1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ut2k7 in the winter?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by the head, Feb 24, 2006.

1. the head

the head New Member

it was now reveled that in the end of 2005 Midway leked that ut2k7 will be released on the winter, they probably ment the 2006's yet it may be possible that they refered to winter 2007, yet don't forget that the disicion about the release of the game mainly depands on Epic.

2. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

They won't release it in U2007, if they did release it at the end of 2007 the game would be called UT2008 ;) unless they wanted to defy convention.....

I reckon Xmas 2006 is fine, but would prefer it better. So long as the game doesn't released being buggy as hell like a few recent titles *cough* BF2 *cough*

3. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Known your history, grasshopper

You mean like UT2004? That was released in, er... 2004...

4. TraCK

TraCK Amateur Sketch

I thought we weren't posting threads about stuff we already talked about. =/

5. Lethargy

Lethargy Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra

It was released very early in 2004, not at the end, and even that was just because of a delay.

6. shadow_dragon

shadow_dragon is ironing his panties!

If they meant Winter next year they would have simply said that. They wouldn't say it'll be released in the winter if they meant it could be any winter of any year.

Jsut means they'er aiming for winter this year. It's still likely it'll e delayed so, don't get your hopes up. When they aim for isn't when they release necesarily.

7. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

8. stas

stas New Member

-.- i hoped ut2007 for 2006 winter cpl...crap!Actually i think epic is working more on GoW than Ut2k7 look ut2007 website and gow website they have alot of news we have nuthing

9. the head

the head New Member

10. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

I think they have different teams working on UT2007 and GoW, stas.

I imagine they are working more on GoW at the moment though, since it's getting close to being released.

11. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

good its being released in the winter or later, more time for Epic to perfect it and add more features/more computers will be able to run it by then

12. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

.. and I'll be able to buy that X2 by then :p

13. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

They tried to release UT2k3 before winter cpl ... I'd say that ought to be reason enough for them to not make the same mistake twice. ;)

Besides ... cpl isn't the kind of audience that will make this game (or any other game for that matter).

14. klasnic

klasnic ra ra rat Putin!

September(ish) works for me so it'll get all the GOTY votes just in time :D