UT2k3/4: Taunts takin out?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant1991331

Current UT99 Pro....... at school
"You're worse than Mark Rein!"
"You're almost as good as Cliffy B."
"You shot my a**!"
"You d*ck!" - Dosent the Gen' Mo kai usally say that?
"You shot my bum!" - Male Mercenary and Female Alien...
"Oh no you did'nt!"
"Talk to the hand!"
"Go long"
"Target eliminated" - Sounds funny...

All these sayings are from the Juggernaut, why werent they used? They would've been a good addition to voices XD

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Because they're embarassing to even hear, let alone "say" to somone else? I found those a long time ago and could only stand to hear them once... If you really want them, there's a voice pack out there that adds them back in. Also, there are three unused voice packs that are almost as insufferable (the two human ones are obnoxious, but the Alien one is descent enough) you can find those under the names Crazy Guy, Alien Male, Female Merc 2.0, IIRC

I much preferr the way they did insider jokes in UC2:
Pathfinding!
bSpammer=True

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Isn't "Target eliminated." from Starcraft?

"You dick!" would be spammed right next to "n00b" way too much. The others just suck.

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
It might be in StarCraft, but it was also in Classic UT.

The default Alien VP already has "You dick." I think the Nightmare selection of that VP also has it.
--
"We are in the pipe, five by five..." favorite StarCraft line, 'cause it's also in Aliens... ^_^

Last edited:

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
I like the alien male 2k4 (I actually use it, though anti-tcc has a hissy fit) but I agree that the other two are bad.

As for the individual taunts..
"You're worse than Mark Rein!"
"You're almost as good as Cliffy B."

Most people don't know the guys who actually worke don the project, much less their histories, so I doubt most would get these.

"You shot my a**!"

I believe this actually is (or at least was in UT2003) for when the Jugs died.

"You d*ck!" - Dosent the Gen' Mo kai usally say that?

yes, that is a default alien/nighmare taunt

"You shot my bum!"

Never heard this one, but it sounds weird...

"Oh no you did'nt!"

I can't imagine this as a taunt, maybe a death phrase.

"Talk to the hand!"

This one is used by the GMK/nightmare

"Go long"

Don't think that's a taunt, I think it was meant as a voice command for bombing run.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
GotBeer? said:
Isn't "Target eliminated." from Starcraft?

"You dick!" would be spammed right next to "n00b" way too much. The others just suck.
I used to bind "you dick" to a button then "sucker!" on the release :D. And I would have the alien female voice with Jakob, or Gorge as a model :lol:

I was a pro spammer :)

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
briach said:
I used to bind "you dick" to a button then "sucker!" on the release :D. And I would have the alien female voice with Jakob, or Gorge as a model :lol:

I was a pro spammer :)

Please don't give Klasnic ideas.

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
The only thing is, when playign multiplayer the taunts ahve a delay imbetween so they don't sound as fluid as in singleplayer. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but that is how I remember it to be. Maybe a patch changed that?

Also I think I also might ahve added a "Blow me" in before "you d*** su**er" aswell, but I'm not sure if all those taunts are in a single default voicepackage. Maybe if bounded a voice change along with the taunt. But I'm pretty sure that wouldn't pass online, but it might work singleplayer :) Anyways, I'm sure Nereid will find out. He's good with .ini stuff.

Last edited:

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
Since it kindof matches the thread subject.

Here is an mp3 -=sneaky[usb] made with ut2k3 character taunts, a long time ago. [Not Safe for Kids or Work](just like ut2k4) ;) please right click save

Attachments

• ut2k3.mp3.zip
    924.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
Is that "right between the eyes" bit? I can't keep from thinking of that whenever i hear that taunt, now, it's added a whole other level to the game... well, that and the secret on DM-Junkyard...