1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Other UT2004 Vampire Invasion mutator for Invasion & Vehicle Invasion

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by ddraigcymraeg, Jan 3, 2016.

1. ddraigcymraeg

ddraigcymraeg gk

Hi,
    Decided to play some UT2004 over the holidays and ended up creating a small mutator that alters both regular Invasion and the Vehicle Invasion mod, that others may enjoy.
    Title: Vampire Invasion Mutator for Invasion & Vehicle Invasion
    Version: 1.2 (1.2 fixes scoreboard for multiplayer clients)
    Description: A small mutator for UT2004 which optionally awards players health for monster kills, and optionally allows for players to respawn right after death to keep playing, only suffering the -10 points penalty. It also optionally disables vehicle run over damage for monsters which used to make Vehicle Invasion trivially easy. Squash damage can still be applied when a monster is squished against a wall (see Notes section in the readme). These values are configurable (see Configuration section in the readme).
    This mutator is influenced by the .oWo.TallyHo! mutator ( http://www.moddb.com/mods/tallyho ) for Unreal Tournament which arguably influenced Epic to create Invasion for UT2004. TallyHo! awarded health for monster damage which made the game play very intense (harder waves + more monsters!!), it also allowed players to quickly get back into the action after a death which only incurred a points penalty.
    Author: ddraig
    Other stuff worked on: ScoreDoom (Doom source port), Killing Floor mod, UT2004 Systemic Mech mod conversion and more: http://scoredoom.com/bhapo.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  2. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

Nice idea.
    I am always up for a bit of vampirism.
    Never got my head around TallyHo as i was already using a bunch of mutators and it just confused me.

3. ddraigcymraeg

ddraigcymraeg gk

TallyHo is basically damage & kill monsters for points in individual games or in team games (as a team) until the time limit is hit. It sometimes wasn't compatible with other mutators like the runes one for UT. There are a lot of sounds and messages in it which probably made it a little confusing as well when you first play it! It also had some cool things like having an overlay that pinpointed exactly where monsters were in the map (vs the radar in invasion), which this mutator does not implement. The vampire part of TallyHo forced players to be aggressive against many monsters.

Updated to version 1.1:
    Added a more appropriate end game to Invasion for this mutator to show the score board when the match finishes.
    Could not use CheckEndGame with a mutator for Invasion :hmm: , So the least disruptive way seemed to add a state timer to the mutator that did the job. Thanks to Iniquitous' Boss Waves mutator for the clues :)

4. ddraigcymraeg

ddraigcymraeg gk

and another update.... version 1.2 fixes the scoreboard for multiplayer clients. Thanks to the wiki and community contributions to it on this site, I had a refresher course on replication & simulation :).

5. dr.flay

dr.flay Dr.Flay™

Yeah I found that mixed with other mods I was overwhelmed with mixed messages and objectives.
    Love the idea and I meant to try it on its own but never got round to it.
    Adding randomness and side-quests in regular games modes is something I am a big fan of.

6. ddraigcymraeg

ddraigcymraeg gk

Hi, Have version 1.3 up. It adds fixed multiplayer support to make the U2Creatures.TOSC move faster and shoot faster making it a tougher boss type creature for invasion. Can grab it here: https://www.mediafire.com/?1bvefu3hvb15yph