ut2k3 and ut2k4 color

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chupa

Dec 18, 2003
It's been a while since i've been here, used to roam around here under the nick Shin. anyways that's not important, the fact is that I don't wanna seem like a newbie telling you what you should do :p. but I got a suggestion for the site as I stumbled upon the problem myself, and I bet a few others aswell.

Each gametype has its own color mapways, UT has yellow, U2 has red and ut2k3 and 4 have a blueish font. Now it's very hard for me to make out a difference between the last two colors, so maybe it's an idea to choose another color?

It's not only for the likes of me, but also for people with bad sights or even colorblind people out there.

just my 2 cents! :)

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
You suggest that we change ut2k3 and ut2k4? I think they are very different, but could see the issue the guy in the other thread had. He was concerned about UT and ut2k4 as they are yellow and white... hard to tell the different between them on some video cards.

Ut2k4 is a whiteish color, not bluish.

Anyways, in either case, I am willing to change the colors but no one has suggested new colors yet.

Chupa

Dec 18, 2003
MassChAoS said:
Anyways, in either case, I am willing to change the colors but no one has suggested new colors yet.

suggestions:
pink
green
wheat

Just to name a few :rolleyes:

AMmayhem

Mayhem is everywhere
Nov 3, 2001
NaliCity, MI
Visit site
UT2003 is a light blue. UT2004 is white. We could leave UT2004 white, and maybe go with some sort of green. Probably something bright so it doesn't blend with the background. Such as lime possibly or maybe pale green.

Chupa

Dec 18, 2003
AMmayhem said:
R: 44
G: 107
B: 49

I believe that's the right color, might be too dark for what we're looking for, I don't know....

yeh it is too dark. The pale green color, which ammayhem and me suggested where much better imo :)

Twrecks

Spectacularly Lucky
Mar 6, 2000
In Luxury
www.twrecks.info
MB we could save the green for UT2005?
2003 seems like a dead horse, the blue will fade away.
Problem with colors, there will always be someone out there who doesn't like it, main thing is to please the coder.

Chupa

Dec 18, 2003
ut2005 is coming???? man what the hell is epic doing, ruining all the games they make?

MassChAoS

echo "NaliCity";
May 23, 2002
www.chaoticdreams.org
I haven't forgot abou this, just haven't got around to doing it... though I'm wondering if ut2k3 should just be changed to another color like dark grey or something and save the pale green (or NC green-ish color) for the next epic game. Thoughts?