1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ut2k4 server help

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 2003/2004' started by Fayko, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Fayko

Fayko New Member

Hello i awhile back i was in a server that every 30-60 seconds sent a random msg in the server saying add this server to your favorites. Wish to join blah blah blah. and was wondering how do i do this?
    Also how do i ban in game in a demo server

2. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

1) The server was probably running some sort of mutator that does that. You won't be able to do it.

2) Log in as admin in the console, (adminlogin password) and then ban the player. (kickban playername) You will obviously need to replace password with the administrator password and playername with the name of the player you're banning.

3. Fayko

Fayko New Member

If it was some kind of mutator which i dont think it was then i would be able to find it.
    And you cant normaly kickban someone from a demo server you can ban them all you want but they can come back. theres someway to be able to ban in a demo server

4. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

It is a mutator, trust me on this. There's no way to automate text messages automatically, and since it was talking about adding the server to your favorites, it was running on the server. If you played on there, you likely have the mutator in your Cache; there's cache converters that will convert that into a file for you, unless the mutator is coded as a ServerActor, in which case, you didn't download it and you won't have it.

Kickban only works by banning by IP, I believe, but on Demo servers, it is pretty much impossible to keep players off, since all they need is a new IP and they're set. (Plus they have no cheat protection at all, so they're a haven for botters and hackers.)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2008