UE2 - UT2kX UT2004 Skinning Help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SZORUINED

Nov 5, 2013
hi i need some help ? for some reason my textures are not applying itself to the player i need it to ? i'm try to apply a texture to the MetalGuardMesh.MetalGuard
for some reason i see it in instant-action but it gives me a error while i try to compile a u file. Any Ideas to help please

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
You don't compile a U. You make a new UPL file with definitions to point to your UTX file's textures where appropriate.

like, for example...

[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="Fatcolm",Race="Thunderfats", Mesh=HumanMaleA.MercMaleD,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc, BodySkin=FatcolmSkin.FatBody,FaceSkin=FatcolmSkin.TripleChinFace, Portrait=FatcolmSkin.FatPortrait,Text="Fatcom - age fat - im so fat but at least im the champion... of the largest fat liandri lardnri tournament",Sex=Male,Tactics=0.3,StrafingAbility=0.2,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=1)

Assuming your skins are in the FatcolmSkin.utx package.

Last edited:

SZORUINED

Nov 5, 2013
This is my upl

[Public]
Player=(DefaultName="CanadianSkin",Race="Custom",Mesh=MetalGuardAnim.MetalGuard,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Canadain.CanadianBody,FaceSkin=Canadain.CanadianMask,
Portrait=Canadain.CanadianPortrait,Text=CanadianSkin,Sex=Male,Menu="SP",Accuracy=+0.2,Aggressiveness=+1.0,Jumpiness=+1.0,StrafingAbility=+1.0,FavoriteWeapon="xWeapons.FlakCannon",BotUse=1)

Last edited:

SZORUINED

Nov 5, 2013
and this is my UC.

class CanadainMOD extends PlayerRecordClass;

defaultproperties

{
Species=Class'XGame.SPECIES_Merc'
MeshName="MetalGuard.MetalGuard"
BodySkinName="Canadain.CanadianBody*"
FaceSkinName="Canadain.CanadianMask*"
Portrait=Texture'Canadain.CanadianPortrait*'
TextName="CanadianSkin"
Sex="Male"
Menu="SP"
}

SZORUINED

Nov 5, 2013
everyone i know says its ok but for some reason it just will not make the u. file for me with ucc make.
and when i use UMAKE for the u. i cant see the skin on the server. the server file says it on but no one can see it

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
You never mentioned you also did the third step. (And if I may add that: You problem description was terrible so far, never indicating what exactly went wrong.)

Third step: Add the .u and the resource packages to the ServerPackages list, so clients can download them.

SZORUINED

Nov 5, 2013
was already done. it was not the Server Packages that's the problem. it is something to do with the animations, for some reason the animation will not accept the textures.