1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[UT2k4] Vehicles WIP's

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by Major-Lee-High, Mar 11, 2004.

1. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

now that the game is out how are those vehicles coming :D i cant wait to see them in action

2. Major-Lee-High

Major-Lee-High Im a ranter, ignore me!

Well glad you asked :) First post updated with jeep pics!!

Watched all the vehicle vtms except the coding one, im gonna wait on that untill i get the jeep skinned and rigged properly.

Worked on the jeep almost ALL day today, first day i havent played ut2k4 (so far :p) since i got the full. I deleted almost the whole thing lol, now its tri count is good 3317. Im going to add side steps still, maybee a gun although i dont think so, i may make other versions of it later though with weapons.

Its lower poly (other was 7k!!!) and looks better, plus it has everything i planned to add atm. I was shooting at 4-4500 tris so i have lots left to add with, although its right at about what the ut2k4 ones are so.

Crits welcome hehe!!!

3. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

i just cant wait to play some new vehicles :p the current vehicles are boring except for the manta.. the raptor is kinda fun, but it gets killed fairly easily IMO. the manta is fun cuz its so fast and easy to maneuver... make your helicopter easy to handle :D i want a vehicle where i can just cruise around noobin it up, running people over :p

4. Major-Lee-High

Well im not working on the heli till after i get the jeep done, im curious to how easy the heli will be too do at all.

I wanna get a bit of vehicle work under the belt before trying at all.

5. Major-Lee-High

[​IMG]

Updated with my early texture work on the wheel. I suck so i ned crits/help on it.

Its gonna be a bitch doing the whole thing >_<

6. {MåçE}

{MåçE} ma$e is back!!??

its good lookin so far, though why did you make it so brown? i think a black wheel would look better.. i guess the brown could be seen as mud or something, but what happens when you play that jeep on a snow map :p

7. Major-Lee-High

Well i woulda made it black but i looked at the hellbender wheel and it was all brown like that too, so i just tried to mimic what they did hehe.

Plus it will help make it less realistic looking, since the whole things basically a real jeep.

8. BLUUDTH|RSTA

BLUUDTH|RSTA New Member

Holy cow. Thatis looking really good MLHigh.

9. Major-Lee-High

Hope to get some more work done on it over the weekend.

10. SolaceEternal

SolaceEternal SPANK THAT TUNA

....I can't believe this died out. o__o'

...Dude. I think I can help you with this, especially with ideas and balancing. (I can also do textures, too.)

If you're still up to doing this, I'd freaking love to help.

11. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Said it once... and I'll say it again....

Games Workshop is a total beeotch when it comes to their "licensed property." I honestly don't know how the Space Marine models for UT2003 lasted so long without being pulled from the web and the creator slapped with some kind of legal action. :(

Loved their games... hate the fookin' company itself. If you start making something for 2k4 out of something from 40k... just be warned... if they get wind of it you WILL get a "cease and desist." :(

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  12. qaz

qaz New Member

Can anyone make a Hummer H2 SUT skin or model for UT 2004?
    They're similar in shape so I figure it wouldn't be too hard for you experts.
    Please? I tried other forums but they all said the H2 is ugly. Would really appreciate it if you did. :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2004
  13. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

We need a cargo raptor, able of lifting a tank =) BTW I like the GOO tank idea...