1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT2007: 11 Things Epic needs to do right.

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Dark Pulse, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

It is gone, but I'm sure somebody will remake it.

2. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Village Idiot

Sure hope so... I mean hey, the UT99 sniper rifle kicked ass, but the 2k4 version? Complete crap...

3. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Coffin has been nailed down and grave is being dug...

The UT99 SR was the biggest pile of overpowered crap in FPS gaming. Most UT players think so, and so do Epic. The UT99-style SR is dead.

4. K.N.I.F.E

K.N.I.F.E Dressed in Pink

Awsome looking necri? Screenshots now!

5. K.N.I.F.E

K.N.I.F.E Dressed in Pink

I think the shock riffle and the lightning gun should have sex and make the new sniper.

AKA a high powered shock riffle with a scope and half the ROF

6. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

So it should be a sniper rifle, launching a bullet, with a batterie inside :p?

7. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Why not make a supersnieprrifle, which launches kamikaze warcows.

1) It's a sniperrifle, it's super, but not hitscan.
    2) You have time to run for your life.
    3) The warcows explode, but it's not nearly as bad as half a deemer explosion.
    4) Nostalgia! The warcow's comeback.

Talk about brilliant ideas, right!

8. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

Map imbeddable superweapons ftw!

9. malaymishra123

malaymishra123 New Member

lol

this theread has been going on for too long

i motly play UT99
    And Sniper Camper at that;)

AND IT IS SAFE TO SAY: THERE IS NOT ONE SINGLE SNIPER SERVER THAT USES THE ORIGINAL UT SNIPER RIFLE

IT SUCKS, ITS WAAAY TO SLOW---Manual that is...takes tooo much time to reload.....IT IS DEAD as said above...\

i also play sniper/camper in 2k4 as well as onslaught, i cant play Rng as i usually have a ping of abt 230 or so :(

Now it is true the hitscan thing ur talking abt...

and the supersniperrifle thing rocks

HOW EVER....snipers will obviously use their own made sniper rifles....

the 2k4 sniper rifle is just prettier but the same by me...again, no sniper server even in 2k4 uses the original sniper rifle they make their own or mostly use the zark modified so that it dont shoot fast WHILE running...

so i think the sniper rifle shud remain the projectile thing and not a hybrid, as the sniper rifle is a classic, no battery thingy could ever replace it...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  10. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

Indeed.

But DP's suggestiong of a cone for the ltg, that' just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Let's make a game that's quite random already, even more random and luck based. It would give UTComp an even bigger reason to be made for 2k7. ;c

11. Selerox

It'll happen...

I'd put money on UTComp being made for UT4 anyway.

12. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Because we all know that a game without glowstick brightskins, super audible hitsounds, and enhanced netcode (since the community knows how to write netcode better than Epic) is definitely NOT a fun game!! :p

13. Selerox

Lights, Sound, Action

Well, for me, some kind of enhanced brightskins were needed, but not glowstick style. The "enhanced" Epic skins are just about right IMO, they're visible, clear, but not over the top at all.

As for hitsounds, I have no problem with them at all, and tbh I'd like to see them in UT4. I'm fully expecting Epic to bounce that idea, on the grounds that it's a "cheat", despite the fact that lots of people like them, and that many, many other games use either hitsounds or hit indicators.

Netcode bites. End of story.

14. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

:) I always agreed with the Epic Brightskins patch, but have been against the whole idea of UTcomp/TTM from the beginning. A simple mutator with a warmup mode and some kind of advanced voting menu would have been better competetively (hitsounds are left out, imo, on purpose. Why should you get an audible indicator that you just shot someone from across the map? And the regular hitsounds are fine from close up, IMO).

15. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

Who needs vehicles, when you have a turbo accelerated minigun?
    Only available when tapping left-left-left-right, up-down-left-right,down and delete.

Attached Files:

16. Trynant

Trynant Manic Brawler

How about for hit sounds the sounds that people make when they're hit? It would be so fun! Why didn't anyone think of it before, like in Unreal Tournament? Oh wait...

And glowsticks are fun...when playing say Katamari Damacy. I'll pass on a yellow/green/blue/red turd shooting me in a grimy industrial ruin.

17. briach

briach ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ

Agreed. More umphs and uaahs, please.

Also more sizzle when people catch on fire.

18. Hazel.H

Hazel.H Member

Good points there :) :tup:

I have to disagree with #11. Ok people who brag about their fancy systems and framerates annoy me too, but I just ignore them. Preventing access to settings is wrong, I think people forget there are gamers who have medical conditions - major and minor ones - and need to change their controls, display or audio settings. Why take away something so basic?

19. BmB23

BmB23 Take a pick!

Leave em alone... every ****ing single time gamedev's listen to fans (too much that is) their game sucks.

anyways, I'd like to see photorealistic graphics... Unrealistic realism rocks! I dont want anymore cartoon graphics or hand-drawn textures. (they actually look like that) I want stuff that could be passed for real. Things that look as if you could touch it if there wasnt a screen in the way. Make the things themselves however unrealistic and phsycko you want... but keep the look and feel of it real. This is achieved through: Textures, The atmosperic effect, Nice consistent shadows.

20. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Spend 3 years getting the textures right and you might still have some time to mock up a game for them!