1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ut2Vote for Ut3??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gammo, Feb 4, 2008.

1. gammo

gammo New Member

Sorry for asking this, but I have searched high and low for an answer and if there was an announcement then I have miss it.

Are you going to develop this brilliant Mod for Ut3?

Screw Epic and their constant double speak. Sick of it. There's clans and Server Admins all over the place desperate for some control of their servers.

I'm perfectly serious when I say, your Ut2Vote for Ut2004 actually extended the life of the game well past is used-by-date and brought us and many thousands of other users much satisfaction.

Please, save this game from an early grave. I am willing to help you in any way I can as I'm sure many others are, we just need to know were you stand with it's development.

:(

2. gammo

gammo New Member

Was it something I said?

3. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL, sorry but I did not see this post.... strange, I look here every day... anyway.
    Well things are like this atm....
    1. Because of the negative feelings towards the game etc, I only just bought this game about a week ago.
    2. For code testing this game sucks big time, even with the 1.1 patch, allthough I believe a number of the items that is require is fixed in the Patch2 whenever its released, so until then nothing happens.
    3. I started modifying ServerBots3 and although I got it more or less working it has a number of serious flaws which again is due to the unfriendly code in UT3 and hopefully again some of this is sorted in the next patch.
    http://www.proasm.com/ut/sb3shots1.html
    4. So at the end of the day a hell of a lot is riding on the next patch as its going to make or break this game because as things stand atm, I'd rather go play Solitaire :(
    [rant]
    5. Last but by no means least, I need a new PC and a new graphics card (wonder how much Intel and nVidia are paying Epic) as currently my P4 2.6 gig Northbridge / 1 gig mem / 6600GTS256 is way too under powered to run this game and the code takes for ever and ever to compile and thats only ServerBots so who knows how long I will have to wait for UT3Vote to compile :D
    I'm not at all keen to spend that kind of money on another PC as currently my PC work 100% for everything I do except UT3 and its a lot of money to spend on a game that for all intents and purposes looks like it could end up in the trashcan anyway.
    [/rant]

4. gammo

gammo New Member

Dammm... I kinda knew you were going to say something like that. I was in denial.... lol

I know exactly what you mean, by this games code. I help Rypel from Rypelcam.net with his Rcam camera for the Unreal Engine and after all the work we put into it's development (I do his website stuff and BETA test) we concluded just about word for word what you say as well.

Boy we are sure dissapointed by the way things have turned out. We just can't figure out the new direction Epic have taken with Ut3, it's almost as if they don't want the widespred modding of previous Ut's to happen with the new engine.

Nearly everyone I know is holding their breath for the 1.2 patch to fix a lot of things. But I for one am more hopefull then most, since I have a vested interests in Rcam and I don't want to run a server without the power of Ut3Vote.

But I fear, due to the current player numbers, that it may already be to late.

Ps; Soz for been a smartarse in my previous post.... beign frustrated over Epics actions is no excuse.

5. Al

Al Reaper

Here's to hoping for a good map vote for UT3.

6. uSaBonez

uSaBonez New Member

any news on this??

7. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Hi,

As things stand at the moment there will be no further development for the unreal engine from us.
    Things may change though as in my case I only very recently bought a PC that can comfortably run UT3.
    We will however continue with support for UT2004 where ever we can.
    ;)

8. uSaBonez

uSaBonez New Member

bummer:(

9. Al

Al Reaper

Indeed :(