1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote and SafeGame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by {HCG}Sniper, Jan 29, 2005.

1. {HCG}Sniper

{HCG}Sniper New Member

Hello.

I have a little Question/Problem with UT2Vote togehter with Safegame.

The following occours:

Without UT2Vote enabled:
    Without UT2Vote enbaled, there are Entries from Safegame in the "Default Section" (Left Screenside),
    like "SafeGame Check" and other SafeGame Values, and in the Menuboard (Current, Default, Admin&Groups).
    Also the Entries from ServerExt RSS Feed are aviable (But thats not so importend).

With UT2Vote enabled:
    With UT2Vote enabled all SafeGame Entries in the "Default Section" are gone (The RSS Feed Entries are gone to,
    but this is not so importend), only the Entry in the Menuboard are aviable. But with this Entry i can only look in
    the Logfile and other Files writen by SafeGame. I can not change any Value from the Safegame checks.

This is not so good. Safegame is a new AntiCheat Mutator and needs a lot of working to make the Server better.
    And without Control SafeGame, when the Server is running UT2Vote, it is a hard Job (Change ServerStart.bat,
    Start Server, Change the Check Values for Safegame, Shutdown server, Change ServerStart.bat back, Start Server again).
    Is there a Way to make the Safegame Entries in the "Default Section" aviable, without disable UT2Vote or the UT2Vote
    WebAdmin Monitoring ?

Greets {HCG}Sniper

2. Imaginos

Imaginos Deathball addict?

While I don't use safegame, I use the RSS feeds and they remain available both with and without UT2Vote being active. If it disappears when you activate UT2Vote I suspect you may have a configuration issue.

Are you setting up the server and UT2Vote's ini files to make use of the mutators/serveractors properly? You can show us the config files that cause this problem and we may spot it for you.

3. {HCG}Sniper

{HCG}Sniper New Member

Ok, here the Config File

Hello.

Here the UT2Vote.ini :

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteConfigs]
    VoteAdminPass=
    ClanAdminPass=
    GamePassword=
    DefaultGame=XGame.xCTFGame
    DefServerName={HCG}Hard-CoreGamersĀ (CTF,DOM,LMSĀ Server)
    ServerMuts=SafeGame101Beta6.MutSafeGame,utcompv15a.MutUTComp,Zound47.Zound,UnrealGame.MutMovementModifier,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,XGame.MutFastWeapSwitch,ServerExt.MutRSSCentral,TA100.MutTalkingIcon
    ServerLine=
    bAllowArena=False
    bAllowMuts=False
    bAllowKick=False
    bAllowGames=False
    bNoVotePopup=False
    bDoGamePopup=True
    bColorSkins=False
    MesgTypeTime=10
    MaxPlayersIsp=17
    bAllowBehind=False
    bShowBotsKick=False
    bVoteWhenDead=True
    bWebadmin=True
    bArenaAlone=False
    bMutAlone=False
    bNoRestart=False
    bHideNames=False
    bAlwaysKick=False
    bAltSwitch=True
    bMinMaxMaps=False
    bDisAllVoting=False
    bDisServAdmin=True
    bDisOpinion=True
    bDisAdminMesg=True
    bClanServName=False
    bDisDemoRec=False
    bUseChatLog=False
    bUseChatMap=False
    bUseChatIDs=False
    bSwitchDefMap=True
    bUseRandomMap=True
    bUseUniqueID=True
    bArena=False
    bArenaAST=False
    bArenaBIO=False
    bArenaFLK=False
    bArenaLNK=False
    bArenaMIN=False
    bArenaRED=False
    bArenaROC=False
    bArenaSHK=False
    bArenaLIT=False
    bArenaAVR=False
    bArenaGRN=False
    bArenaMLY=False
    bArenaSNP=False
    LevelEndTime=16039458
    Nounce=0

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteVoting]
    bChangeVote=True
    VoteMinTime=65
    VoteMaxTime=65
    VoteStepTime=7
    VoteIdleTime=30
    GameVoteTime=5
    VotePercent=60
    GameVoteLimit=3

[UT2Vote49.UT2VoteIniOnly]
    bStandardServer=False
    bDisplayRec=False
    bSortOpinion=True
    bCheckMaps=False
    bDisMapCon=False
    bAdminAtEnd=False
    bUseGameName=True
    bDetectUTComp=True
    bSortMutsList=False
    bSortGameList=False
    bNoClientWarn=False
    BanMinLevs=0
    BanMaxLevs=99
    DefaultSwitch=3
    MapListSort=2
    WaitForLevel=90
    OtherDMPrefix=

When the other Parts of the UT2Vote.ini is needet, tell me.

