UT2004 patch 3369 and Windows 7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mr Zero

Sep 25, 2010
Just a question... I installed UT2004 on my laptop with Win 7 Professional. After installation it didn't work, a Visual c++ runtime error occurred every fucking time I tried to start the game (v. 3186). Then I googl'd for UT2004 patch and found v. 3369 from Softpedia. After installing it the game runs perfectly and it seems that it doesn't ask for the CD anymore. But now I started to think if it was the legitimate/official patch or not...? I've always trusted softpedia but I'm quite paranoid when it is a question of cracks and malware. :D

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
That is legitimate. The later patches for UT2004 removed the CD check.

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
I don't know if I'd trust Sir Brizz's answer. I mean he has only posted here about 24,000 times. He's only been here since the year 2000. I'd research the rest of his posts first and make sure he knows what he is talking about. When you are done doing that in 3 - 5 years, let me know what you think because I have the same question. LOL!