1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2Vote and DuelGame

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NotoriousBIC, Oct 14, 2004.

1. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

I'm a bit confused about how UT2Vote and DuelGame interact.
    It seems as though DuelGame's mapvoting overrides UT2Vote's. Is that what is supposed to happen and can that be changed?

Using UT2Vote47 btw

2. groovyjoker

groovyjoker New Member

I used to run a duel server with UT2Vote and my experience was the same. My understanding is that Duel has a "mini" UTVote (mapvoting only) system built in, designed as a stand alone game that needs very little support from UT2Vote. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Well that's indeed another way to describe it. However I would like the normal UT2Vote mapvoting interface. Especially since I want to be able to use the mutator voting.

4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

The DuelGame is a "Standalone" game which in most cases occupies a server all on its own and initially was never designed to work with any form of map voting.
    These days it seems to be a favourite with voting and now does share the "stage" with UT2Vote.
    And yes, the DuelGame does take priority and so does Assault for that matter simply because of the manner of operation of those games.
    Over time the DuelGame, formally known as ProDuel which has been in existance since UT1, it has been found that any form of voting with the game is a total pain in the butt as players tend to always call for a vote when the map that the Challenger has chosen is not to their liking.
    Much was debated at the time over this and it was finally decided that voting of any description would be banned, so now UT2Vote takes a back seat when:

1. Its a DuelGame
    2. Its an Assault Game
    3. Its a Clan Match

In most cases players can still vote for a Mutator, Arena or sometimes another game.
    Making map voting an option is also not a viable proposition as this would jeopodise the functions of UT2Vote which at the end of the day is something only a very small percentage of Admins call for.

5. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Thx for the explenation ProAsm :tup:

Still UT2Vote's mutator voting window comes up empty when DuelGame is active and that's the main reason I'm asking this.

edit: oh and it seems that UTExtra is overrided too, but I haven't tried disabling DuelGame's brightskins yet.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2004
  6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

mmm then something has changed over time as Mutators and Arenas should still be votable in a DuelGame - I'll have a look at that.

Yes, DuelGame does over ride UTExtra simply because DuelGame has its own identical Brightskins and identical Hitsounds, same as DuelGame will over ride UTComp's Weapon Stats.

7. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Just a bump to ask if this issue is addressed in the upcoming UT2Vote48

8. sh0V3l

sh0V3l New Member

yes mutator voting works with duelgame in v4.8 also when voting a new gametype when playing duelgame ater the voted gametype passed the maps list were nmot showing up automaticaly this works correctly so all duelgame-ut2vote known bugs are fixed

9. NotoriousBIC

NotoriousBIC New Member

Great news :tup:

10. ArPharazon

ArPharazon New Member

ProASM,

I have noticed something weird in DuelGame40 - your opponent's team color changes randomly when using coloured dm skins. One minute they're blue, the next they're red, couple of frags later they're back to blue .... extremely annoying.

Additionally, if color skins are disabled, they still dont appear the same as they would in normal deathmatch. Looks washed out instead. [using default setting of 40 btw - which is the lowest].

11. sh0V3l

sh0V3l New Member

try turning it up to like 100 see if it stabilizes it

12. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Yes the random coloring is something UT2004 does and DuelGame does not keep track of that.
    I am thinking of making DuelGame a TeamGame again as it was in UT2003 as it solves a zillion problems.
    The Brightskins also, if you have them set below 50 then UT2004 takes over and does what it likes.

13. ArPharazon

ArPharazon New Member

thanks guys!