1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2007 Article Yields New Details

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, May 27, 2005.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

The latest issue of PC Zone UK features a blowout on Unreal Tournament 2007 that features some terrific high-res assets and yields some interesting new details:

Feigning Death is back!
    All maps will stream - not just Conquest. You'll be able to chat and strategize even as levels are loading up. Teams should stay set between rounds.
    Hoverboard may include a grappling hook to attach to other vehicles.
    Possible deployables (no gametypes specificed) such as a semi-solid Jelly Shield that will allow you to block entrances or trap others in, Spy Robots, Automatic Turrets.
    A possible "insectoid" walker-vehicle.
    Conquest gametype will include Tarydium resources - but will not slow down gameplay.
    Survival gametype "sort of a 1 on 1".
    Level-specific "superweapons" such as a collapsing roof, broken dam, earthquakes, falling boulders. (no gametype specified)
    The most focus being placed on DM and CTF - getting just right.
    The UT2007 name may change: "...at the moment we're calling it UT2007, but that could change. We might not do numbers.”

If you live in the UK, I'd rush right out and buy the mag as it is packed with art and details. We can't post the scans of the article, but we've cropped out a nice pic of the new Manta (right). Thanks Selerox!

2. [IMD1]KillRoy

[IMD1]KillRoy Suck my boomstick!

Okay, this is it, I want it NOW!!!!

3. Blaaguuu

Blaaguuu taunt pthrust

hehe, pretty happy to hear feign death is back. but im sure tehre will be a mutator to disable it, since it kinda weird, and i see why they removed it for 2k3/4.

my favorite thing listed there is the map streaming!

and im interested to hear more about the "survival" gametype. maybe soemthign where everyone is in a queue of sorts, and 2 people fight at a time, and when someone wins, then next player is spawned to try to kill him... could be cool :D

4. Jackal

Jackal Crapass

2k7 is sounding a bit more like XMP each time they release "new" details. all of us XMP'ers knew it was coming...XMP > *

5. flo0tz

flo0tz New Member

woot focus on ctf/dm!

6. .:42:.

.:42:. New Member

what is feigning death?

7. .:42:.

Well...sounds great!

8. hal

UT had the feign death feature. You pressed a key and your body fell to the ground giving you limited camera movement. You could stand back up by pressing the same button, presumably to let your opponent pass by and allow you to attack him from the back.

9. Nosnos

Nosnos Nali

The focues on DM/CTF sounds awesome... want to see some movies from those gametypes and not just conquest/Onslaught

10. hal

Actually, they removed it from 2k3/2k4 because the ragdoll physics would not allow you to regain control of your player once it took over. The new physics will. :)

11. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Ubersneaky

It's basically a way of "playing dead". So if you get shot, you can hit a key and "feign death" - basically slump to the floor, but while still alive. Your enemy might get tricked into thinking he's killed you, and walk off. Which is when you get up and shoot the sucker in the back :D

The new physics in UT2007 mean that will probably be a more useful feature in UT2007 than in the original UT.

12. .:42:.

sounds fun :)

13. .:42:.

Thanks

14. [IMD1]KillRoy

[IMD1]KillRoy Suck my boomstick!

Now I only hope they will add the 'shoot the dead bodys till they explode' feature.

It pretty much has to come with the feign death feature imo, Otherwize you would never be sure if the 'body' is still a live!

15. NeoNite

NeoNite Eternal sunshine

If he/she is a newbie,they'll walk by or think you're dead.

You know what I did when I saw a body lying on the floor? Always? Shoot it.

Hey, and if it's a dead body it's so much fun gibbing it :D

16. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

Does this mean no more loading times between maps?

17. Shambler[sixpack]

Shambler[sixpack] New Member

Bring back the beamer! (Hal knows what I'm talking about :p)

18. Blaaguuu

Blaaguuu taunt pthrust

my assumption is, when the game actually switches maps, it will take time to load the map, but you will remain in the current map (probably frozen in place, but able to chat) until the new map is loaded, rather than starign at a black screen for a minute...

but there wont be any load times if you physicaly move between 2 of the segmented maps

19. Kalibrate

Kalibrate New Member

Perhaps predictive-loading.
    Could it be that as you start walking towards the new map area you cross a 'tripwire' which starts loading the next map ready for when you actually cross over? Just an idea that crossed my mind.

20. Dragon_Myr

Dragon_Myr New Member

Feigning death was fun :D Until the enemy figures out that people faking still have their names flash up on the screen when you target them. :( A dead body doesn't do that.