","DM-Inferno","DM-sHoK-Saloon-edit","DM-1on1-Crash","DM-E12","DM-Oceanic","DM-Compressed","DM-Gael","DM-BrinksVault-ExTreme-ED","DM-Omega","DM-sHoK-DinerCP-edit","DM-Plunge","DM_C5_Rhapsody1","DM_C5_Hills","DM-DE-Osiris2","DM-BarnBurner-edit","DM-LoungeDD-edit","DM-OD-thecubed[GT]","DM-sHoK-Bedroom][-TL-edit","DM-Bubbas_Storage_AlphaII","DM-Bubbas_Dance_Fever","DM-Serpentine","DM-Bubbas_BHC_Corp","DM-DE-Ironic","DM_C5_Hills_Snipe","DM-DE-Grendelkeep","DM-Phobos2","DM-Bubbas_Boardwalk","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-TokaraForest","DM-Injector","DM-Bubbas_BombingRing","DM-Leviathan","DM-Bubbas2k3_Shoot_Out","DM-Bubbas_LaundryRoom","DM-IronDeity","DM-LANmap","DM-Bubbas_SinisterCity","DM-Asbestos","DM-Bubbas_OutLaScriptLog: Loading Admins & Groups
Error: ImportText failed in: (Current=0,GameType="UT2Vote21.xDeathMatch",Title="Default DM",Maps=("DM-Insidious","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Bubbas2k3_BedRoom","DM_C5_Rhapsody_SnipeDM","DM-Bubbas_Basement","DM-BackyardBrawl","DM_C5_NoNewsIsGoodNews2","DM-Antalus","DM-Bubbas_Termoil","DM-Bubbas_Pub","DM-Inferno","DM-sHoK-Saloon-edit","DM-1on1-Crash","DM-E12","DM-Oceanic","DM-Compressed","DM-Gael","DM-BrinksVault-ExTreme-ED","DM-Omega","DM-sHoK-DinerCP-edit","DM-Plunge","DM_C5_Rhapsody1","DM_C5_Hills","DM-DE-Osiris2","DM-BarnBurner-edit","DM-LoungeDD-edit","DM-OD-thecubed[GT]","DM-sHoK-Bedroom][-TL-edit","DM-Bubbas_Storage_AlphaII","DM-Bubbas_Dance_Fever","DM-Serpentine","DM-Bubbas_BHC_Corp","DM-DE-Ironic","DM_C5_Hills_Snipe","DM-DE-Grendelkeep","DM-Phobos2","DM-Bubbas_Boardwalk","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-TokaraForest","DM-Injector","DM-Bubbas_BombingRing","DM-Leviathan","DM-Bubbas2k3_Shoot_Out","DM-Bubbas_LaundryRoom","DM-IronDeity","DM-LANmap","DM-Bubbas_SinisterCity","DM-Asbestos","DM-Bubbas_OutLaError: ImportText failed in: (Current=0,GameType="UT2Vote21.xTeamGame",Title="Default TDM0",Maps=("DM-Insidious","DM-Curse3","DM-Flux2","DM-Rustatorium","DM-Bubbas2k3_BedRoom","DM_C5_Rhapsody_SnipeDM","DM-Bubbas_Basement","DM-BackyardBrawl","DM_C5_NoNewsIsGoodNews2","DM-Antalus","DM-Bubbas_Termoil","DM-Bubbas_Pub","DM-Inferno","DM-sHoK-Saloon-edit","DM-1on1-Crash","DM-E12","DM-Oceanic","DM-Compressed","DM-Gael","DM-BrinksVault-ExTreme-ED","DM-Omega","DM-sHoK-DinerCP-edit","DM-Plunge","DM_C5_Rhapsody1","DM_C5_Hills","DM-DE-Osiris2","DM-BarnBurner-edit","DM-LoungeDD-edit","DM-OD-thecubed[GT]","DM-sHoK-Bedroom][-TL-edit","DM-Bubbas_Storage_AlphaII","DM-Bubbas_Dance_Fever","DM-Serpentine","DM-Bubbas_BHC_Corp","DM-DE-Ironic","DM_C5_Hills_Snipe","DM-DE-Grendelkeep","DM-Phobos2","DM-Bubbas_Boardwalk","DM-1on1-Mixer","DM-TokaraForest","DM-Injector","DM-Bubbas_BombingRing","DM-Leviathan","DM-Bubbas2k3_Shoot_Out","DM-Bubbas_LaundryRoom","DM-IronDeity","DM-LANmap","DM-Bubbas_SinisterCity","DM-Asbestos","DM-Bubbas_OutLaScriptLog: Kick and Ban Privileges Loaded
ScriptLog: Maps & Game Privileges Loaded

Looks to me like its loading correctly but configured wrong, but I still dont understand why.

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
erm, shouldn't the gametypes be called xgame.something and not ut2vote21.something? ut2003 is long time ago, but i'd take a look at that...

how about links too your inis?

joejett

Jul 26, 2004
how about links too your inis?

dude that has passwords and everything. :mad: I dont think so :lol:

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
Hello? You DO realize you can edit the passwords out and post the ini files.. just like so many others have done before..

Looking at the log, it seems like he is on to something - that you're using bogus gameclasses and the maplists are going nuts for some reason. Sooner you show us under the hood with the ini files, the sooner you may be back up and running.

edit: Also, we need to know if you are putting changes into the linux server's server.ini or ut2004.ini since the commandlines that you are citing above indicate that server.ini is the one in use.

Last edited:

joejett

Jul 26, 2004
OK Maybe i overreacted. My apologies. We did get it working however. Not sure if this is perfect but seems pretty good so far.

This is the server startup command line we are using:

server DM-IronDeity?Game=XGame.XDeathMatch?mutator=UT2Vote21.UT2Vote? -nohomedir -multihome=64.37.120.181 -port=7777 -ini=server.ini -log=server.log

And this is the serverline= in ut2vote21.ini:

DefaultGame=XGame.xDeathMatch
ServerMuts=XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutQuadJump,NoDoubleDam.MutNoUDamage
ServerLine=?Translocator=True?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni?

I love UT2k3 but all of the coders have moved on to 2k4 so this is normal for us everytime we try to get an old mut to work that isn't supported anymore.

Thanx for your help :)

joejett

Jul 26, 2004
so what was the probleme?

Configuration of the server startup command, and then the serverline= in the ut2vote21.ini has to be precise and we were confused a little on the directions of what goes where. The directions state that the only command in the startup line should be mutator=UT2Vote21.UT2Vote? There were other items that had to go in that line and some moved to the serverline= in the ut2vote21.ini and it was mainly a matter of sorting out what went where. The end result is the solution.

I want to apologize again tdw-socke. When you said links to ini's that just seemed like a scary thought. But if you could link to it anyone joining the server by ip address would have enough info to do it. I think I was pretty brainfried after messing around with it for hours also.

But if anyone else has the same problem, at least they can see the solution now.

There goes the Last 2k3!

Last edited: