UT2004 sucks, Halo 2 rocks!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
just kidding :p

is anyone excited about Halo 2? It looks pretty good and with some xbox live I think it'll be a blast.

Anyways just want to hear your thoughts on this upcoming game. Also I want to see how many people actually read the posts and not just the thread titles :)

monkey8

Apr 4, 2004
I'm not. I don't understand the "hook" of halo. I got bored really fast but my friends just love that game. I thought it was just too simple. Now you can damage parts of vehicals though, that'd be cool in UT.

(Hover the title of threads and you can see the contents)

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Well it's kinda good that it's simple, it makes for great easy to get into multiplayer.

The one thing I hope they do fix is the repetitive architecture of the indoor locations. Every single indoor location in the game looked the same! It was so bland and boring.

discreet

i love lamp.
Jun 25, 2004
nj represent
tbh, i thought halo sucks. yea that's right, i thought it was boring and ****ty. ****ty weapons, only 2 can be used at one time, sluggish movement, boring single player, even worse multiplayer.

/me puts on flame retardant suit.

ubersoldier87

Hail to the Chief
Jun 3, 2004
MC did talk in the first Halo, he had one-liners here and there, not like the totally mute Gordon freeman or something like that...

Halo 2 will own you all though.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I really enjoyed Halo 1, the simple gameplay made it so much fun. So i'm very much looking forward to Halo 2. No more strange level design from Halo 1, and it'll improve upon Halo 1. Plus Xbox live support. you really can't go wrong. :tup:

Twisted Metal said:
Well it's kinda good that it's simple, it makes for great easy to get into multiplayer.

The one thing I hope they do fix is the repetitive architecture of the indoor locations. Every single indoor location in the game looked the same! It was so bland and boring.

What is what happens when a game is rushed. I heard that Halo 1 when released was only about 60% finished. For a game that wasnt even done it sure did turn out be wonderful.

Last edited:

{CoD}Unholy Relic

class Arm extends Hand; var Fingers
Feb 26, 2004
Icebox, MN
Can't wait for Halo 2... liked the first one, this should be even better.
It's not the one of the big Three I'm really antsy for though... *cough cough Doom 3 cough cough*

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
rajput_warrior said:
what im exited about, master chief talks, the man finally has a voice

He had a voice in Halo 1, and its the same voice actor for Halo 2. Unless you are talking about the new Proximity Voice features. Favorite things to do with the Proximity Voice:

1. Thank dead foes for giving me their shotguns.
2. Next time I’m fighting them, to ask them if my weapon maybe looks a little familiar.
3. When I’m stalking someone with a shotgun, call out their name and watch them stop and look around in puzzlement.
4. Run up behind someone, yell “BOOM!” and then a second later pull the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.