UT2004 User levels

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
]-UnderTOW-[ said:
I don't see that happening what with all the other, popular mods around

Dude read my post. The point is that all the other popular mods (basically Red Orchestra and Frag Ops) barely have over a hundred players each on servers over the weekend.

Open up All Seeing Eye and take a look yourself. Not to say that all the mods around are bad, quite the opposite is true, they are mostly of a high standard. This is why it's confusing, even with a high quality mod, the players either aren't downloading the game, or just are not playing.

It's sad when one of my favorite mod's Red Orchestra sometimes only has one server with enough players to make a game.

Hirmuinen

Nov 10, 2004
Well first. Frag ops has much more players than just ten a day. When i join there is already 16 players in one server(and few other servers), so people play these mods.

Second. Red Orchestra is very good mod. Everything is so well made in it, but the only problem when n00b starts to play it, he will find that its so hard to play. There is so many team kills and thats because you dont really know are they enemy or guy on your side.
I team killed alot when i started to play it and people arent that uhm. They start calling you n00b and stuff like that(meaby thats why people dont play it so much).

There is many good mods and people play them.
-Deathball
-RO
-Strikeforce
And so on...

But one problem with mods is that there isnt any servers to play it. And this is really annoing. I dont see any servers for Jungle warfare and it looks good and fun to play.
So i hope that you have servers ready when this mod is realesed.

Hirmuinen

Nov 10, 2004
Dest said:
I downloaded DO (620mb or so) and when I try to start a gane it crashes, pretty sucky tbh!

uhm...DO?
If you mean RO then it happens for me too. When i join some maps the game just freez. I dont know why but it only happens in some maps.

mackey

Cometh the apocalypse.
Aug 27, 2004
England
www.fpscentral.com
Hirmuinen said:
Second. Red Orchestra is very good mod. Everything is so well made in it, but the only problem when n00b starts to play it, he will find that its so hard to play. There is so many team kills and thats because you dont really know are they enemy or guy on your side.
I team killed alot when i started to play it and people arent that uhm. They start calling you n00b and stuff like that(meaby thats why people dont play it so much).

Yeah Red Orchestra is pretty hard to get into at first. It takes a while and you must learn the maps. I was exactly the same, I killed my team mates all too often! As you learn the map though it gets better, but you can still tk a teammate who is in an odd position, or facing the wrong way with his rifle. It is forgivable though, I hope.

FluXs

old skool
Feb 12, 2002
United Kingdom
Oneof the things i liked about NS to help noobs where those help boxes which popped up, unlike the tooltips in BF1942 which cover the entire screen

:lol:

Last edited: