[UT2K4]Trying to get mods to show up in "User Mods" list

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CheekyDevil

Earth Assault Design Lead
Apr 24, 2004
The Pit of Dispare
dasboogles.com
My friend and I are working on getting our mod playable in UT2004. He has made a dir tree and put in all the correct .u and .ini files for doing so, and has even been able to see our mod in the "User Mods" list and ran it.
My problem is that when he sent me the files and I put them in my UT2004 dir, I didn't see ANYTHING in the "User Mods" list. I thought that was kind of odd, and then I realized that none of my mods were showing up!
I currently have Action Unreal, Alien Swarm, Jailbreak, Chaos UT, and UnWheel installed, and have played them just fine before. But now none of them show up in the "User Mods" list.
The only thing I could think of, is that my mom, for whatever reason, uninstalled UT2004, and I then re-installed it. But the mod dirs were left there, so I'm wondering if I would have to unistall and then reinstall them for them to work.
But it doesn't make sense for my mod, because I put the dir in after the new install. Isn't it as long as you have the right files, UT2004 will see that there's a mod? I even dl a test mod and THAT didn't show up either! Is my UT2004 just f**ked for some reason?

empty_other

Oct 19, 2004
Blame ActionUnreal. Somewhere in their MOD.ini file they have written something thats not legal for the UTMOD browser reader....Cant remember what...Try to check it out, if its still impossible, post the MOD.ini file and i will answer next time...