1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2K4 problem

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Support' started by deltantor, Jan 31, 2005.

1. deltantor

deltantor Spanking Monkeys Since 1990

ok this only started after i installed this onto a fully updated clean install of ut2k4.....when i go to click on join game on the main menu the game freezes up...........if anyone can guess whats wrong please tell me

2. -=DARCHANGEL=-

-=DARCHANGEL=- Burning in Hell and loving it!

Make sure your firewall is set to allow the game to go online - I got worried when this happend to me and found it was just waiting to be given permission to the internet. It has to 'learn' which programs can be given access and you may have to do this every time you update UT2K4

This may not be the only reason, but one that I know happened to me.

I hope this helps or at least gives a starting point.

3. deltantor

thanx but that isnt the problem......i can go online and play using xfire....

4. Birelli

Birelli meh...

If someone can point out a fix for this, I've been having the exact same problem. I don't believe it's at all Jailbreak-related though, it only started happening recently and I've had JB installed for ages. I've assumed it's some other mod I have installed...but if it's happening to you with a clean install + JB I'm probably wrong about that.

5. deltantor

new news.....

ok then.....if i get into an online game (using either a ut2004 ip link to join right in or using xfire) and then hit escape and hit server list or whatever it was called i can get into it.........but still not from main menu

6. deltantor

even more new news....

ok i found this on the problem....i DO have kerio so im trying to uninstall it and see if that works.....ill be back when i get results

edit: ok i uninstalled kerio it didnt work then i restarted my computer and it worked.....so im guessing that was the fix......im attempting to reinstall kerio now and see if it still works......hope this works for you guys!

edit2: ok i reinstalled kerio and it DID NOT work.......so i am 100% sure kerio caused the problem......for Birelli .........if you do not have kerio then it may be another firewall but attempt to get rid of the firewall and make sure to restart the computer after it is uninstalled

yet another edit: ok i found info on the problem hereand here

final (hopefully:p) edit: ok then......right clicking on the ut2k4 icon going to properties and selecting compatibility then running it in windows 98/ windows me mode WORKS! wich means you have to get rid of NOTHING!!

quick update: ok then quick note.........again........the problem is caused by ut2k4 patch 3339........so im going to email atari tech support and HOPEFULLY theyre better than cell phone tech support who thinks your a 100% total dumbass

Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  7. Birelli

Birelli meh...

Ah, nice work. I do have Kerio installed, I ruled it out as the cause because it still happened when I disabled it, but as the threads you found say the only thing that seems to fix it is a complete uninstall. I just tried the compatibility thing and it's now working again, thanks much for tracking this down :)

8. deltantor

it was no problem! im happy i was able to help........when i get some info from atari about it i will post it here

9. -=DARCHANGEL=-

Hi guys, The only reason I mentioned the firewall in the first place was because I used Kerio for about 2 hours and ditched it immediately. I don't know why it played havoc with some of my online games, but it was just very fickle. I gleaned information that it sometimes conflicted with routers and the routers firewall (if switched on)

Don't get me wrong, it is a good FW, but relies heavily on the manual set up of internet access and permissions and some ports just don't get opened even if you tell, demand, threaten with extreme violence or even ask nicely.

It particularly hated Freelancer and you couldn't [ALT]+[TAB] to drop into desktop to adjust it there and then.

I contacted KPF about this problem over 12 months ago and had no reply.

I now use McAfee AV and FW and it 'does me fine'.

Glad your problem is solved.

10. deltantor

lol i just got a new problem with kerio......i start downloading something and kerio sucks up all the resources....

11. -=DARCHANGEL=-

I would like to ask if you are using Kerio version 4.1.2?
    I quote this from another website:-

Just dump Kerio for now and find another FW my friend - It will save a lot of hassle in the future until they resolve the problems, then I may go back to using it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005