Greets Sniper

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  4. frogger187

frogger187 eat. sleep. frag.

webadmin=false should enable all of your muts webadmin interfaces..(be careful though..as weird stuff can happen if you change settings included in ut2vote.ini)

5. Imaginos

Also, how are you declaring the serverpackages? Before you edited your post, I saw the [UT2Vote49.UT2VotePackages] section was empty and you used some mutators in the gameconfig lines.

6. {HCG}Sniper

{HCG}Sniper New Member

Thanks for Help

Hello.

frogger187:
    Thanks for the Info, i have apprehend that this is the Way. I have test it and it is a One Way Ticket. I have stop't the Server and Starts him new with UT2Vote bWebAdmin=false. Yet all Entries are aviable and i can change what i want. After i have finshed my WebAdmin Work for Safegame, i set WebAdmin to true, by login UT2Vote as VoteAdmin. After a Map Change all Entries are gone. So i think i can change the WebAdmin true/false so that it work for me. But by testing this, login as VoteAdmin and set WebAdmin back to false and a Map Change, the WebAdmin Entries are come not up. Hubs, whats this ? So i have take another Map Change and a Restart Map, but the Entries become not aviable again. The Entries are only aviable again when the Server whas stop't and start's new whit WebAdmin=false. A Change betwin false/true/false for the WebAdmin takes only one time a Effect, when the Value whas change to true, than the Entries where gone. A Way back are not aviable.

Imaginos:
    Yes, the [UT2Vote49.UT2VotePackages] Section is empty. Is this a bad Idea ? And not so good ? All Serverpackages they are needet are in my UT2004.ini, while the used Mutators are not Votable.

Greets Sniper

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  7. ArPharazon

ArPharazon New Member

ProASM,

Can you add a 'webadmin=true|false' parameter to the mutator definition in the 'ut2vote49.mutators' section? The purpose of this parameter is to allow the mutator to add any webadmin interfaces when the global setting 'bWebAdmin=true' - i.e. an exception mechanism.

For example, global 'bWebAdmin=true' and following mutator definitions:

[UT2Vote49.Mutators]
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="4-Way Capture the Flag",HideVote=False,MutClassName="OLTeamGames.OLCTFGame",Voted=False,WebAdmin=True)
    Mutator=(FriendlyName="TTM v10 RC4",HideVote=False,MutClassName="ttm2004v10rc4.TTM_MutMain",Voted=False,WebAdmin=True)

In this example, the two mutators listed above would be allowed to add their interfaces to webadmin when they become active. All other webadmin interfaces would be disabled / hidden by ut2vote as per normal.

Obviously, if 'bWedAdmin=false' then all mutators would be allowed to add their webadmin interfaces regardless.

8. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I see where you are coming from with what you request here but working with the WebAdmin section of UT2004 is the worst nightmare any coder could ever wish upon his worst enemy.
    The problem comes in if any particular mutators has its interface in WebAdmin is that what comes afterwards, what can this mutator do that will probably clash with UT2Vote and possibly crash the server.
    I can gaurentee you that when that happens we get jumped upon and not the author that wrote the possibly faulty mutator and UT2Vote has no way in the world of telling whats inside a mutator.
    In the beginning we tried it with a bWebAdmin= in the GameType=, in the Mutators= and eventually settled on a Global one as it just takes care of everything. :)

9. Imaginos

I have found that training your admins on the dos and don'ts of webadmin w/ut2vote goes a long way in preventing server crashes.

For example, I use bWebAdmin=false so individual mutators can be configured and custom game rules can be modified. My guys know not to add/remove muts or change gametypes/maps from webadmin. It's worked well for some time now.

10. {HCG}Sniper

{HCG}Sniper New Member

Hello.

ProAsm is right when they say Mutator can take Control and to stop this we will hide Entries in the WebAdmin. Conformed Mutators, i think, are not blocked, like AntiTCC or my XxxXESRv2h Weapon.

I can live with Stop/Start Server to works on the SafeGame Values. When the right Values are found, nothing must change again. So a Entrie in the WebAdmin is no longer needet.

Thanks for all that Help.

Greets Sniper

11. frogger187

frogger187 eat. sleep. frag.

{HCG}Sniper if i were you I would just set webadmin=false and keep it there. If you are the only admin and know to only adjust the Safegame settings you should have no problems...this will keep you from having to stop/start all the time to make changes.. If you had to do that you could just do the changes manually in the ini instead.

12. {HCG}Sniper

{HCG}Sniper New Member

Hello frogger187.

I am not the only Admin, thats the point. I am the Generaladmin, but i have CoAdmins. And with WebAdmin=True there can only change some Values in the WebAdmin, while there have nothing acces to UT2Vote.

Greets Sniper