1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[ut2k4] Artillery Turret

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Call me Erdrik, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Call me Erdrik

Call me Erdrik Arch Mage

I made an Artillery Turret, for a Onslaught map I'm making and it works well enough ( still need to tweek the camera locations and make a like pit for the player to sit in), but I seem to have a narsty problem. Once I enter I can't exit...
    I subclassed ONSStationaryWeaponPawn, and added a little code:
    Code:
    function beginplay()
    {
         gunclass = class'myArtilleryCannon';
         Super.beginplay();
    {

and thats all I did. I don't get why my turret would have this problem ...

Any ideas?

2. Wulff

Wulff Bola Gun fun anyone?

That code isn't really needed, remove it, and it should work just fine, you can fill in the gunclass in the defaultproperties. Also, can you give a snippet of the logfile to see, if its not possible to narrow it down with that(in case it isn't the code).

Code:
    DefaultProperties
    {
    Gunclass= class'myArtilleryCannon'
    }

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004