1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote removed from whitelist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotoriousBIC, Sep 16, 2004.

1. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

As you probably have heard already, this came from the powers that be:
    Will you guys react to that by removing hitsounds and brightskins etc. or are you going to just leave it as it is?

I'll be happy either way, but perhaps a 'lite' version might be a good compromise.

2. dschingis

dschingis New Member

anyone knows how big is

"smaller??"

899K would be smaller... :rolleyes:

edit: btw a nice hello to the comm. :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2004
  3. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

I read somewhere around the 250K. Will need to look it up.

4. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

WHAT THE F*CK!?!?!?!?!?!??! UT2VOTE REMOVED FROM WHITELIST?!?!?!? WHAT THE F*CK?!?!?!?!?! F*CK THESE PEOpLE DOWN AT EPIC tHE SLEEZY BASTARDS WHAT THE MOTHER F*CK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC IS SUCKING THEIR ASSES UP TO THE ***** PRO GAMERS WHO CANT STAND TO HAVE THE GAME MODIFIED IN ANY F*CKING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS F*CKING BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY F*CKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS F*CKING BULL****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO ****ING WONDER LESS AND LESS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SHOWING UP ON MY ****ING SERVER!!!! THE MOTHER****ING DILDO SUCKERS DOWN AT EPIC ****ING BLACKLISTED UT2VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** THIS!!!!!!!!! MAPVOTE ****ING SUCKS ****ING HAIRY DONKEY BALLS!!!!!!!!! EPIC EATS ****ING HOT DOGGIE CUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. dschingis

dschingis New Member

lol

first of all, try to put the windows extrem shift function out (by pressing caps lock)
    then it would be nice to use only one "!" in every sentence, then there is no need to use words, which need a star, then you can maybe talk to other people

6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yes, I received a direct email from Epic about this.
    What amazes me is UT2Vote has been around the 900k for a very long time now, and its only in 43 that it went over 1 meg - surely they could have warned us.
    Hell to players still use modems - amazing.

As for the HitSounds and WorldShaking - thats just plain dumb :(

7. hmishima

hmishima New Member

So...what are you going to do? Are you going to take hitsounds and brightskins out so you can get back on the list? Surely that could be a quick fix...maybe UT2Vote44B:)

I want my standard server status back! I know it's certainly not your fault, but I remember it was a big deal for you to get on that list in the first place.

uberbyte - spellling error in your post...there is a small 'p' in 'PEOpLE'. Don't let it happen again.

8. hmishima

hmishima New Member

Oh, and a big FU to the turd that pointed hitsounds in UT2Vote out to Dr.SiN on the Atari forums.

9. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yeah that was a disaster was it not, pity... anyway we'll see if we can get some sort of 'legal' UT2Vote out asap.

10. dschingis

dschingis New Member

is it possible to compress this in some ways????

and what i dont understand is,
    when you have ut2vote you dont need 50% of your muts (like utcomp,...)
    this makes the transferlimit less than before

and afaik is zounds also a standart server
    -> my zounds files are 3 x 2mb to load
    would interesst me if my server is a standart server...

11. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Zound is not whitelisted afaik.

How unfortunate as I may find it, there is sound logic about saying that brightskins, hitsounds and worldshake change the core gameplay and shouldn't be whitelisted.

The size thing is a bit stupid though, but wouldn't UT2Vote be much smaller without the above features?

Anyway it's great to here you guys are getting a 'white' version out :tup:

12. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

Could you use the same type of compression as the uz2 files? UT2Vote is only 210kb as a uz2. And besides I dont give a **** about the retards with dialup.

13. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

WHEN???

14. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The Brightskins, Hitsounds and WorldShake together will reduxe the mod by only about 10k.
    We gonna have to dump big things like the WeaponStats, NewMaps Menu, TopMaps Menu, Option of Tally or Image Windows, the new MidGameMenu buttons (that took a lot of code), the WebAdmin stuff (piles of code), Opinion Votes, Admin message, Chatlogs and maybe the new OtherDMPrefix as that took a lot of coding.

Its gonna be a busy weekend :)

15. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

utcomp is NOT whitelisted.

16. tuco[HaH]

tuco[HaH] InstaGib Player

Quick shot: preprocessor #ifdef UT2VOTE_LITE

Then have a UT2Vote and a UT2Vote light?

I personally can live with a UT2Vote without all of the above as there are alternative Chat Loggers and the rest you mentioned we don't really use. Not even clan match setup at the moment.

17. tuco[HaH]

tuco[HaH] InstaGib Player

Nobody answered yet if the "Standard Server" checkbox is really such a big deal. Do people actually use it? If, how many? Those that read here, could you ask your users, perhaps?

18. [HT]ÜberByte

[HT]ÜberByte New Member

No omfg I hate epic!! By MidGameMenu, you dont mean the kick and map voting buton's in the pause screen? I would really hate to see those go, they make such a difference with noobs. And keep the option of talley. And not webadmin :'( And if by admin message you mean the # sign before your text and it comes up in the middle of the screen, I would piss my pants to see that go. If by image windows you mean the map preview screen, i don't know what I would do. These are the reasons I use ut2vote and not mapvote. Striping these away would be turning it into mapvote :( I don't have any problem with getting rid of weapon stats, topMaps, opinion votes, chatlogs and otherdmprefix, but keep the things I mentioned above. Screw the *******'s that use dialup, games like this were not ment to be played on dialup.

19. Lotus2

Lotus2 New Member

Trust me, had I had any clue that would be Dr. Sin's reaction, I wouldn't have responded to him. In retrospect, probably should have seen it coming... Always kneejerk reactions.

Can't turn back time tho eh =(

20. hmishima

hmishima New Member

Yeah...Yeah...it's all good. No worries. Epic however, needs to remember, that they exist because of us, and not the other way around. Don't bite the hand that feeds. What if we admins got together and shut down our servers for the release of ECE unless the put UT2Vote back on the whitelist? Now THAT's an idea for ya.