ut2007 preview - hyper

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
It's one of Scorpion's (Teh banana colored ninja, not the LOL Vehikal) fatality ending moves.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
aah. I've heard people talk about it for ages, and all I could think of was "hey, that's not the skorpian, that's teh rapter?.."

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
Fuzzle said:
Man, I hate the current shield sound myself, but only because I associate it with getting frustrated.
Nothing like landing 4 consecutive shock primary hits and all you hear is "pish! pish! pish! pish!" followed by the shield gun's "doooooooo" as he runs away.

Not too sure on the helmet pickup either. It sounds more gimmicky and something you would make in a mod, and not really something that comes out of the box. Also the use of it as you guys already said, would be more frustrating for the attacker than it would be satisfying for the attack-ee. I can't imagine myself going "YEAH! I got the helmet pickup!", but I sure as heck can imagine myself going "F* SAKE! That would have been a friggen headshot!". Poor tradeoff imo.

It all depends though. Does it "reduce" headshot damage or prevent it entirely, does the helmet get removed when you get headshot, does it last for 15 seconds or 5 minutes, and all that stuff.
I wonder if it has a visual indicator. I can't see it actually being shown on your character which would be kinda lame, considering how each character is so widely different, not to mention custom ones.

Correct me if Im wrong but I thought they were going back to armor and thighpads and things like that. So couldn't the helmet be one of those where it might reduce headshot damage by 50% but as it is hit it loses armor points? That way after a few headshots (1 or 2, somewhere around there) it would be gone anyway.

I think they're going for models having their own heavy armour, thigh pads, jump boots, and helmet models. Sounds bitchin'.

EDIT: **** bitch slut whore <- k I was wondering why bitchin wasn't censored and it seems bitch, slut, and whore aren't censored.

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Olga said:
I think they're going for models having their own heavy armour, thigh pads, jump boots, and helmet models. Sounds bitchin'.

EDIT: **** bitch slut whore <- k I was wondering why bitchin wasn't censored and it seems bitch, slut, and whore aren't censored.
Lol that statement with your avatar, is hilarious. :lol:

Monster w/ 21 Faces

Dear Dumb Police Officers
Apr 30, 2006
England
Berrets are not bulletproof.

Olga said:

It's going to be awsome if we can see what armour people are actually wearing.

Last edited:

BadAss84

BadAss[zero]
May 21, 2003
UK
A helmet? :con:

I'd have to see how that was implemented, sounds like an odd thing to add.

In-The-Jungle

May 4, 2006
Cool, thanks for the previews. Sounds good to me, except there's still one thing I don't like; the way the link gun no longer uses the energy string. :(

As far as the helmet goes, I imagine all it does is give you a second chance at escaping a headshot. You get a headshot, half of whatever health you have disappears, the helmet is destroyed. You get hit again, you're dead. Sort of like, a double headshot. Sounds cool, actually.

Last edited:

toniglandyl

internal data fragmentation : 62203480%
Jan 20, 2006
diceedge.blogspot.com
maybe like the pariah helmet. IIRC, it would avoid a headshot with the helmet flying after, but other weapons could take the helmet off, like the machinegun. So basically we could shoot with the stinger or enforcers to make the helmet fall, then you just headshot him. (but i'm not sure if it's really that way in Pariah)

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Locational armor sounds ok to me. Plus you'll need a helmet in case you fall off your hoverboard.