1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2007 trailer on IGN

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by DeathBooger, May 17, 2006.

1. Einstijn

Einstijn DutchDude

WICKED SH!T :D
    although the secundairy schock looks a bit weird

the vehicle u see at 00.11 and 00.56 looks very cool though
    like a deployable artilery tank or something, not leviathan i believe

at 00.33 u see some flying vehicle and u hear the sound of someone capturing your flag
    dont know if vctf was already confirmed ?

btw i noticed xbox 360 version at ign http://search.ign.com/products
    but i know i know as long as epic doesnt say so there isnt i know :p

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  2. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

I just hope we will get to see the game as it's really played soon. This trailer will probably just turn people off from the game. I mean people already think that UT is just about running straight forward, keeping the firebutton pushed down so that you can spam rl/flak... which is what they are doing in this trailer... I can't belive that they are still showing the most boring part of the game and expect people to get excited... give us prediction rockets, trickjumps, nicely executed moving combos, etc etc that might give people the right image of what UT is about...

That said the game has great potential, it's just sad that many will not see that from a trailer like this :/

3. Rain 9.0

Rain 9.0 Covert Ops

"Showed to n00bs, played by n00bs"

Pretty graphics and mindless action is what attracts new people, I guess.

4. Einstijn

Einstijn DutchDude

i think 75 % of ut2k4 players doest give a darn about that

most of them just frag and dont really think about it

5. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

Most of them that suck.

6. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

Even if 75% doesnt arent impressed by it they will not hate to see it either... as it is know they are making trailers that might attract one part of the community instead of making a trailer that might attract both... just seem rather stupid... I wouldnt want to portray my game as a run and gun shooter without any sort of depth when it really is the exact opposite...

7. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

OMG We are not apart of the majority!?!?!

They never show us exactly what we want to see, becaues they already know we are buying the game. I will have spent 500$ in video equip alone by the time I have the game... the title is peanuts.

8. Shadowhaxor

Shadowhaxor FraGGing your A$$ east to west.

9. Einstijn

Einstijn DutchDude

lol nice

although that site looks very much like unrealtournament2007.com ;)

10. Smood

Smood New Member

Nosnos... this is essentially a similar game with all new content. In a fast paced trailer like this they want to focus on rapidly demonstrating the new content as well as style/flow of the game. The more advanced things would better be reserved for a gameplay movie where brief flashes of footage constantly switching is not essential.

Although I appreciate trickjumps and mid-air combos... I think in terms of expanding the community they are showing the correct things (mainly great and powerful new vehicles... especially leviathan). Obviously they know more experienced players such as yourself will be coming back no matter what... so they focus on showing the most 'explosive', 'fast' and 'in your face' footage they can while gameplay footage would better accomadate advanced play.

Hey Einstijn... that is the SPMA. :) Thanks for the video btw.

On another note... is it just me.. or did the darkwalker make a noise? Like a groaning as if it were alive?!

11. Shadowhaxor

Shadowhaxor FraGGing your A$$ east to west.

Yah, just a place holder since I killed the orginial site 2 years ago. Trying to rebuild it asap but the right way as well. Think of it similar to cainslair, will just be running UT servers and offering downloads and the such. I leave the news to the big boys like Beyondunreal.com ;)

12. UnrealGrrl

UnrealGrrl Enemy flag carrier is Her!

well i think they could do both...

you would imagine by now that they realize experienced players want to see more intricate gameplay maneuvers and features. i dont know why after all this time and with the tech and $ to do it, they dont make more creative trailers for FPS games and instead think it needs to show like a hollywood movie ad. gamers (and general consumers) would be just as wowed by some more detailed gameplay and they could still stick in the cheesy voice overs and mega explosions to get the attention of the braindead masess :)

the trailer looks great but i agree - itd be nice to see something more geared toward players (instead of a player standing there watching vehicle whiz by) and hopefully we will as the year goes on...

13. truegamer

truegamer New Member

Clearing a couple things up...

the not trick-jumping and doing fancy things in the videos and demonstrations has already been discussed. It has come down directly from Epic that they don't show these things because it makes the game look over-complicated to people who have never played Unreal before. Not trick-jumping and such during demonstrations and trailers increases the market for the game.

Additionally, can shock combo's combo each other? Check out the trailer at the 53 second mark... you see two combo balls, the top most of them gets shot and they bth explode, though you don't see a beam hit the other one...

[edit] nevermind, I'm dumb. I just watched it slowmo and you see a second beam.

14. nuttella

nuttella Scare

I don't see how this is true. It looks cool, and if you've never played the game, you can't tell from watching it that it's difficult or complicated. They should show it.

15. Sirius

Sirius Meh

WooHoo!

[​IMG]

Couldn't resist :D

16. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

He was talking about Epic's reasoning for not showing advanced gameplay like dodging and 180 spins to shoot people. They didn't show it because moving really fast on a giant screen could get nauseating for some people, motion sickness. They didn't want barf in their booth.

17. truegamer

truegamer New Member

The player flying from one side of the room to the other seems out of place among other games where such a feature isn't enabled. It makes the player think, "Wait... what?"

See, you wouldn't be able to see that perspective all too well because you, along with countless others, have become acustomed to dodging and tricks in game. Before UT2004, I never played online at all because I had a satellite Internet connection (since dialup was our only option), so I was never exposed to trick-jumping and dodging until I got the SuperBots mutator for UT2003. After I saw what they were doing, I looked into it in some frag videos and was opened to a whole new dimension of UT gameplay.

Personally, if I had seen all that movement and not known what it was, I would've taken the game less seriously.

I got chills when I saw that in the trailer...

18. Smood

Smood New Member

The problem with the creativity in new a title in the series is that you generate conflict in your media. You have all new content battling 'tricks' and advanced gameplay. What they want to do at this point is showcase what they have done at the most fundamental level since the last iteration of the series. This is what that video accomplishes.

I also agree with the game maybe looking over complicated specifically by showing more advanced movements and actions (ie. wall jumps, mid-air combos etc). Although new players who haven't played any unreal games do not know 'what is complicated for the unreal series' they know the basic formula of an fps. So if they see the basic movement shooting and fighting then that is something they can relate to, meanwhile the insane graphics, powerful weapons and great models show them what this 'fps' has at a fundamental level.

Now iam not saying they shouldn't show anything new or innovative.. they must if they hope to attract players... but I agree with their strategy of pushing the new content in brief flashy trailers like this... while reserving the true innovation for gameplay trailers.

Edit... the above 2 posts make some great points that reflect what I' am saying.

19. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

Motion sickness is the most bs excuse I've ever heard for anything. However I agree that seeing advanced movement could confuse newbies unless someone explained exactly what was happening. Everything on screen suddenly lurching six feet to the left... :p

That being said, I really wanna see some advanced gameplay footage. :( Epic must know that we want it. They're probably holding out on us because they know that 75% of the community will bitch about anything they're shown.

20. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

On a sidenote, it's nice to know there's a Dremora Churl announcer. :/