UT2Vote & LawDogs Mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
I've gotten UT2Vote working to some extent with LawDogs Mod but am lost in some problems am having. I've installed UT2Vote both in UT2004/System and in Lawdogs/System

The problem am having is that UT2Vote doesn't display the maplists from the gametypes of Lawdogs.....below is what I have configured

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteGameTypes]
GameType=(GameName="DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=False,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="LawDogsGame.LawDogsDeathMatch",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=30?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=1")

GameType=(GameName="Team DeathMatch",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DM-Antalus",MapPrefix="DM",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="LawDogsGame.LawDogsTDM",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=50?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=False?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

GameType=(GameName="Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="LawDogsGame.LawDogsCTF",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

GameType=(GameName="Catch the Gold",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="LawDogsGame.CTGGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

GameType=(GameName="Last Team Standing",HideVote=False,Clan=True,RequiredPlayers=2,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="CTF-Chrome",MapPrefix="CTF",AltMapPrefix="",GameClass="LawDogsGame.xLTSGame",Mutators="None",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=5?TimeLimit=20?MinPlayers=1?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=True?Weaponstay=True?BalanceTeams=True?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Difficulty=5?GameStats=False?GameSpeed=1.00?FF=0?NoOverTime=False?VsBots=False?NumBots=3")

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteMutators]
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Play Faster",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutGameSpeed",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Jump Higher",HideVote=False,MutClassName="LawDogsGame.MutLDJumpFix0r",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="3rd Person View",HideVote=False,MutClassName="LawDogsGame.MutLDThirdPerson",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Big Head",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutBigHead",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Low Gravity",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="No Score Limit",HideVote=False,MutClassName="UT2Vote49.UT2VoteZeroScore",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Quad Jump",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutQuadJump",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Regeneration",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutRegen",Voted=False)
Mutator=(FriendlyName="Vampire",HideVote=False,MutClassName="XGame.MutVampire",Voted=False)

[UT2Vote49.UT2VotePackages]
Packages=(MutClassName="Whatever.MutWhatever",ServerPackages="Whatever,Whatnext")

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteMapInfo]

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteMapCheck]
CheckMap=(MapName="DM-Smallmap",MinPlayers=0,MaxPlayers=4)
CheckMap=(MapName="CTF-Hugemap",MinPlayers=10,MaxPlayers=32)

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteNewMaps]
NewMap=(MapName="DM-Whatever")

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteKickBan]
BanPlayer=(NickName="Whatever",UniqueID="4230fjj7a6cafda49fed3f4200fa97kk",IPaddrs="123.123.123.123",Levels=111)

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteGameSwitch]
SwitchToGame=(SwitchHour=12,ClassName="XGame.xDeathMatch",DoSwitch=False)

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteMapsVoted]
VotedMap=(Opinion=1,Voted=1,Map="DM-Antalus")

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteClanSetup]

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1606334

I'm assuming you changed the default lines in UT2Vote...this is a BIG no no. You need to leave those in and add new ones for Law Dogs. Check that forum for my Law Dogs configs. Everything you need should be there. If you have anymore questions or run into any problems, let me know and I'll give you a hand.

Last edited:

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
hmishima said:
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=1606334

I'm assuming you changed the default lines in UT2Vote...this is a BIG no no. You need to leave those in and add new ones for Law Dogs. Check that forum for my Law Dogs configs. Everything you need should be there. If you have anymore questions or run into any problems, let me know and I'll give you a hand.

What about the runserverbat? Currently, I have it like this.....

@echo off
:10
ucc server LDM-TombStone2k4.ut2?Game=LawDogsGame.LawDogsTDM?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni -mod=lawdogs -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10

Also, do I only place UT2vote in UT2004/system or does it also go into Lawdogs/system?

tdw-socke

Nov 21, 2003
please read the other threads dealing with mods... there is no -mod=... allowed, if you are using ut2vote.

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
UnrealProjects said:
What about the runserverbat? Currently, I have it like this.....

@echo off
:10
ucc server LDM-TombStone2k4.ut2?Game=LawDogsGame.LawDogsTDM?AccessControl=XAdmin.AccessControlIni -mod=lawdogs -log=server.log
copy server.log servercrash.log
goto 10

Also, do I only place UT2vote in UT2004/system or does it also go into Lawdogs/system?

You need to have Mutator=UT2Vote49.UT2VoteX in your command line. Definitely READ that thread, especially the ENTIRE first post. It contains valueable info in dealing with copying the lines off the forum.

If you install Law Dogs as it is supposed to be installed, your UT2Vote stuff goe in the UT2004\System folder. IIRC, you should ONLY install Law Dogs this way or you will get version conflicts when trying to connect to the server. You should instead add the approiate Path=../Lawdogs/System/*.ucl etc. paths to your UT2004.ini.

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
To reiterate the -mod= issue, only use that commandline option if you don't wish to run any other mods except the chosen one.. Depending on the mod, you may have file conflicts trying to run standard gametypes from it, but for the most part it is possible with some packageflag changes.

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
Imaginos said:
To reiterate the -mod= issue, only use that commandline option if you don't wish to run any other mods except the chosen one.. Depending on the mod, you may have file conflicts trying to run standard gametypes from it, but for the most part it is possible with some packageflag changes.

That's the only mod I plan to run on server. I did get running somewhat but the mutators and other game types for lawdogs wouldn't list. Only the default one.....and if I tried voting for a mutator or other lawdogs gametype then it would disconnect.....

For now just removed it and went back to the default mapvote. Will try again in a few days....

hmishima

Sep 10, 2004
post you complete UT2004.ini and UT2Vote49.ini's please.

Take out the passwords:D

UnrealProjects

"Your Hired!"
Apr 10, 2004
www.lawdogs-mod.com
hmishima said:
post you complete UT2004.ini and UT2Vote49.ini's please.

Take out the passwords:D

UT2004.ini

Protocol=ut2004 ProtocolDescript..."DM-Antalus") [UT2Vote49.UT2VoteClanSetup]