UT2007 trailer on IGN

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
One of the things I noticed near the end of the trailer was that you can gib dead bodies like you could in UT99. It's around 1:09 in the vid.

At scene 0:45 it looks like dual power cores.
At scene 0:26 looks like a new female player model.

Well so far I've seen the Shock Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Dual Enforcers, and the Link Gun.
Have yet to see the Sniper Rifle/Lightning Gun, Chain Gun, Flack Cannon (in action), and the Bio Rifle. Also noticed the lack of Adrenalin (is it included or did the get rid of it?).

....man I need to get back to work :)

In-The-Jungle

May 4, 2006
Excellent find. Thank you.

The Darkwalkers look wicked in combat. I'll definetly freeze a couple times when I see those come out of nowhere.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Flak is in there, here's the smiley face:
flak1ic.png

Bio was in the other gamespot video, you can see green goo on the floor. I'm sure the chain gun/stinger is in there somewhere too, but you just can't tell.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
os][ris said:
i remember them saying they got rid of adrenaline.

Adrenaline is stupid, beside in gametypes like VCTF maybe. Since almost all of them are usefull, i've only seen like 3 people online use the berserk and speed combo.

Kantham said:
Adrenaline is stupid, beside in gametypes like VCTF maybe. Since almost all of them are usefull, i've only seen like 3 people online use the berserk and speed combo.

It doesn't really matter one way or the other to me as the only time I used it was "Speed" in CTF.

Thanks Beergut! Ahh yes, the smiley! I've seen that many-a-time.

os][ris

May 10, 2006
at 00:47 you get a real good view of how far dodging will take you.. You can see the person you are fighting dodge to the right (his right). Looks like they have the distance perfect.

Sorry for reposting if someone already pointed this out.

->Sachiel<-

Jul 24, 2005
The Leviathan did seem quite fast, kinda scary really

As for the....type of trailer they're making, you guys are reading too much into it. If they showed advanced gameplay there wouldn't be a problem, nOObs wouldn't even notice it, they'll probably only see the flashy sections anyway. Now they didn't show advanced gameplay and that doesn't matter either because all the pros already know it's in there plus its impossible to attract pros to a game since if you're attracting someone new to play a game, that already implies that he/she haven't played it before and will therefore be a nOOb. We were all noobs at one point. (sorry for the poor sentence structure, I'm tired).

Last edited:

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
->Sachiel<- said:
The Leviathan did seem quite fast, kinda scary really....
The increased speed coupled with the different turret types might actually mean that the Levi. gets used in a game as intended (with all turrets manned) rather than simply ignored because it's way to slow.

I'm guessing that the main cannon has been tweaked a bit and it's probably a little easier to kill this tome around as well to balance it out.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
In the video the levi's shooting out Rockets with the deployed cannon, thank god, no more huge a** shock combos from the levi!

XeroWolf

Unreal Ninja
Jan 21, 2006
Grenada
I wish we could have seen the redeemer or the painter gun in action. I'd love to see the new effects for them.

Last edited:

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
I love the new spawn effects they look so cool compared to Ut2k4 & even BF2 lame spawn effects (funny thing is they don't have any effects):lol:

Popomundo

Popomundo
May 16, 2006
England, woot.
I like the look and shape of the new torlan shown from 0:29 to 0:31 in both blue and red bases, and from 0:56 to 0:58 with the new spma. It looks much more like a corner defence cut into a rock face, giving it a much more impenitrable feel.

The vehicles all look pretty good with movement and aesthetics. From the new strength of the Leviathon I have a feeling that it will be used more for certain objectives, and will spawn at a slower rate. It really does look like if you have the leviathon you are pretty much going to crush everything. I would guess that it will need to be used in a more tactical fashion than just pick up and charge, but you never know :).

All this video has done is made me want to see more. Damn my intrigue.